WA SMP - Has anyone been appointed a CO yet?

Guest Sue1203

Guest theweirs
Hi,

What is his timeline? Is he onshore or offshore?

Thanks,

Hey Rash

Its an onshore application, applied June 09.

Jo x

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

As many of you know, I am sitting in WA waiting for my visa grant whilst on holiday. There has been news reports of the WA government growing increasingly impatient with the speed of the processing of visa's and the assignment of case officers. As far as I m lead to believe, WA were told that they would get their migrants that they so critically need. It seems that they are now exerting pressure on the federal government to push through the visa's more quickly.

I have also been talking to a senior manager from a mining company who told me that WA needs 50,000 people per project as we speak. They are well short of that number and are not even attracting inter state workers anymore. The mining companies as you all know, have to pay a tax to the government. This is reputed to be worth billions to the Australian economy, but this figure cannot be reached until they have the workforce in place. Some of the mining companies are planning to lobby the Federal government to also get the workforce they desire.

I knew the work force issue was critical before I got here, but after talking to a lot of important people out here, I think that companies futures are now dependant on DIAC and the Federal government getting down to some very hard work over the next few months to ensure that WA gets what it wants. A few business people I know have also commented on how WA and QLD basically make Australia tick and with QLD in a right state at the moment and WA not being able to get the workers it needs, I can see Julia ending up in a bit of a sticky wicket.

This all seems to be doom and gloom for some people, but I think that it is a great opportunity for us migrants waiting in the wings. The bottom line is now that Australian Government has the QLD crisis and also WA breathing down their necks about a workforce shortage, I think that most of us waiting patiently may get a surprise announcement over the next week or so.

John

Guest rachbarlow
Hi all,

As many of you know, I am sitting in WA waiting for my visa grant whilst on holiday. There has been news reports of the WA government growing increasingly impatient with the speed of the processing of visa's and the assignment of case officers. As far as I m lead to believe, WA were told that they would get their migrants that they so critically need. It seems that they are now exerting pressure on the federal government to push through the visa's more quickly.

I have also been talking to a senior manager from a mining company who told me that WA needs 50,000 people per project as we speak. They are well short of that number and are not even attracting inter state workers anymore. The mining companies as you all know, have to pay a tax to the government. This is reputed to be worth billions to the Australian economy, but this figure cannot be reached until they have the workforce in place. Some of the mining companies are planning to lobby the Federal government to also get the workforce they desire.

I knew the work force issue was critical before I got here, but after talking to a lot of important people out here, I think that companies futures are now dependant on DIAC and the Federal government getting down to some very hard work over the next few months to ensure that WA gets what it wants. A few business people I know have also commented on how WA and QLD basically make Australia tick and with QLD in a right state at the moment and WA not being able to get the workers it needs, I can see Julia ending up in a bit of a sticky wicket.

This all seems to be doom and gloom for some people, but I think that it is a great opportunity for us migrants waiting in the wings. The bottom line is now that Australian Government has the QLD crisis and also WA breathing down their necks about a workforce shortage, I think that most of us waiting patiently may get a surprise announcement over the next week or so.

John

Hi John I hope that all is going well and from the sounds of things they are! This is what is pathetic! I have had an e-mail confirming I am now in Cat 4 despite being on the june list, and having SS, and being on nearly every other dam SMP out there! My contact at WA as always was helpful, and I returned an e-mail saying how dissapointed and annoyed we were with WA, and feel greatly let down! The whole system is a complete farse! (FROM MY VIEW!!)

I know for sure the cat 4 applicants don't stand a cat in hells chance of getting processed with there always being other's in the 3 in front. The sadness about this is that us people who are being messed around so much are the ones wanting to work, contribute and make the country achieve what it wants. They are highly short of skilled people and don't seem to be doing much about it!

Like I have said all along if Australia are not careful they are going to have some serious problems on their hands where poeple WON'T want to go. I feel this is already happening because of the complicated and forever changing process. There are people pulling out, looking elsewhere or not even entertaining oz. It seems the application figures have already declined. In the long term they will stop booming and won't achieve the money stats that they desire, and then they will NEVER fill the jobs!

Something has to be done, and quickly. The DIAC can change the rules overnight and shaft thousands of people, so they can sort this out before it turns into a complete mess and give the states what they need!

Just turned a WA SMP applicant Pink who got a CO on 5/1/2011!!

