2231-79 Computing Professional (nec) Group A and the new priority

Guest jstudds

Guest jstudds

Inspired by the similarly named thread for ICT recent graduates, i have decided to set up a thread for Group A applications.

Given the new release from DIAC: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/acs-skills-assessment-review.pdf

Are people looking to get their skills reassessed/reviewed? Has anyone done this already? If so please do share your experiences with the rest of this group.

VISA SUBCLASS 175 CLASS VE, 2231-79 (nec) applied may 2009, priority gp 4

Guest jstudds

Good to hear, i hope we can get a band of us together to share as much info as possible and lobby in a similar way that the recent grads are to make sure we don't get overlooked.

It looks like DIAC are being reasonably clear in their latest pdf:

"This advice relates to GSM visa applicants who:

1. lodged their application on the basis of a skills assessment by ACS in the Australian Standards Classification of Occupations (ASCO) occupation of Computing Professionals NEC prior to 1 July 2010 and
  2. subsequently sought a review of their skills assessment from the ACS to determine their skilled occupation under Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO). "

There is no mention of groups so i assume this relates to all groups within 2231-79, moreover, from what i've read on forums DIAC don't care if it's a review or reassessment, just as long as it's clearly made with the same documentation as the original.

ACS so far have been less helpful as from what i can tell they are still insisting that a review can only take place on assessments less than 60 days old, making DIAC's statement inconsequential as who has an ASCO code less than 60 days old? no one.

I've sent an enquiry to ACS and await response.

Guest Mongobear
I've sent an enquiry to ACS and await response.

Hi jstudds,

did you get a response from the ACS in the meantime? I've already posted it in the recent-grads thread but this is what they responded to my (RPL) question. Looks positive at the first glance but could also be the answer of someone very junior. Especially since I received the answer on a Sunday ...

This is what I asked them:

Dear Sir or Madam, I have been assessed via RPL as 2231-79 (nec) in Dec 2009. I have just learnt that the DIAC advises GSM-applicants who were assessed by the ACS with this unfortunate ASCO-code to apply for a reassessment based solely on the original documentation in order to move into a higher priority-group. Am I right, that I just have to send you the signed declaration and eMail-printout for a new RPL-application without a new "section 2-4 PASA" document? DIAC is not allowing any kind of new documents for this special case. Best regards Uli

And this is their (short) answer:

Hi,

That is right, you only need to post in the application form, fee and current identification.

Kind Regards

Skills Assessment Support Officer

assessment@acs.org.au

Further information available from: http://www.acs.org.au/assessment

Telephone: +61 (0)2 8296 4410 (Sydney office hours Monday to Friday 09.30-12.30)

Anyway, if anyone's is going to call the ACS/DIAC these days please be so kind and ask them whether this special arrangement applies to all 2231-79 applicants or only those who were eligible for the free reassessment.

Thanks a lot

Uli

Hi jstudds,

did you get a response from the ACS in the meantime? I've already posted it in the recent-grads thread but this is what they responded to my (RPL) question. Looks positive at the first glance but could also be the answer of someone very junior. Especially since I received the answer on a Sunday ...

Anyway, if anyone's is going to call the ACS/DIAC these days please be so kind and ask them whether this special arrangement applies to all 2231-79 applicants or only those who were eligible for the free reassessment.

Thanks a lot

Uli

Hi mongobear

I am sending inquiry to DIAC now hopefully get their answer soon.

Guest jstudds

Hi jstudds,

Thanks a lot

Uli

That's good news, which fee is it?

Guest jstudds

yep... also, i was going to use the online service with ACS. Which application form were you refering to. Just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes. J

Guest Mongobear

Hi jstudds,

you have to use the form for a normal Group A application and you will also have to pay the full fee again (405A$ ?!? ). Just attach a cover letter to the signed documents explaining the situation and don't forget to include a copy of your old assessment.

Cheerio

Uli

Guest jstudds
Hi jstudds,

you have to use the form for a normal Group A application and you will also have to pay the full fee again (405A$ ?!? ). Just attach a cover letter to the signed documents explaining the situation and don't forget to include a copy of your old assessment.

Cheerio

Uli

cheers, as thought

Hello, I was also assessed as 2231-79 (nec) in January 2010. I have only just lodged a SS application in which I answered no to whether I had an ACS assessment, as I was planning on getting reassessed. I am wondering if I should use my original assessment, get a new assessment only using the original docs (surely I have no control over what I get assessed as with this option?)or submit a new assessment with additional references as I have to pay the full fee anyway (and this way I get to nominate a chosen occupation, right?). My only issue is whether I can send new evidence on its own, and have it added to the documents that I sent for the original ASCO assessment.

Regards,

P.

Guest jstudds
Hello, I was also assessed as 2231-79 (nec) in January 2010. I have only just lodged a SS application in which I answered no to whether I had an ACS assessment, as I was planning on getting reassessed. I am wondering if I should use my original assessment, get a new assessment only using the original docs (surely I have no control over what I get assessed as with this option?)or submit a new assessment with additional references as I have to pay the full fee anyway (and this way I get to nominate a chosen occupation, right?). My only issue is whether I can send new evidence on its own, and have it added to the documents that I sent for the original ASCO assessment.

Regards,

P.

I wouldn't send any new docs at all. What's an SS application?

I wouldn't send any new docs at all. What's an SS application?

SS application is state sponsorship application.

@PW1

Without giving evidence of skills assessment to for SS,they wouldn't consider your application.Better inform your state about this and check what they have to say.

Here is what i got from DIAC regarding my letter to them:

"Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

As per the website, as your application currently falls under Priority Group 4, you may wish to consult with the ACS in relation to having your skills re-evaluated in order to possibly 'map' your occupation onto an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

Once you obtain your updated skills assessment, you may provide us with this document so that we may then re-confirm the priority status of that your application will take.

If your re-evaluated skills assessment matches with an occupation on the SOL, your application will be processed under Priority Group 3.

Alternatively, if you have obtained confirmation from the WA State government as to whether your application meets their State Migration Plan, this application may have the possibility to become processed under Priority 2.

Again however, you will need to check with the WA government in relation as to where you stand with your nomination.

To confirm again, your application is currently considered under Priority Group 4 and will not be processed until all Priority Groups 2 and 3 applications have been finalised.

Yours sincerely,

David E.

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship"

Looks like i have to go through the process of reassessment again

my GOD how these Aussies run their immigration program sucking every dollar out of you.

Guest jstudds

I've just done my online assessment paying by credit card, but have not received a receipt, which they say you have to include in the application. They also bang on about a 'record of application' and yet the PDF doc isn't even called that... unless i'm looking at the wrong doc! :S it's pretty bad... did you encounter the same thing?

Guest Mongobear

Hi studds,

you're right, it's pretty weird. I've just gone through the same process in September so I know what they require. Just print out the pdf from the last page of the application process and don't forget to sign it. Same for the eMail once it arrives. It sook some minutes (10) in my case but I don't know if you'll receive it right now since the ACS is not in service until January 3rd.

Good luck mate

uli

Archived