Did anyone else have to write, show proof to confim move?

Guest Noodle

I have been asked by the education authority, via school, to write a letter with evidence of our move. Has anyone else had to do this? Whilst I do not have a problem with this, it just seems like a never ending task of pleasing other people before you can even begin to get yourself sorted out! Don't even get me started on Council tax office (thick sods).

Leila x :wideeyed:

I have been asked by the education authority, via school, to write a letter with evidence of our move. Has anyone else had to do this?

But, why would they want that! My OH is a teacher and didn't need to prove anything, neither did my daughter's school ask for anything.

I guess there must be a specific reason in your case?

Cheers

B!K3R

No, we didn't either (had to take the little one out of school when we sold our house last month and went to live with parents). I wrote them a letter stating that we were moving to Australia and requested that they remove him from their system.

The problem you are having is the same as many people who decide to homeschool their children, you are not asking their permission to take your child out of school, you are simply informing them that your child will no longer be attending school, you do not have to prove anything. I get annoyed by all this having to prove yourself time and time again, so I feel for you.

Here's a link to a website about de-registering your child from school (admittedly for homeschooling, but taking child our of school all the same) if you are interested:

How do I Tell a School I Want to Home School my Child? - A Home Education (UK)