Name: Timmyf

Date of Visa application:November 2009

Nationality: South African

Trade/profession: Bricklayer

Visa type:175/176 WA

offhore/onshore: Offshore

Post-14th July Category: Cat 3

Medicals submitted: no

Police check submitted: no

WA SS applied : 9 Jan 2010

WA SS aprooved : 14 June 2010

Date CO assigned: 5 January 2010

Date of employment verification: Not Yet

Date visa granted: Not Yet

Come and join Category 2 - Where are you now? thread if you are Category 2.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98525-category-2s-where-you-now.html

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Guest dragsterwish

Hey! I've been assigned a CO too! Team 6!!! I've over the moon now! Didn't expect it to be that fast!:jiggy:

Turn me ??? (so happy that i forget the colour!! Pink or purple!??!)

Here's our timeline for your reference

Name: Dragsterwish

Date of Visa application:20 Feb 2010

Nationality: Singaporean

Trade/profession: Architectural Associate

Visa type:176 WA SMP

offhore/onshore: Offshore

Post-14th July Category: Cat 4

Medicals submitted: going to very soon!!

Police check submitted: going to very soon!!

WA SS applied : 13 Aug 2009

WA SS aprooved : 11 Feb 2010

Date CO assigned: 10 January 2011

Date of employment verification: Not Yet

Date visa granted: Not Yet

I think DIAC is on a roll! So many of us getting CO today!!

Cheers!

Guest dragsterwish
One thing I'm sure now : They are clearing previous cat 3 applicants (who are cat 2 now).

Houciaus! I'm thrilled getting a CO! Your timeline is very close to mine & i'm sure your CO will be contacting you VERY SOON!!

Btw, i'm not previous Cat. 3 applicant. I'm an ex-Cat. 4 applicant. Thanks to SMP for pushing me to Cat. 2 and getting our CO now! Cheers!

Lucky You 2.

Congrats.

Houciaus! I'm thrilled getting a CO! Your timeline is very close to mine & i'm sure your CO will be contacting you VERY SOON!!

Btw, i'm not previous Cat. 3 applicant. I'm an ex-Cat. 4 applicant. Thanks to SMP for pushing me to Cat. 2 and getting our CO now! Cheers!

Guest dragsterwish
Hi Dragsterwish,

With u having applied on Feb10, Apr10 shouldn't be far behind.

Great!

Yeah, i'm sure they are racing ahead with CO allocation! In their GSM email update, they mentioned that they are still allocating COs for application in 12 Nov 2008. That's why i'm totally surprised and flabbergasted to receive an email from our Case Officer!

At this rate, i think all the Cat. 2 should be getting their COs shortly.

Cheers!:biggrin:

Guest dragsterwish
I applied close to you....So fingers crossed for allof us...........

Hi tabatha, DIAC seems to be allocating COs very fast. I'm sure you don't have to wait long for yours! :wink:

Think I might have to give them a call today - our 176 application date (with WA SS) was October 2009, but no news of a CO today. If they're doing them in date order, I'd have hoped to heard if folk from several months later are now getting CO's. Hopefully just an admin error we can get them to sort.

Guest tabatha

Think I might have to give them a call today - our 176 application date (with WA SS) was October 2009, but no news of a CO today. If they're doing them in date order, I'd have hoped to heard if folk from several months later are now getting CO's. Hopefully just an admin error we can get them to sort.
Keep us posted on there reply.. I applied oct 09.......Could do with some news to brighten the week.....

Hi Dragster!

I'm so pleased for you.....Many congrats :jiggy: ...Hope my co is in the way

The visa is knocking your door :biggrin::biggrin:

:hug:

Guest dragsterwish

Hi hotphil, i must say i'm really puzzled why Horti & I have received COs earlier than those Cat.2 applicants who have applied much earlier than me (e.g. 2009 applicants) like yourself. Admin error aside, it would seem that DIAC is processing based on criteria more than just lodgement date & i'm not sure if its true or what the additional criteria are. That seems to be the only logical explanation to this situation now. Whatever the case may be, i do hope you and those applicants lodged earlier get their desired COs soon.

well, i just hope that is the case. that all cat 2's will have the CO assigned and get their visas soon.

Yeah, i'm sure they are racing ahead with CO allocation! In their GSM email update, they mentioned that they are still allocating COs for application in 12 Nov 2008. That's why i'm totally surprised and flabbergasted to receive an email from our Case Officer!

At this rate, i think all the Cat. 2 should be getting their COs shortly.

Cheers!:biggrin:

well, i just hope that is the case. that all cat 2's will have the CO assigned and get their visas soon.

I hope so too. We have seen people who applied much later than us getting case officers today. Well done to you guys but DIAC, where is OUR case officer.

175 applied 15/5/2009

WA SS applied 11/8/09

WA SS received 7/2/2010

Cat 2 ( was Cat 4 )

Occupation Cook

HR/LR LR

CO ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hopefully this week

John

Archived