Western suburbs thread (Melbourne)

tracy123

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love too, but I done arrive till end of may !!

Would love to meet up when we arrive and make some new friends

Sharon xxx

Is anyone interested in meeting up at the w

erribee plaza on wednesday morning (march 9th) about 9.30/10am for a coffee and chat.

Is anyone interested in meeting up at the werribee plaza on wednesday morning (march 9th) about 9.30/10am for a coffee and chat.

Hi there would love to meet up on wednesday - will have my youngest (4 yrs old) with me as he isnt going to kinder on wednesday's but gather you may have your youngest too??

If your still up for meeting let me know and maybe we can PM mobile numbers or something in case we are running late or in my case get a bit lost lol

Look forward to meeting with you

Tracy xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wilkinson496

We live in Altona, new to the area looking for new friends to hook up with have a coffee, go to the gym have BBQs with etc, get in touch if you live nearby. From Manchester in UK Trev n Anj

• 4 weeks later...
living in caroline springs loving it sooooo far x

Hiya,

What's Caroline Springs like? Child friendly, shops within walking distance? We're moving over around August this year, my OH has been offered a job in Sunshine. He's from Melbourne and wants to relocate back to the Essendon area but I'd rather get more house for my money and stay a little further west. I keep showing him the fab new houses around Caroline Springs on the Domain website but he's said he'd rather live in a more established area (and live in a shoebox). Personally I think there's a bit of snobbery with the locals around living in the West. Let the fun begin.....................:arghh:

Guest MelbourneMan

Caroline Springs is a bit far out from everything in my opinion. Look at somewhere at little closer like Keilor, Niddrie, Aberfeldie or even in Sunshine. You could still find some affordable houses in the area that are really nice. Stay away from Essendon, although its a nice location it is way to expensive for what you will get.

Guest Cozzah
Boy or girl? My friend has 2 boys aged 17 and 20. I could put you in touch.

Well i'm a girl, but i find it easier to talk to boys. Where about are they living?

Well i'm a girl, but i find it easier to talk to boys. Where about are they living?

They live in Tarneit and moved out here with their parents around October. I know they have both found it hard to make new friends, although they are now working so I think that is making things easier. Im seeing them Tuesday. I will have a chat with them and send you my email address via pm so you can let me have your details.

• 4 weeks later...

HI Everyone

Hope you don't mind me joining. Myslef, husband and 2 year old daughter are planning on moving to Melbourne this year. I am waiiting on a job offer and it will be based in the CBD.

We will be looking to rent and keep coming back and looking at point cook due to the house size and rental costs.

I will need to use public transport to the cdb each day but I can't find anything on a train station or bus routes. Is there one?

I've also being looking at Altona as I see many of the houses are in walking distance to a train station but the houses look a bit tired in the photos. I'm so confused.

My husband will be looking for a job after we move and a place in day care for our daughter too.

I would be grateful for any advice you can give me...

We both 29 and Irish so I hope to make some friends before we move!

Guest siamsusie

Hi Angel,

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

Dont worry about your spelling, mine can be dire as well:wink:.

Wishing you so much luck with your migration plans.

Susie x

Guest The Pom Queen
HI Everyone

Hope you don't mind me joining. Myslef, husband and 2 year old daughter are planning on moving to Melbourne this year. I am waiiting on a job offer and it will be based in the CBD.

We will be looking to rent and keep coming back and looking at point cook due to the house size and rental costs.

I will need to use public transport to the cdb each day but I can't find anything on a train station or bus routes. Is there one?

I've also being looking at Altona as I see many of the houses are in walking distance to a train station but the houses look a bit tired in the photos. I'm so confused.

My husband will be looking for a job after we move and a place in day care for our daughter too.

I would be grateful for any advice you can give me...

We both 29 and Irish so I hope to make some friends before we move!

Hi Angel

Welcome to PIO, you will find Point Cook is a lovely suburb.

Depending on where abouts in Point Cook you will be living there is a 413 bus that takes you to Laverton Train Station where it's about 30mins in to Flinders Station.

Thanks everyone!

Just got a call for a second interview so its looking very hopefull so I am going to do some serious house searching today.

I've also been looking at Caroline Springs area as its also close to a train line. A back garden and close to a train are my key search criteria.

Let me know if you have any suggestions?

So excited today!

Guest drneil

Hello , we have just arrived in Melbourne and are looking to catch up with people in the Newport / Altona area.

