Jobs no worry !!

nicandjay

Just a note to inform the doom and gloomers on here that BOTH hubby and myself have secured excellent jobs for our return back to the UK !! We cant wait and already feel so much happier knowing we will be around friends and family !!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest chris955

Yeah yeah, pull the other one :laugh: There are 75 million people unemployed in the UK with another 20 million losing their jobs next year, also don't expect a pay rise for the next 15 years at least. :wink:

Just a note to inform the doom and gloomers on here that BOTH hubby and myself have secured excellent jobs for our return back to the UK !! We cant wait and already feel so much happier knowing we will be around friends and family !!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That is great news. Out of interest - what is your occupation? I have noted a lot of vacancies in my own sector in the UK.

Cheers.

Just a note to inform the doom and gloomers on here that BOTH hubby and myself have secured excellent jobs for our return back to the UK !! We cant wait and already feel so much happier knowing we will be around friends and family !!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations on the jobs, do you mind me asking what jobs you and your hubby do?

I bet you can't wait to see your family and old friends. Well done. :wubclub:

Guest Guest26012
Hi , Im a nurse !!! Yes and got a job no worries with the so called 1.5 million lay off !! Hubby is a telecoms engineer !!

So dont believe all these sad individuals on here that say there is nothing out there !!

We are prove there is !!

Well done on securing your jobs for your return! To call others sad individuals is wrong in my opinion! They may have experienced hardship and, may be struggling to survive, whatever their circumstances. Of course there are positives out there! A lot of the time i believe its a state of mind! If people are unhappy where they live then they will see a lot through negative eyes! Just as you see the positives of returning to the uk, and good on ya, others who are waiting to come to oz see things diferently. Not nice to call them sad! Good luck on your return!

Just a note to inform the doom and gloomers on here that BOTH hubby and myself have secured excellent jobs for our return back to the UK !!

Well done on the job front, i see you are a nurse, just watch out at the mo as the bloody sickness bug is shutting ward after ward in the hospitals at the mo...:jimlad:

Yeah yeah, pull the other one :laugh: There are 75 million people unemployed in the UK with another 20 million losing their jobs next year, also don't expect a pay rise for the next 15 years at least. :wink:

Its the Bloody snow thats the problem, no one can get to work, bloody stuff...

Stay in Oz where its warm and you dont have to worry about some **** crashing into your van who cant drive in the bloody snow.....:realmad:

Nick the Plumber..:jimlad:

Guest chris955

Just to re-open this thread as I read something interesting. We do hear from some doom mongers that there are no jobs and everyone has had their pay frozen for years etc, which obviously isn't true of course but when you look closely at the breakdown of unemployment it makes interesting reading. In most areas of the UK unemployment is running at around 5% and less but a few areas are up over 10% which obviously makes the overall picture look quite bleak. In 'my' area in the South West many areas are down around 3 or 4% whereas in Birmingham for example it is up over 11%. Just some food for thought.

Just to re-open this thread as I read something interesting. We do hear from some doom mongers that there are no jobs and everyone has had their pay frozen for years etc, which obviously isn't true of course but when you look closely at the breakdown of unemployment it makes interesting reading. In most areas of the UK unemployment is running at around 5% and less but a few areas are up over 10% which obviously makes the overall picture look quite bleak. In 'my' area in the South West many areas are down around 3 or 4% whereas in Birmingham for example it is up over 11%. Just some food for thought.

Interesting - where did you find those stats?

Cheers.

It is on the BBC News website, they have an unemployment tracker which allows you to see at a glance the rate in any area of the country.

Thanks. The percentage figures on their map are percentage of those claiming Jobseekers Allowance I think - is that your understanding too?

Guest chris955

Thanks. Interesting to see how rates in the SW, South and East have stayed low and below the national average whereas the Midlands, North etc have risen. The former have decreased in recent times when you look at the animation.

Guest Toorak Trev

Congratulations

But just remember you will be paid in pounds, which will afford grams

Guest pegasus 90

Hi, I have to agree with this. I returned to U.K in June after 10 years in Perth, and I managed to get a job before arriving back. I am in a Sales management role and since being back I have had to recruit three new sales people and believe me, I thought with all the doom and gloom that people would be breaking my door down; however the reality was the complete opposite!!!. Of the three agencies we used , all of them said that unfortunately good salepeople are like gold dust and just aren't out there even in this economic climate!. It eventually took me nearly 5 months to hire people.

Again I accept that things change depending on what you do & where you are based (I am in Kent). However what I will say is that I am aghast at some of the salaries on offer here. Some of them seem to have not moved from when I left in 2000 !!.

One piece of advice I will give to those returning, is to read all the papers, but please accept that British newspaper will only concentrate on the negative issues and will seldom print a positive uplifting story.

Guest chris955

Thank you, I was beginning to think what I found in the UK recently was just a dream or I was making it up as one member on here told me :laugh:

No-one is saying it's all rosey but some would have us believe it's all doom and gloom when in fact what I found is that as you say it is media driven.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Congratulations on getting your jobs, you have been lucky theres alot of people out of work here and its set to get worse. It isn't doom and gloom, its just a fact of life here in the uk which is still struggling through its worst financial crisis ever, at present, some places are fairing better than others, some places unemployment is chronic, its still a great country though with 29 million people in employment and crikey if these two can get work, anyone can.

jedward-ice-ice-baby.jpg