Your advice and information would be much appreciated!

Guest dontbejudged

Guest dontbejudged

Hi there,

My husband and I are new to this site, however we have been looking at the main pomsinoz website and discovered Perth Poms.

We are currently in the process of applying for a SMV and have been waiting endlessly for the state skills lists to be published to see what our options are.

Thankfully my husbands trade of toolmaker is on the list and we have been sent a list of information we have to submit for the application which is as follows:

Updated cv for you both.

Information on funds available for transfer

Names, address for any friends family you have in WA

If you have ever been to WA when, where, what did you see etc.

Estimate the costs you would incur for your move and what you expect to be spending on in your first 3 months in the country. i.e. rental deposit, gas, elect, vehicle, transport etc.

Preferred area to live in WA and your reasons for the choice.

This is all very well asking all these questions but unless you live and work in a place its not so easy to get valid information.

Plus I am a dental nurse I believe you call me dental assistant so any info on that would great.

The cv, funds and people we no and visiting bit we can do.

Any information and advice would be very much appreciated.

We look forward to hearing you.

Bws

Fee & Ken:smile:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Fee and Ken

Welcome to PIO and Happy New Year!!!

I don't have any ideas on suburbs in WA but we have a fair number of members who live there so hopefully some can help with that.

With regards to utilities etc is it just yourself and your husband or do you have children, as obviously things would be cheaper if it's just the two of you.

Kate

Guest dontbejudged

Thank you for your reply.

Its just my self and my husband and were thinking of renting somewhere in the city to be closed to all it has to offer.

have you had a look on www.reiwa.com.au or www.realestate.com.au they have info of suburbs and houses for sale /rent etc ,you can google earth map the locations and see where they are related to the city etc,

if you gave an idea of what rent you were looking at it might be easier to point you in some direction, as a general rule houses rent would be from 330 dollars up wards but its like asking how long is a piece of string some may rent in cottesloe and pay 1,000 a week ????

maybe if you give us an idea of what your looking for in a suburb ? eg by trains , near beach , inner city living , garden for children apartment living , , that would c over preferred areas to live , and if you can work that out you can get an idea of rent , bond etc which will be four weeks rent equals bond plus two weeks rent in advance.

have a look at www.quakka.com.au they have cars in there that may help with an idea of transport costs etc , there was a thread on here the last few days giving you an idea of gas electric , insurances etc look that up and i may give you a base line .

just noticed your reply saying inner city living so look at mount lawley, east perth , fremantle, subiaco, etc

Guest SusieOR

I have to say when we had to provide this info for them I was worried about it... what if we got it wrong etc etc etc...

I was told that they just want to know you are serious about wanting to live in WA & also that you have a realistic expectation of costs etc for when you move out there!!! There are no right or wrong answers...

My advice would be dont worry about it too much...

You can get some costs from various website (list these websites to show that you have done some research)... google cost of living in WA...

Good Luck on the start of your journey :smile:

Guest dontbejudged

Thank you all so much for your help and reassurance it really helps! This will definatley help with our research. It's good to hear from people that are or have been in the same situation it makes the process all the more bearable!

:smile:

You should have asked this in the general migration area as all the questions you have asked are asked by other states also, so there are many more in the same boat as yourselves. Also you might get more responses (not to say these you already have are not as valid or incorrect) a mod might be able to move it for you. I only say this because not all of us look in the other states areas (Jealous they have an SMP and we don't)

we had never visited the State we applied for and was really wondering what they wanted to see here. Like others, i trawled the T'Ternet, read the papers and magazines, also much of our answers were our opinion, it worked though.

As other have said, its not so much a right or wrong answer, its there to check you have researched, considered and thought about your choice and its not a fresh idea in your mind.

Guest dontbejudged

Thankyou all for your replies we will take onboard the post suggestion and try the migration section aswell.

Happy new year to you all

:smile:

Guest dontbejudged

Hi All,

Just tried the sites you suggested and the info was great we can use this towards

our application.

Thanks again to all of you!

Guest mikka711
Hi i've moved it into Migration for you.

Do a mock on line shop at Coles - to see how much you'd spend on groceries https://www.colesonline.com.au/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CMLForwardViewCmd?storeId=10052&catalogId=10001&viewName=HomePageDisplay&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=PPC

That's a great idea ali - I did this several months ago, and you've reminded me to do a repeat mock shop now, given the dire state of sterling:v_SPIN:

Guest dontbejudged

Just completed and applied for Perth state sponsorship, we couldn't of done that with all the help and advice from you all.

So we would just like to say thank you to all that posted replies we really appreciate it!

Fee & Ken.:smile::smile:

Guest SusieOR
Just completed and applied for Perth state sponsorship, we couldn't of done that with all the help and advice from you all.

So we would just like to say thank you to all that posted replies we really appreciate it!

Fee & Ken.:smile::smile:

Good Luck :biggrin: