To Move Syd to Melb?? (or maybe Bris)

Guest sunnydays74

Guest sunnydays74

I am in my mid 30's and have lived in Sydney for 12 years, I love it here, and have good friends, but need the next adventure. Whilst I am not a total city slicker I enjoy dinners and drinks out and lots of great shopping, but I am looking for a bit of an easier lifestyle than Syd, and maybe a city with a more casual approach. (also considering bris)

What I am wondering is,

Has anyone who has lived in Syd for some time moved to Melb.. what did you think?

Pro's/Con's?

I loved Melb on a few visits, but I also want to save a bit of money, Syd is mass expensive... I am wondering from those that have lived in both whether they found Melb cheaper or easier, more casual to live?

Do you think the people are friendly there ie in making new friends/contacts etc

In terms of weather is the cold bad? I guess it depends on how affected you are..

Anyways would love your thoughts from anyone who has lived in both Melb and Syd, or ideally someone that has lived Syd, Bris and Melb.... ahh decisions decisions

Thankyou

Guest The Pom Queen

Welcome to the forum. Melbourne is a great place to live and there is plenty going on. I have heard it is a lot cheaper than Sydney. They also say by 2035 Melbourne will take over from Sydney as the largest Australian city. The people are friendly but like everywhere it can take time to build up friendships, some people arrive in Melbourne and expect friends from day one. The weather won't be that much different from Sydney's. We found the weather was a factor in our move to Queensland, although I don't mind rain I hate the cold.

Brisbane may give you a more laid back kind of lifestyle and cheaper cost of living. What do you do for work?

Kate

Archived