Newbie family heading for Queensland!

Guest samson

Guest samson

Hi Everyone,

First time on today. I've been reading for hours! there's so many links and useful info available. Very helpful.

We're still waiting for case officer, application sent in May:arghh:!!!

Getting really frustrated with the wait. I can't make any sense of the ASPC timelines, anyone out there, please help!

OH is a 1st class welder, I'm an enrolled nurse. 2 boys 17 and 14 getting fed up with waiting!!

We've never been to Oz and are looking at Sunshine Coast, would love to hear from anyone going or living there!!

Guest lcys2460

Hello,

I'm hopefully heading for the sunshine coast too. I'm a little way behind you, my application was received 16 July in Adelaide (although they haven't confirmed that yet of course!). I can see I'm gonna be mega frustrated as time moves on - patience isn't one of my virtues!!!

I have been to the Sunshine Coast - went in May this year. Planned a trip as a bit of rekkie, loved Brisbane but when I went to visit some friends on the Sunshine Coast I fell in love. You've got beaches one side and mountains/landscape the other. Bliss.

So Sunshine Coast is definately where we want to start our new life.

I see from another posting that you've got a buyer for your house too - we have also but early days yet.

OH is an Electrician and I'm an Information Analyst.

Good luck with your application

Guest JoanneHattersley

:wubclub:

RN in Brissie - help anyway I can.

PM/Email me.

Been here 2 1/2 years.

:yes:

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi Sue,

Welcome to PIO - it's a great site and everyone is so helpful...even trying to take your mind off the wait!!!

I'm on the same sort of time line as you. i have confirmation that they received our application and took the money, just waiting for the acknowledgement so we can get on and have our medicals.

We are heading over for a bit of a look around in September, going to check out Brisbane, Sunshine and Gold coast. Cant wait to see it in the flesh!!!

Good luck with the application!

Lou

Sue,

I feel very fortunate that we've settled in very well and very quickly, despite a car crash and a leaking roof!! It is very cliched but when the kids are happy it does make a difference to you (one less worry) and I think that was my main concern, I knew we'd adapt but wondered about the alex in particular making friends you know how fickle 12 year old girls can be. Didn't need to worry, kids love it as much as we do.

Ali

Archived