Husband returned to Oz

Conniebygaslight

Unfortunately on Christmas eve my mother in law suffered a brain haemorrhage whilst in hospital for routine surgery, she died on new years eve. My Husband managed to fly out on 28th of December to be with her and is still there. Christmas was just awful for everyone and of course it really hits home how far away we are (whether here or Australia).

As some of you will know, we moved to Austraia this time last year to be near my husband's family but unfortunately it wasn't for us and we returned to the Uk end of August.

The whole experience cost us a fortune emotionally and financialy but the time with my mother in law really was priceless and well worth every single penny spent & tear shed.

My husband does feel guilty for not being there but he also feels that the UK is where we belong and is just so grateful that we were able to spend a good deal of quality time with his mum and the children got to enjoy the best Nanny ever.

Being here with 3 young children is very difficult without him ( as we have no family support) but there is still no place on earth where I'd rather be.

Guest guest37336
Unfortunately on Christmas eve my mother in law suffered a brain haemorrhage whilst in hospital for routine surgery, she died on new years eve. My Husband managed to fly out on 28th of December to be with her and is still there. Christmas was just awful for everyone and of course it really hits home how far away we are (whether here or Australia).

As some of you will know, we moved to Austraia this time last year to be near my husband's family but unfortunately it wasn't for us and we returned to the Uk end of August.

The whole experience cost us a fortune emotionally and financialy but the time with my mother in law really was priceless and well worth every single penny spent & tear shed.

My husband does feel guilty for not being there but he also feels that the UK is where we belong and is just so grateful that we were able to spend a good deal of quality time with his mum and the children got to enjoy the best Nanny ever.

Being here with 3 young children is very difficult without him ( as we have no family support) but there is still no place on earth where I'd rather be.

Hi Connie, nice to see you post again, just wish it was under more pleasant circumstances. A heartfelt hug for you my friend, and if anything required just holla. Good luck to you and yours Connie, and goes without saying, in my thoughts at this time.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest guest30085

I cant really add anything other than my deepest sympathies and many :hug:

Treasure the precious memories you have of the time you managed to spend with mum in law :hug:

Connie my greatest sympathy as I know exactly what you are going through right now. My Father in Law died last month and I was left "holding the fort" with my 3 young children whilst my huabnd went away for 2 weeks. It was the hardest thing I have done ina long while and the emotions of that time were just unbelieveablle. I am so sorry to hear about your mother in Law, thoughts are with you and your family. I am glad you got some quality time with her and sadly we can't always live near our families we have to do what is best for our family units and that is what you guys are doing. I hope your husband is home with you soon and you can grieve as a family.

Big hugs

Guest famousfive

What a tough journey for any son or daughter to have to make and it must also be hard for you when all you would wish for is to be there for him and his family.It is hard to be away from family at any time but especially when something so sad happens.At this time you must be confident in the decisions you have made to return to England as this happiness and stability will be the rock your husband returns too which will help him find peace after such a sudden loss.It just goes to show what a good decision it was to spend some time in Aus and it will be a time you will now never regret no matter the financial and emotional strain.We are in a very similar position and I fear when we return to Ireland my husband will be facing such a sad trip too some day for his dad who is elderly and very ill,but the time we have spent with him here can never be taken away and I am delighted we have done it even though it has been a rough road for the past year.Thinking of you all at this sad time.

So sorry to hear such sad news Connie. Lovely to hear that your children got to spend the last year with their best nanny ever. Big hugs to you all:hug:

Archived