VERY Confused about skills reassessment for 2231-79 - Computing Professional (NEC)

mdesai11

Hi all,

i've been a little lazy with my australia visa application recently and have not really kept up to date with all the changes. I called IMMI just before Christmas for a general update. My family and I applied for a 175 Visa back in May 2009.

I was advised that as I was assessed by ACS using an old SOL code (2231-79 Computing professional (NEC)), it would be in my interest to get a reassessment done. I was advised I should look for a new code from the ANZSCO Schedule 3 list (which I can't find anywhere). If I don't do this, we could be waiting a very long time to have a case officer assigned.

Also, I am not sure what to get my reasssment completed in. I don't know what code I should be using. Therefore, I don't know how my old SOL code maps across to one on the new list.

Has anyone got any experience in this because i'm either being really thick or things just seem to have got more complicated than before. :arghh:

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

i've been a little lazy with my australia visa application recently and have not really kept up to date with all the changes. I called IMMI just before Christmas for a general update. My family and I applied for a 175 Visa back in May 2009.

I was advised that as I was assessed by ACS using an old SOL code (2231-79 Computing professional (NEC)), it would be in my interest to get a reassessment done. I was advised I should look for a new code from the ANZSCO Schedule 3 list (which I can't find anywhere). If I don't do this, we could be waiting a very long time to have a case officer assigned.

Also, I am not sure what to get my reasssment completed in. I don't know what code I should be using. Therefore, I don't know how my old SOL code maps across to one on the new list.

Has anyone got any experience in this because i'm either being really thick or things just seem to have got more complicated than before. :arghh:

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks in advance.

For reassessment there are 5 IT occupations in new SOL and you need to pick the one most suited to your current profession (if there is any).

When you do your reassessment, you need to use EXACT documents to get reassessed. If its not EXACT, you will not get moved to priority 3.

Otherwise your application will remain in priority 4 and may take years to get processed.

For reassessment there are 5 IT occupations in new SOL and you need to pick the one most suited to your current profession (if there is any).

When you do your reassessment, you need to use EXACT documents to get reassessed. If its not EXACT, you will not get moved to priority 3.

Otherwise your application will remain in priority 4 and may take years to get processed.

Thanks for your quick reply. Do I need to actually send them all the old documents I used to get assessed initially or will they have them archived? I figured they would just need my old assessment reference (well i hope thats the case!!).

Also, where do i get a list of the 5 occupations now available?

Thanks for your quick reply. Do I need to actually send them all the old documents I used to get assessed initially or will they have them archived? I figured they would just need my old assessment reference (well i hope thats the case!!).

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule3.pdf

cheers

Send everything, don't take chances regardless what other people says. Most important thing is that you send the same thing and nothing extra. In other words recycle the documents you used last time.

You need to SIGN and DATE the pdf (available for download after you enter credit card and hit submit). You'll only have one shot downloading it and if you deviate from the page without downloading it, it'll be a real pain fixing it. Quite a lot of people fell for it. ACS doesn't proceed with assessment if you they don't received a copy of it signed and dated along with your certified docs.

You need to apply altogether a new application as you did in 2009.

I was also in the same boat as you (got 2231-79 in May 2009 ) and recently lodged a new ACS application which is currently in progress.

You need to apply altogether a new application as you did in 2009.

I was also in the same boat as you (got 2231-79 in May 2009 ) and recently lodged a new ACS application which is currently in progress.

Hi,

I hope you get a successful reassessment. Only problem for me is I'm not sure which occupation to nominate. I'm classed as a systems administrator so not sure whether I could get a successful reassessment as an ICT Business Analyst. What did you nominate as your new occupation?

Guest ssrini
Hi,

I hope you get a successful reassessment. Only problem for me is I'm not sure which occupation to nominate. I'm classed as a systems administrator so not sure whether I could get a successful reassessment as an ICT Business Analyst. What did you nominate as your new occupation?

Mine was software engineer in Java but last time agent though 2231-79 with Java is easy so he went for that.

This time I am doing it my own as my MARA agent was more of a pain than help (you need to do all the documentation then why to pay such exorbitant fees just to fill my details.. learned during last assessment) so I have gone for 261313 (software engineer) and I do have 10 years of experience in the same field.

Mine was software engineer in Java but last time agent though 2231-79 with Java is easy so he went for that.

This time I am doing it my own as my MARA agent was more of a pain than help (you need to do all the documentation then why to pay such exorbitant fees just to fill my details.. learned during last assessment) so I have gone for 261313 (software engineer) and I do have 10 years of experience in the same field.

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I've been trying to do some research on the best way forward. I've now changed our plans and instead of going for a 175 visa, we've decided to change it to a 176 and hopefully get state sponsorship from Victoria. The ASCO code 2231-79 automatically translates in ANZSCO code 261399 without the need for reassessment. Although we wanted to move to WA, this is a good alternative (we believe).

I put in our application to Victoria yesterday so am anxiously waiting for the result....

Thanks for all your help folks in this matter.

Guest Mongobear
Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I've been trying to do some research on the best way forward. I've now changed our plans and instead of going for a 175 visa, we've decided to change it to a 176 and hopefully get state sponsorship from Victoria. The ASCO code 2231-79 automatically translates in ANZSCO code 261399 without the need for reassessment. Although we wanted to move to WA, this is a good alternative (we believe).

I put in our application to Victoria yesterday so am anxiously waiting for the result....

Thanks for all your help folks in this matter.

