Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chops

Is primary and secondary schoolling free for a 176 GSM holder

Guest Chops

Hi,

Could anyone help with this please.

Planning to migrate to Sydney in the next few months currently holding a 176 GSM visa .. does this visa qualify for free schoolling for primary and secondary state schools?

Also, does anyone have a rough idea of private schools costs in Sydney (Manly / Northern shores areas) and the differences between private and state schools ... any opinions welcome

Thanks

Chops

Public education is free, but you will be asked to buy school supplies for your child and pay a P&C contribution. We live in WA - but as a guide, my son will be going into year 6 in Feb and we'll pay a school contribution of $60, school supplies $153.80 (we didn't need to pay the full amount as we've been able to re-use some items), Excursions will be about $90 (paid up front or as they happen), Dance programme $20, 2 weeks swimming lessons $55, Mathletics/maths Olympiad $10 each, Band $95, before school guitar lessons $400, inter-school sports $60 (if selected)

My daughter starts year 11 (fees depend on what courses they're chosen) and our school charges for her are $431 (she's doing 6 TEE subjects - Maths, English Lit, French, Human Biology, Modern History and Politics and Law) Her book list is about $650

Hope this helps

Ali

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest Chops

Thanks Ali for the info

Regards

Chops

Public education is free, but you will be asked to buy school supplies for your child and pay a P&C contribution. We live in WA - but as a guide, my son will be going into year 6 in Feb and we'll pay a school contribution of $60, school supplies $153.80 (we didn't need to pay the full amount as we've been able to re-use some items), Excursions will be about $90 (paid up front or as they happen), Dance programme $20, 2 weeks swimming lessons $55, Mathletics/maths Olympiad $10 each, Band $95, before school guitar lessons $400, inter-school sports $60 (if selected)

My daughter starts year 11 (fees depend on what courses they're chosen) and our school charges for her are $431 (she's doing 6 TEE subjects - Maths, English Lit, French, Human Biology, Modern History and Politics and Law) Her book list is about $650

Hope this helps

Ali