Boat Sinks at Christmas Island

Guest guest30085

Guest guest37336
Very sad news. There are reports that children have died

Asylum Seekers Killed as Boat Capsizes Off Australian Coast - Bloomberg

Saw it on the news Gill. No matter the opinions of asylum seekers they didn't deserve this. Truly horrific I would imagine. There always seems to be death and destruction on a big scale around Christmas as well, or rather it 'seems' that way.

Cheers Tony.

Guest famousfive

Watched it on the news.So many people.So close to starting a new life too.Very,very sad.And their families back home may be waiting a long time to hear the news too.

Guest guest30038

TBH, I was gonna take time out from the trivial, petty little point scoring that seems to have become a feature of PIO.......................2.0. 2.2. 1.9. $4 lemons, being single and can't find friends, (that somehow interprets [iMHO] that all us with partners are bastards for leaving singles out in the cold) that aussies are thick (blame the inadequate education system here) racists (blame the rural defense league and their "true blue" qualities) with no culture, and energy prices that equate to UK energy prices (irrespective of the fact that we require no heating in Qld), and a cost of living that's out of control, in a country that has yet to experience the global economic downturn, with houses made of paper, that ain't worth jack shlt and are gonna depreciate at the rate of Eire's housing, and all those flippant comments..........purportedly classed as humour, but a recognition of what has been posted previously, by the "humorous" poster, would have anyone with an iota of common sense seeing it as it really is, and that those who come by boat from a country torn apart by war and deprivation should be in a queue the same as those who are just pissed off with the UK weather..........................................................get fecking real people.............these are families that have experienced the like of what you will never experience..........and the same old same old, will harp on about "economic migrants", racism in Australia, the fact that sausages in Oz are crap..........and all that makes your lives in Oz or UK miserable.........such as $4 lemons and shltty Uk summers.

MISERABLE? The survivors of this ill-fated journey could show you what miserable really means...........trauma?................the Australian citizens who risked their lives to rescue these poor buggers can surely show you what your purported racism is all about and have the trauma to prove it! Their helplessness as they did their best to rescue those who some on here would decry as either terrorists or economic migrants. People don't risk their lives for nothing..............they know the dangers and they don't take the risks without careful consideration............or am I to believe that they are all stupid?...............but no? wait a minute? because they're Tamils they must be terrorists? Because they can pay for the trip, they must be criminals..............no mention of work and sexual slavery to pay for the trip?

They came from Iran and Iraq..........you deny them escape from that? You feel that they got what they deserved and let this be a deterrent? I pity you................I post becase news of this came at 4.30 and little response? What's the matter you anti-immigration (boat people) posters, who have had plenty to say in the past (albeit on the migration issues forum 'cause you're only interested in getting here with little interest in those who choose a more difficult route than you........perhaps because they don't have the opportunities that are presented to you)..........cat got your tongue? In Iran the "cat" would undoubtedly have ripped your back raw.

Shame on those who tar all boat people with the same brush and I'm simply amazed that some Sri Lankan members can categorise all Tamils as terroristsa, and no doubt, judging by previous comments from the Sri lankan members, that if this boat had been carrying Tamils, they would be jumping for joy.

Folk who spend a lot of time in chewing the fat and posting about the UK's immigration problems, need to see what has been said in the immigration forum to see what real racism is about.

kev

TBH, I was gonna take time out from the trivial, petty little point scoring that seems to have become a feature of PIO.......................2.0. 2.2. 1.9. $4 lemons, being single and can't find friends, (that somehow interprets [iMHO] that all us with partners are bastards for leaving singles out in the cold) that aussies are thick (blame the inadequate education system here) racists (blame the rural defense league and their "true blue" qualities) with no culture, and energy prices that equate to UK energy prices (irrespective of the fact that we require no heating in Qld), and a cost of living that's out of control, in a country that has yet to experience the global economic downturn, with houses made of paper, that ain't worth jack shlt and are gonna depreciate at the rate of Eire's housing, and all those flippant comments..........purportedly classed as humour, but a recognition of what has been posted previously, by the "humorous" poster, would have anyone with an iota of common sense seeing it as it really is, and that those who come by boat from a country torn apart by war and deprivation should be in a queue the same as those who are just pissed off with the UK weather..........................................................get fecking real people.............these are families that have experienced the like of what you will never experience..........and the same old same old, will harp on about "economic migrants", racism in Australia, the fact that sausages in Oz are crap..........and all that makes your lives in Oz or UK miserable.........such as $4 lemons and shltty Uk summers.

MISERABLE? The survivors of this ill-fated journey could show you what miserable really means...........trauma?................the Australian citizens who risked their lives to rescue these poor buggers can surely show you what your purported racism is all about and have the trauma to prove it! Their helplessness as they did their best to rescue those who some on here would decry as either terrorists or economic migrants. People don't risk their lives for nothing..............they know the dangers and they don't take the risks without careful consideration............or am I to believe that they are all stupid?...............but no? wait a minute? because they're Tamils they must be terrorists? Because they can pay for the trip, they must be criminals..............no mention of work and sexual slavery to pay for the trip?

They came from Iran and Iraq..........you deny them escape from that? You feel that they got what they deserved and let this be a deterrent? I pity you................I post becase news of this came at 4.30 and little response? What's the matter you anti-immigration (boat people) posters, who have had plenty to say in the past (albeit on the migration issues forum 'cause you're only interested in getting here with little interest in those who choose a more difficult route than you........perhaps because they don't have the opportunities that are presented to you)..........cat got your tongue? In Iran the "cat" would undoubtedly have ripped your back raw.

Shame on those who tar all boat people with the same brush and I'm simply amazed that those Sri Lankan members can categorise all Tamils as terrorits and no doubt, judging by previous comments from the Sri lankan members, that if this boat had been carrying Tamils, they would be jumping for joy.

Folk who spend a lot of time in chewing the fat and posting about the UK's immigration problems, need to see what has been said in the immigration forum to see what real racism is about.

kev

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Laney xxxx

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Kev mate

Its awful what has happened to these poor people, but they must have travelled a long way to get to christmas island and the risks are enormous, which just shows how desperate these poor souls are.

In a fair and moral world, mega-rich people wouldn't have all the money they have and it would be distributed amongst everyone, so poor people could live a better life in the country they live in as long as they were free from tyranny.............. there is evil in these poor deprived countries and sadly this will happen time and time again.

...that aussies are thick (blame the inadequate education system here) racists (blame the rural defense league and their "true blue" qualities) with no culture, and energy prices that equate to UK energy prices (irrespective of the fact that we require no heating in Qld), and a cost of living that's out of control, in a country that has yet to experience the global economic downturn, with houses made of paper, that ain't worth jack shlt and are gonna depreciate at the rate of Eire's housing, and all those flippant comments...

Hi Kev,

Not sure who exactly you are referring to on PIO who keep complaining about the abovementioned; seems like there are a few? But whoever they are, I'd say to them "WHY DON'T YOU GO SOMEWHERE ELSE?" To come to someone else's home and start complaining and whinging and try to change how they want to live is a big no no.

Shame on those who tar all boat people with the same brush and I'm simply amazed that some Sri Lankan members can categorise all Tamils as terroristsa, and no doubt, judging by previous comments from the Sri lankan members, that if this boat had been carrying Tamils, they would be jumping for joy.

kev

Well said, Kev, agree with all your post.

I've read some threads in the migration forum, and the hard done by attitude of some of the members is a joke.

Self obsessed, "I want it, so, I should have it". And "why on earth are there rules - I shouldn't be bound by them"............ (can't say anymore!!!!):realmad:

Guest siamsusie
Well said, Kev, agree with all your post.

I've read some threads in the migration forum, and the hard done by attitude of some of the members is a joke.

Self obsessed, "I want it, so, I should have it". And "why on earth are there rules - I shouldn't be bound by them"............ (can't say anymore!!!!):realmad:

:notworthy::notworthy: My sentiments entirely Sue x

Guest siamsusie
Last night's news stated that the Australian police are on hunting for the people smuggler.

ABC News - Top Stories - Breaking news from Australia and the world

Hope they catch the mongrels!

Cheers, Bobj.

They actually have the identification of the person they are seeking with no names being released as yet.

We mustnt also forget the trauma of the Australian Christmas Islanders who did help under impossible conditions and are left traumatised! It must have been horrendous to have seen! Susie x

Archived