Hi,

feel free to join our VIC-SMP thread here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99554-new-vic-smp-where-you-now.html

Cheers

Uli

• 5 months later...

HI,

I am new to this forum who was in Cat4 before and now pushed to cat 5. My occupation is 2231-79 computer professional nec and I was asking my agent to go for review of Skills assessment. They simply reject it by saying that a new skills assessment should be followed by new application lodged with DIAC wit h new visa charges .

Anybody who had reviewed can let me know whether do I need to once again lodge fresh application after receiving successfull assessment review or not.

Fast reply is highly appreciated as I have to finalise this by this week

Thanks in advance

Thilaks

Guest Mongobear
HI,

I am new to this forum who was in Cat4 before and now pushed to cat 5. My occupation is 2231-79 computer professional nec and I was asking my agent to go for review of Skills assessment. They simply reject it by saying that a new skills assessment should be followed by new application lodged with DIAC wit h new visa charges .

Anybody who had reviewed can let me know whether do I need to once again lodge fresh application after receiving successfull assessment review or not.

Thanks in advance

Thilaks

Hi,

your agent is bullsh*t. Go for the reassessment but take care not to add any new documents. The reassessment has to be based solely on the original documents. Once you receive your new code, scan a copy to the DIAC and they'll recategorize your application.

Good luck

Uli

P.S. Here's the official DIAC announcement re the reassessment-option for ICT-guys: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/acs-skills-assessment-review.pdf

HI,

Thanks in advance

Thilaks

ur agent is dreaming... it has been 6 months since DIAC made the official announcement that we can get a reassessment. I applied for a new skills assessment in feb and got it done by May, and I'm one of the last. Join the rest of us here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tHQP8Hpmu2NRl1EfjvQw3YQ&hl=en#gid=0

with ur details. As you can see 75% of us already have our PR visas !

Thanks Friend. I will go for reassessment.

Sort it out with agent first. Ask him why he said you need new application with new assessment. I know there are many dud agents but he might have some specific reason for saying what he said.

The thing is, there was a PDF here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm

which advised people to get reassessed with original doc and forward it to an email address. Now its gone. Something may have happened recently who knows.

Guest shivi2007

Hi,everyone

I am system manager - ASCO code(2231-11),I have gotten my File No since FEB 2008,but I do not have any case officer.I am so worried.I had many negotiation with DAMAC but They always say that I am not in the priority they want and should wait until 2012.I can not wait anymore.I want to find a way to get a sponsorship(job offer) or stationary sponsorship.Could any one help me to get one of these?

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Guest Mongobear
Hi,everyone

I am system manager - ASCO code(2231-11),I have gotten my File No since FEB 2008,but I do not have any case officer.I am so worried.I had many negotiation with DAMAC but They always say that I am not in the priority they want and should wait until 2012.I can not wait anymore.I want to find a way to get a sponsorship(job offer) or stationary sponsorship.Could any one help me to get one of these?

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Hi,

as far as I know SA was sponsoring System Administrators (currently suspened) and the ACT does too. Maybe you want to try your luck there.

Cheers

Uli

Sort it out with agent first. Ask him why he said you need new application with new assessment. I know there are many dud agents but he might have some specific reason for saying what he said.

The thing is, there was a PDF here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm

which advised people to get reassessed with original doc and forward it to an email address. Now its gone. Something may have happened recently who knows.

i think they have just 'refreshed' the links here is the original link :

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/acs-skills-assessment-review.pdf

there is also information regarding this issue on the ACS website:

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=skillassessment

Guest shivi2007

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your quick response,But I had assessed before and accepted as group B.Then i sent all my documents To DIAC and get FILE Number not reference NO.But they have not allocated me Any Case Officer,So i can't negotiate with them any more whit out Case Officer.I have no agent,But if needed I should get.

If u have an idea to help me please do me the favor.

cheers

Guest Mongobear
Dear Friend,

Thanks for your quick response,But I had assessed before and accepted as group B.Then i sent all my documents To DIAC and get FILE Number not reference NO.But they have not allocated me Any Case Officer,So i can't negotiate with them any more whit out Case Officer.I have no agent,But if needed I should get.

If u have an idea to help me please do me the favor.

cheers

Hi,

it doesn't matter if you already applied for the visa, if there is a case-officer assigned or if you have an agent. As long as the visa has been lodged before 1st July 2010 you can switch between subclass 175 (independent) and 176(sponsored). So try to get a state-sponsorship and once you have it provide the details to the DIAC. They'll then put you in priority-group three (at the moment you are cat5).

If you're unsure about the whole procedure you should consider engaging a good (!) migration agent. Some of them are also writing here in the forum.

Cheers

Uli

Guest shivi2007

Hi

I should appreciate u because of your kindness and time u assign me.I saw 2 website of ACT And SA but they are closed now.Do they need IELTS score too and what is the min score they accept, should I take an IELTS exam again?

Thanks a lot.

Guest Mongobear
Hi

I should appreciate u because of your kindness and time u assign me.I saw 2 website of ACT And SA but they are closed now.Do they need IELTS score too and what is the min score they accept, should I take an IELTS exam again?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I'm not sure about that but I think both states require an IELTS-test, most probably 4*7. Just check the details here:

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/

http://www.business.act.gov.au/skilled_and_business_migration/skilled_migration

Applications are closed at the moment due to the start of the new financial year and the implementation of DIACs new points-system. They should reopen within the next weeks/months.

Good luck

Uli