Is it time the English move forward?

tracy123

I just wonder sometimes if the English feel we are living back in the 1800’s. Back when you could invade and concur, :jimlad: back when the English way was the only way (not necessary the right way!!!!)

Why move if you’re happy? I’d love to see you tell a Frenchman how shlt his bread is. You’re moving almost as far away as you possibly can, did you not expect things to be different? So what if the beer tastes different, it goes dark early.... It doesn’t have buildings over 200 years old, if you did a bit of homework you would find out when Australia was colonised, common sense would tell you how old buildings would be..... OMG they don’t wear shoes, they don’t feel the need to get dressed to the hilt to go shopping.... Who really cares???? If the place was called New England maybe you could expect things to be the same but it’s not.

Enjoy the difference, even better embrace it, take the bull by the horns and face the challenge head on. Expect nothing and who knows things may work out. Yes you may have spent 1000’s getting there but just like everybody else Australia owes you nothing! :tongue:

So stop bitching and get on with it. :wubclub:

I just wonder sometimes if the English feel we are living back in the 1800’s. Back when you could invade and concur, :jimlad: back when the English way was the only way (not necessary the right way!!!!)

Why move if you’re happy? I’d love to see you tell a Frenchman how shlt his bread is. You’re moving almost as far away as you possibly can, did you not expect things to be different? So what if the beer tastes different, it goes dark early.... It doesn’t have buildings over 200 years old, if you did a bit of homework you would find out when Australia was colonised, common sense would tell you how old buildings would be..... OMG they don’t wear shoes, they don’t feel the need to get dressed to the hilt to go shopping.... Who really cares???? If the place was called New England maybe you could expect things to be the same but it’s not.

Enjoy the difference, even better embrace it, take the bull by the horns and face the challenge head on. Expect nothing and who knows things may work out. Yes you may have spent 1000’s getting there but just like everybody else Australia owes you nothing! :tongue:

Oh get back in yer truck and stop whining yorkie boy:cute:

Guest guest36762
With what parts? Why?

it's all very well saying things are different, different country and all that, but in reality, no one really knows how these differences will affect them til they move over here.

So those waiting for their visas probably read the negative MBTTUK posts-mentioning people not wearing shoes, endless BBQs and banality, crap TV-and say to themselves "cor dear, what whingers".

So telling people before they come out something as bleedin obvious 'things are different' won't make any difference. The ones that adapt well will continue to do so (why is another story), and the ones who get wound up by all the many minor differences, will start getting cranky and whingey.

Simple, that's why.

it's all very well saying things are different, different country and all that, but in reality, no one really knows how these differences will affect them til they move over here.

So those waiting for their visas probably read the negative MBTTUK posts-mentioning people not wearing shoes, endless BBQs and banality, crap TV-and say to themselves "cor dear, what whingers".

So telling people before they come out something as bleedin obvious 'things are different' won't make any difference. The ones that adapt well will continue to do so (why is another story), and the ones who get wound up by all the many minor differences, will start getting cranky and whingey.

Simple, that's why.

You're right, no one does know how things will effect them, or what things will effect them..... But surely people can't expect things to be the same?

Why would you expect things to be the same? More to the point why would you want them to be the same.

I understand not everyone leaves the UK looking for better or because the UK is going to the dogs, people move for all reasons.

But surely people must be looking for difference? If not why leave? If you are happy with your life in the UK, chances are you wont find happyness somewhere else unless you're happy with change (I'm sure I'll be proved wrong)

People need to except things are done differently in Australia, right or wrong (in their eyes) is irrelevent.

Guest guest30038
I just wonder sometimes if the English feel we are living back in the 1800’s. Back when you could invade and concur,

The only people that concurred were those that had been invaded..........they didn't have much choice :wink: :biglaugh:

kev

The only people that concurred were those that had been invaded..........they didn't have much choice :wink: :biglaugh:

kev

:notworthy: oops sorry Kev.... conquer

I will write it out 100 times

conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer

Guest guest30038
:notworthy: oops sorry Kev.... conquer

I will write it out 100 times

conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer conquer

You cut and pasted you naughty boy! Very insecure and uncultured..............as a punishment you can eat 12 aussie snags! :goofy:

kev

Guest guest36762
You're right, no one does know how things will effect them, or what things will effect them..... But surely people can't expect things to be the same?

Why would you expect things to be the same? More to the point why would you want them to be the same.

I understand not everyone leaves the UK looking for better or because the UK is going to the dogs, people move for all reasons.

But surely people must be looking for difference? If not why leave? If you are happy with your life in the UK, chances are you wont find happyness somewhere else unless you're happy with change (I'm sure I'll be proved wrong)

People need to except things are done differently in Australia, right or wrong (in their eyes) is irrelevent.

no people shouldn't expect things to be the same, agreed.

My point is that telling or asking people to come out with an open mind will not make any difference to their eventual reaction to the effects of living in Australia.

