What is it with employers?

Guest Noodle

Finished my last shift yesterday morning. Went into the office to say thanks and nice knowing you yarda, yarda. Boss replied with (stern face to boot!), you could have worked next weekend as well (12 hour xmas day night and 12 hour boxing day night).

Would you or, would you expect anyone to work there last Christmas in the UK? They are aware that I have 5/6 weeks till we emigrate, three children and two birthdays. I have been totally honest and up front at all times and given three times more notice than required...

Leila x :wacko:

Finished my last shift yesterday morning. Went into the office to say thanks and nice knowing you yarda, yarda. Boss replied with (stern face to boot!), you could have worked next weekend as well (12 hour xmas day night and 12 hour boxing day night).

Would you or, would you expect anyone to work there last Christmas in the UK? They are aware that I have 5/6 weeks till we emigrate, three children and two birthdays. I have been totally honest and up front at all times and given three times more notice than required...

Leila x :wacko:

Your ex-boss is an arse.

No, just made things easier. Nice side my colleagues had a whip round - huge (massive actually) bunch of flowers, perfume (hope they were not trying to hint!), 2 x wine and a night out demand. Made me teary but happy to know that have enjoyed working with me. x

Ah well, I'm sure it makes it easier to leave,some bosses are just so grumpy, bet it wouldn't have mattered if you had worked 24/7 over the christmas period they still would have had something negative to say!

I've got 8 shifts left (yes counting down) and its been thoroughly rubbish, so any emotional attachment I might have felt has totally disappeared! I'll be skipping out the door at the end of my last shift!

Don't worry about it Noodle - some people are just so miserable! Its probably envy!

I am dreaming of my last day at work. 28th Jan will be a happy day. When I handed my notice in, by boss said: 'But we need to agree your last day, you can't just resign!.' to which I replied with a warm smile: 'I don't think so, I am leaving, I get to decide when I leave not you'. What an idiot, thinking he gets to call the shots when I resign from my job! Hahaha!

Don't worry about it Noodle - some people are just so miserable! Its probably envy!

I am dreaming of my last day at work. 28th Jan will be a happy day. When I handed my notice in, by boss said: 'But we need to agree your last day, you can't just resign!.' to which I replied with a warm smile: 'I don't think so, I am leaving, I get to decide when I leave not you'. What an idiot, thinking he gets to call the shots when I resign from my job! Hahaha!

:laugh::laugh:Good on yer ks!:jiggy:

Doesn't sound like much does it, but I got so much enjoyment from saying that as he loves having power over me, and there is absolutely nothing he can do to stop me from leaving. :biggrin::jiggy:

Im no manager mate,but you'd think the likes of Leys boss would have a bit of sympathy,last crimbo in uk,b/days etc,not interested it seems:no:

Im no manager mate,but you'd think the likes of Leys boss would have a bit of sympathy,last crimbo in uk,b/days etc,not interested it seems:no:

Exactly! Bah Humbug or what! But I reckon your boss Leila has a touch of the green eyed monster. The most important thing I think is that your work mates appreciate you and got you some lovely leaving pressies to show you they care :wubclub:

:laugh: good for you...

I wrote in my resignation letter that the last week I would be able to physically work would be the 11th January, my place has a reputation for being awkward, trying to scrape as many shifts out of you as possible, so I wasn't taking any chances - some people who have left in the past have finished work on Sunday night and started their new job on Monday morning because they said that they owed the ward hours due to taking too much annual leave prior to leaving :no:. Didn't want something silly like having to work right up until the flight left happening to me!

Guest Andie33

Jealous Jealous Jealous!....dont think about it again, i know exactly how you feel, but under different circumstances, and its just jealousy and its become so typical of nhs middle management its ridiculous.....just focus on the nice bits and block him/her out completely. Their loss i say, best of british, have a fantastic time...all part of the journey

Andie x

I have to admit that I have always been lucky with work mates and bosses. Always had the best mates at work and I have to say, hehe, weird I know, but my bosses have always become best friends.

In fact, the only problem I had when I mentioned I was leaving was that they tried everything to keep me over :cute:

Anyway, I resigned last month (cause I been there for 7 years!) and will go in to work till 31st Dec and then paid leave till 19th Jan :laugh:

Really hope that th trend continues in OZ, heh, who knows! :huh:

:smile:

Cheers

B!K3R

Well all, I must say it was strange washing & dressing and making my last bed. I have always had a soft spot for this resident. She understands you when you talk but can't respond. Always gave me a hug in the past ( probably because I never dragged her out of bed and let her wake up first and rubbed her back!) but gave me the biggest that morning and would not let go. Silver lining for me.

I will say, it was nice to know that I am not the only one with a bar steward of a boss. It was odd as I have always maintained, to this day, friendships/good relationships with my past employers (4). They have all wished me well.

For all those (TheOptimist esp.) it feels good, roll on the days for you. It makes you more determined to succeed.

Leila x

Well all, I must say it was strange washing & dressing and making my last bed. I have always had a soft spot for this resident. She understands you when you talk but can't respond. Always gave me a hug in the past ( probably because I never dragged her out of bed and let her wake up first and rubbed her back!) but gave me the biggest that morning and would not let go. Silver lining for me.

I will say, it was nice to know that I am not the only one with a bar steward of a boss. It was odd as I have always maintained, to this day, friendships/good relationships with my past employers (4). They have all wished me well.

For all those (TheOptimist esp.) it feels good, roll on the days for you. It makes you more determined to succeed.

Leila x

Aww, that's really sweet, that resident clearly thinks very highly of you. Well done on getting through it.

Enjoy your last Christmas in England (for a bit at least) and roll on the good times! :wubclub::hug: