457 lodged today!!! Eeek!!

mj&db

Just got an email from my new employer saying my 457 was lodged today!!! Just logged on to the immi website to track it and there we are.....aaaaaahhhh......feels super real now! Excited and cr**pin myself all at the same time!

They think it will take a max of 8wks but hopefully it'll be less as they want me to start work 28th Feb and that won't give me much time to book a flight for us and dogs!

I'll keep u all updated!

Danielle xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hows the organized chaos at the moment :arghh: getting ready for the big move.

Been nearly 2 weeks since the application was sent off, but obviously the xmas break in between, but who knows, you might still get an answer later this week or early next week.

Good luck with all the planning and with your new adventure.

Well it got approved on Christmas Eve - so 10 days in total! Only checked yesterday though!

Means I can actually start doing things now at last!

Flights booked straight away! (leave on Sat 19th Feb at 11am and arrive Sun 20th Feb at 8pm). Desperate to get the dogs booked on a flight but the firm I am using are not open again until the New Year!

So starting to do the mass clear out instead!! Currently got 7x bin bags for dump and charity shops! Haven't even started in the loft or garage yet!! And we won't even talk about my husbands c**p! He can sort that!

Ooooooooohhhhh it's really happening!

aww and you're coming from my old stomping ground of brighton too! I do miss it there! Good luck with teh clear out though. I managed to get my life down to two suitcases and a box of books. And the box and one suitcase are in my dads loft. Though that suitcase is also books lol. It's amazing what you can chuck out when you really don't need it.