It's a bit like saying to expectant parents that 'everything changes when you've got kids'. They're thinking 'yeah, yeah, obviously', but until that day when the baby pops out and their lives are suddenly consumed with all things baby related, they won't fully appreciate how monumental a change it is.....does that make sense?

put simply, let people find out for themselves

Guest sh7t man no way

bluddy whingeing ausies they get everywhere:no:and a merry xmas to you geoffrey:wubclub:

Guest guest32776

It took me a while to realise 'concur' (meaning to agree) was supposed to be 'conquer'

I think it depends on what you consider the purpose of POMZ IN OZ actually is.... If it is a website in which a person joins to assist other immigrants and people in the UK to move to Australia (basically like a marketing site) then it would make sense to stop people commenting on some of the peculiarities of Oz - which they might few as backward/unpleasant or perhaps an improvement on the UK. However, if it is supposed to act as a lively chat forum then surely the debate/complaints/banter and more heated arguments are welcome. Personally, I am certain a lot less people would log on if it was just a marketing venture. I don't think people are necessarily all that interested in arguing Pro - Oz or Pro-UK just finding common ground between themselves and other posters...

If we all just 'thanked' each other and sent kisses around where would the fun be?

Guest guest37336

Is It Time For The English To Move Forward?

Yep, couldn't agree more Geoff.

The last few Rugby Union internationals have shown that the pack of the English need to move forward far more. Far too much lateral play and the ball remaining stagnant.

Our rucking and mauling has vastly improved, but at the scrummage breakdown we do play far too defensively. So you are right, the English pack need to scrummage far more aggressively, and when ball is in hand, move forward.

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

I think it depends on what you consider the purpose of POMZ IN OZ actually is.... If it is a website in which a person joins to assist other immigrants and people in the UK to move to Australia (basically like a marketing site) then it would make sense to stop people commenting on some of the peculiarities of Oz - which they might few as backward/unpleasant or perhaps an improvement on the UK.

I would of thought people joined PIO to get advice on Australia or find friends once in Australia, otherwise why would you join a forum about POMS IN OZ?

However, if it is supposed to act as a lively chat forum then surely the debate/complaints/banter and more heated arguments are welcome.

I think PIO would be a dull place without all of the things you mention. But it's a fine line between banter and to misinform people. For example day light saving (not that I think anyone wouldn't move because of it) but not all states don't have daylight savings, not all Aussie men are racists, not every Aussie is uncultured and I could go on.......

Personally, I am certain a lot less people would log on if it was just a marketing venture. I don't think people are necessarily all that interested in arguing Pro - Oz or Pro-UK just finding common ground between themselves and other posters...

Once again I think you are right, but at the same time to people should know that things are not as bad/good as people make out.

no people shouldn't expect things to be the same, agreed.

My point is that telling or asking people to come out with an open mind will not make any difference to their eventual reaction to the effects of living in Australia.

It's a bit like saying to expectant parents that 'everything changes when you've got kids'. They're thinking 'yeah, yeah, obviously', but until that day when the baby pops out and their lives are suddenly consumed with all things baby related, they won't fully appreciate how monumental a change it is.....does that make sense?

put simply, let people find out for themselves

People do need to enter most things with an open mind, nothing new there really!

Good analogy

Most people once they have a child don't give it up because it cries, because it's ugly etc, they dig in get advice and move on and are rewarded in the end. :hug:

Guest guest32776
People do need to enter most things with an open mind, nothing new there really!

Good analogy

Most people once they have a child don't give it up because it cries, because it's ugly etc, they dig in get advice and move on and are rewarded in the end. :hug:

Or join a forum to take the p_ss out of it :jiggy:

It took me a while to realise 'concur' (meaning to agree) was supposed to be 'conquer'

I think it depends on what you consider the purpose of POMZ IN OZ actually is.... If it is a website in which a person joins to assist other immigrants and people in the UK to move to Australia (basically like a marketing site) then it would make sense to stop people commenting on some of the peculiarities of Oz - which they might few as backward/unpleasant or perhaps an improvement on the UK. However, if it is supposed to act as a lively chat forum then surely the debate/complaints/banter and more heated arguments are welcome. Personally, I am certain a lot less people would log on if it was just a marketing venture. I don't think people are necessarily all that interested in arguing Pro - Oz or Pro-UK just finding common ground between themselves and other posters...

If we all just 'thanked' each other and sent kisses around where would the fun be?[/QUOTE]

Judging from alot of posts on this site in recent times it seems that that has become the main aim of some posters on here.

Merry Christmas (bah humbug) :mask:

Guest guest36762

If we all just 'thanked' each other and sent kisses around where would the fun be?[/QUOTE]

Judging from alot of posts on this site in recent times it seems that that has become the main aim of some posters on here.

Merry Christmas (bah humbug) :mask:

..........are you feeling unloved mate?

I'd share some of thanks with you but that's impossible, so.......

Archived