Pickfords vs Doree Bonner

Guest gernoni

Guest gernoni

Hi

Looking for some advise please....

We have had quotes from both Doree Bonner & Pickfords, and both are competitively quoted, but wondered if anyone had any experience of either company?

We are moving from Glasgow to Brisbane in January, and although I have read the threads from the previous Pickfords vs Doree Bonner discussion, I wondered if anyone had any more current comments?

Cheers!:confused:

I think you will find people that have had good and bad experiences with Pickfords, Doree Bonner and all the others. We used pickfords, it was nine weeks door to door, a couple of small breakages. I have moved overseas and back before, it seems there will always be a couple of breakages.

Try ozforex for money transfers.

Hi,

We have also narrowed it down to Pickfords or Doree Bonner but have chosen Doree Bonner. Mainly because we are taking vehicles with us and they offer a 33 day service rather than 8 to 10 weeks for our container to arrive for only an extra couple of hundred pounds!

The guy we dealt with at Pickfords was great, but when he went off sick for a while, no one in the office could help us so we had to wait until he came back! Did not inspire confidence really!

KT xx

Guest guest33730

If it's a guy called Gordon Clark who you had out from Doree Bonnar to give you the quote - he was by far the best salesman of the 4 companies I had out to quote and I was disappointed not to be able to go with him but for me it was a price issue - if the price is not an issue then Gordon would definitely have my vote and his company has a very good reputation.

Daniel

If it's a guy called Gordon Clark who you had out from Doree Bonnar to give you the quote - he was by far the best salesman of the 4 companies I had out to quote and I was disappointed not to be able to go with him but for me it was a price issue - if the price is not an issue then Gordon would definitely have my vote and his company has a very good reputation.

Daniel

Shame, because they couldn't be arsed calling me back. After being transfered 3 times to different offices because they didnt know who covered blackburn they said they would call me back. Never did. Heyho their lose

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jdmover
Hi,

We have also narrowed it down to Pickfords or Doree Bonner but have chosen Doree Bonner. Mainly because we are taking vehicles with us and they offer a 33 day service rather than 8 to 10 weeks for our container to arrive for only an extra couple of hundred pounds!

The guy we dealt with at Pickfords was great, but when he went off sick for a while, no one in the office could help us so we had to wait until he came back! Did not inspire confidence really!

KT xx

Hi CKR,

Please beware that the 33 days will be the sailing time and won't include the time it takes to get on the vessel or the time it takes to go through the Customs and Clearance. It'll also take a mover a little time to arrange delivery. If you take all this into account it will take 8-10 weeks Door to Door.

I'm employed by Pickfords so please don't hesitate to message me if you'd like to discuss further.

Regards