Neil (38) , Samantha (35) , Lucas (9) , Sammy (7) , Matilda (8 months)

Neil

We are arriving in Melbourne in just over 2 weeks from Ireland.

Altona is on our list of possible suburbs to rent in . We have 3 children of similar age to your children.

10,8 and 3.

Just looking for some feedback on your early impressions of Altona.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Regards

Peadar

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fate will decide
Hi there - Ive hijacked my hubby's profile (so this is Tracy and not Geoffrey - confusing I know with the profile name lol) We are in Tarneit so we arent too far from you and have 3 children also - 10, 5 and 4, and opposite to you in that i am english and Geoff is the aussie!!

Would love to meet up and make some friends as haven't had chance yet (only been here 3 weeks and so my feet haven't quite touched the floor yet as we have been busy doing all the stuff that you need to do when you first arrive). Let us know when is good for you - send me a PM and we can try and get something arranged

Look forward to hearing from you

Tracy x

Hello,

I hope you dont mind me jumping in on your post, just saw you were living in Tarneit, we have been looking at the Point Cook area and wondered if you commuted into the CBD? We are a family with young children, like yourself, and just wondered what you thought of it? We have just been granted Vic SS, and depending on if/when our 176 was granted, we wanted to move in December time!

Guest spongy42

Anyone for Derrimut???

We looked at point cook and hoppers crossing but as my oh works in west sunshine his Aussie work colleague lives in point cook and car travel to sunshine for her is 40 mins she said 10 yrs ago same journey was 20 mins but there's a traffic bottle neck most days

Oh car journey is 10-15 min max to work and to get to sunshine station is about 15mins from our house by car Easy for trips into CBd and it's zone 1 too

Hi I lived in Tarneit for 15 months and absolutely hated it! So much that I ended up going home for a while! Basically it is a huge housing estate and thats it! Maybe some of the older bits are better but I lived on a new estate called the Reserve and if you dont have 2 cars then you might as well live in the outback. There wasnt even a pavement down the main road that you could walk down - you could walk yourself but there was no way I would risk pushing a pram down it. You could walk through another estate to some shops but going to coles everyday gets a bit boring! People will tell you there are play areas but all they really are is an area of bark with a bit of climbing frame not much good for a 1 year old. There was no public transport in the estate either. Maybe it will get better in time but I definately would not stay in a brand new estate again.

Guest DanSonya

Hi everyone Sonya and myself are moving to victoria in November in a dilema where to move to at the moment looked at loads of areas both sides of melbourne possibly want to be by the coast with reasonable house prices and good employment I am an electrician and Sonya is a care worker with aurtistic aduilts both willing to do anything to make it work,

Sub-class176,vetassessjuly09,visa granted jan2011 (took a while)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Michelle2

Hi Tracy & everyone,

Great idea on this post Tracy.

My family lives in Seabrook, just down the road from Point Cook. We are moving down the road to Wyndham Vale in a few months.

I am in my 30's with a 4 yr old little girl. Lived in Sydney for 10 months, then back to UK for 3 yrs and then Melbourne since 2004.

I am a stay at home Mum, who goes a little crazy sometimes LOL (would like a job, but not possible with the hours my OH works). Enjoy catching up with other girls/ladies for tea, coffee, chat, play dates, movies, fun days & nights out whenever possible.

Francine (1/2 Irish & 1/2 Manchester lass), Jonny (New Zealand) Audrey 4 yrs (Aussie girl).

hi,cannot find where you replied to my message so thought i would put it on here.we are meeting up this morning.i will try and private message you.

Sue

Hi Tracy & everyone,

Great idea on this post Tracy.

My family lives in Seabrook, just down the road from Point Cook. We are moving down the road to Wyndham Vale in a few months.

I am in my 30's with a 4 yr old little girl. Lived in Sydney for 10 months, then back to UK for 3 yrs and then Melbourne since 2004.

I am a stay at home Mum, who goes a little crazy sometimes LOL (would like a job, but not possible with the hours my OH works). Enjoy catching up with other girls/ladies for tea, coffee, chat, play dates, movies, fun days & nights out whenever possible.

Francine (1/2 Irish & 1/2 Manchester lass), Jonny (New Zealand) Audrey 4 yrs (Aussie girl).

Guest nicknack

Don't know if this thread is still on....but we moved to Point Cook 3 months ago with our 4 boys aged 10, 8, 7 and 5. Would love to meet up for a drink or whatever. Liking Point Cook a little bit more every day good facilities and close to the city. x