Western suburbs thread (Melbourne)

tracy123

Just thought I would look and see if there are anymore meet-ups planned in Werribee/Hoppers etc? Just moved here, have sorted kinder/schools etc and now need to find a social life for myself before I get sucked into obsessively watching 'Days of our Lives'..........HELP!

Emma

(me 31, hubby 41, daughter nearly 5)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emma got to say you made me laugh. Days of our lives not good.

There are lots of meetings we have as a group in the Point Cook area. Please send me a PM and I can let you know of some coming up if you are interested.

Just thought I would look and see if there are anymore meet-ups planned in Werribee/Hoppers etc? Just moved here, have sorted kinder/schools etc and now need to find a social life for myself before I get sucked into obsessively watching 'Days of our Lives'..........HELP!

Emma

(me 31, hubby 41, daughter nearly 5)

Hi there

dont know if this thread still running. We moved here in June of this year and are now renting in Wyndhamvale. Difficult to meet as both work and area very quiet, maybe come summer there will be more people out and about. My daughter is 8 and son 12.

Carol

Hi thought we were the only ones out here. Living in Wyndhamvale. Been here since July and like it. The kids love their schools and am hoping with better weather might actually see more kids out playing for my two. Difficult to make friends what with work etc. If this thread still on going we would def be interested in chit chat etc.

Thanks Carol

• 1 year later...

Hi we live in Truganina kids are now going to Truganina South Primary School what a night mare terrible school, Can any one suggest any other schools that may be around here or going to be built? So many parents pulling there kids out of Truganina South Primary don't know what to do?

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi we live in Truganina kids are now going to Truganina South Primary School what a night mare terrible school, Can any one suggest any other schools that may be around here or going to be built? So many parents pulling there kids out of Truganina South Primary don't know what to do?

I suppose you will struggle with zones if you move your child unless you look at one of the church schools.

Hi

I have sent you a pm.

Why is the School so bad?

Unless you move your child into a private school, you may find it difficult to move them to another state school as they are zoned over here. We were lucky that when we put our girls into Baden Powell when we did!

You may also want to joint this forum: http://www.lifeinvictoria.com/index.php

It's for anyone moving or living in Victoria, plenty of us Melbournians on their that can help.

Regards

Claire

Hello

I can see the problems are going to get worse with this school the staff are dismissive and rude towards parents the staff attitude is appalling.

The school is based on community learning all the kids in one room, which would not be a problem if the teachers taught better they speak to the children like they are stupid and teach based on fear, my child doesn't want to put his hand up even for the toilet or a drink.

The staff do not want to resolve any issue's you are told to leave the school if you are not happy.

A neighbor of mines friend is now having to home school her kids because of the issues with the school and there failure to want to help resolve any issues.

I have put a complaint in writing to the Education Department and hope they will make some changes to the school staff and attitudes. These poor kids in prep will live with the fear forever its terrible how they are spoken to.

I will look into some of the schools mentioned here today. I really don't like sending my child each day and need to move him, other schools mentioned are a little closer to me so that helps. Thank you

Archived