popstar999

Notary or solicitor for stat declaration?

Hi PIO,

My OH has to do a Statutory Declaration regarding his employment, but just checking if it needs to be witnessed by a solicitor or a notary? And what the difference is? (That seems like a reallly thick question, but we need to get it done by the right person) :laugh:

Thanks!

Cx

Hi PIO,

My OH has to do a Statutory Declaration regarding his employment, but just checking if it needs to be witnessed by a solicitor or a notary? And what the difference is? (That seems like a reallly thick question, but we need to get it done by the right person) :laugh:

Thanks!

Cx

Not sure,but mine were done by a solicitor

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest RobynAtPresentInLondon

Notary public is some kind of lawyer/solicitor. I contacted one (in SE London) re the million or so certified copies required for a partner visa application, who quoted me something like £185+VAT per hour and thought that it might take an hour and a half to do the checking etc and photocopying and signature etc (not actually 1 million copies more like 20). Ended up going to a local solicitor who charged £5 to witness signature, £5 per page for certified copies and gave a bulk discount on that.

Guest Guest31881

Check with your family and friends and see if anyone knows a JP, they can sign them off and often cheaper than solicitors. Try phoning the local magistrates court see if they have a JP who would do it for you, Phone around for various prices. Solicitors can vary a hell of a lot with the price.

I was lucky I found a JP who just signed and did not charge me.

Not sure,but mine were done by a solicitor

Thanks, Pablo!

I thought it was a solicitor who had to sign it off, but when I rang up to find out about it, they asked me if a notary needed to do it? So.....I'm guessing if other people have had their's signed off by a solicitor or JP, then that's the way I'm going to go.

I was quoted £5 per page by a local place, so that's not too bad...

Thanks again!

Cx

Notary public is some kind of lawyer/solicitor. I contacted one (in SE London) re the million or so certified copies required for a partner visa application, who quoted me something like £185+VAT per hour and thought that it might take an hour and a half to do the checking etc and photocopying and signature etc (not actually 1 million copies more like 20). Ended up going to a local solicitor who charged £5 to witness signature, £5 per page for certified copies and gave a bulk discount on that.

Wow!! £185 plus vat. Are they nuts??

Phoned a local solicitor and was quoted £5 per page, so I can live with that!

Thanks!

Cx

It helps knowing a JP and he does it for a pint or two

457 - Nomination Submitted 17/02/2011. Nomination Approved 12/03/2011. e457 Submitted 13/03/2011. Visa Approved 26/03/2011. Landing in Sydney 23/05/2011.