So whos moving to Perth? Lets all chat

Guest jmorris

Hi Sharon, we are also moving to Perth at the end of Feb and are flying with Singapore airlines. Our shippers are Rose and Crown.

We are alison, Barry, Nathan(11), Joshua (3) and Amelia (3 months). I see you have a son who is 11, do you know what school he is going to yet?

Alison

Hi Alison

We are not sure which school yet, we have emailed a few but they wont accept you until you are in the catchment area. We are hoping to settle NOR, how about yourself? What date do you fly?

6 weeks on Saturday :arghh:

Sharon x

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jmorris
Hi Sharon, we are also moving to Perth at the end of Feb and are flying with Singapore airlines. Our shippers are Rose and Crown.

We are alison, Barry, Nathan(11), Joshua (3) and Amelia (3 months). I see you have a son who is 11, do you know what school he is going to yet?

Alison

Hi there

Very exciting bet you ca t wait. Where over in sep, not got any shipping prices yet. Think were just going to bring 10-15. Boxes over and buy second hand in Perth. What prices were you given if you don't mind me asking?

Jx

Guest linzibelles

Hi all We live in the Oldham area just seeing who is moving over to Perth this year and would anyone like to meet up before we go

Guest Midlanders

We are off to Perth NOR once we finally get out visa. After meeting several PIO's who are/have moved already and in weekly contact with, it's a big plus to have some friends who will not be to far away.

Its also a big plus has having somewhere to stay once we get there and especially as we have no children who will be coming with us so it would of taken sometime to build a new network of friends, so its really quite releaving to already have a social seen we can walk straight into.

Just gotta get out of here now and hope Kangaroo Bruce picks up us from the airport.... pmsl.....

Guest scubabud

Hi all

great thread, we're in Liverpool hopefully heading to Perth Sept 2011 wud be interested in a meet up in the North West area also before we go.

Hi all,

We're moving out to the Rockingham area in August 2011.

My husband Steve is joining the Aussie Navy (submarines). We're all very excited and have lots still to do. Our children are nearly 13, 11 and 3; they are all up for the adventure and we're very proud that they are trusting us and willing to give it a go.

Steve worked and travelled around Australia in the late 90's and has always yearned to go back someday. Myself and the children have never been but I have always felt a pull to go there and from all that I read I'm hoping it'll be just my cup of tea.

Our friends (also joining RAN) fly out tomorrow, so we will be very lucky to have familiar faces to greet us on arrival.

Paperwork for visa (including our police checks) all ready to post (once we get the Labour agreement through, been told will be with us in a matter of days!), we've done our medicals and they are waiting in Sydney to be married up to our visa paperwork.

My Mum and Dad have been devastated at the thought of us and their idolised grandchildren all moving so far away but bless them they're coming round to the idea now and I think all will be good by the time we go. Steve's parents have been great about it and can't wait for us to go so they can come and stay! Both sets of our parents have promised they will be visiting regularly :smile:

We'll be staying in temp. accomodation in Rockingham when we arrive and will have a few days to secure a rental, not sure where that'll be 'til we get there, although we will have to start looking into schools soon and maybe when we have picked out a good school, that will determine the area we might live.

I am a hairdresser (had my own salon for years) but won't be working when we first get there, not until the children and us are settled in at least.

Will be lovely to meet up with other PIOers and compare tips.

All the best for everyone going out there - see you on the other side :jiggy:

Liz x

Hi all,

We're moving out to the Rockingham area in August 2011.

My husband Steve is joining the Aussie Navy (submarines). We're all very excited and have lots still to do. Our children are nearly 13, 11 and 3; they are all up for the adventure and we're very proud that they are trusting us and willing to give it a go.

Steve worked and travelled around Australia in the late 90's and has always yearned to go back someday. Myself and the children have never been but I have always felt a pull to go there and from all that I read I'm hoping it'll be just my cup of tea.

Our friends (also joining RAN) fly out tomorrow, so we will be very lucky to have familiar faces to greet us on arrival.

Paperwork for visa (including our police checks) all ready to post (once we get the Labour agreement through, been told will be with us in a matter of days!), we've done our medicals and they are waiting in Sydney to be married up to our visa paperwork.

My Mum and Dad have been devastated at the thought of us and their idolised grandchildren all moving so far away but bless them they're coming round to the idea now and I think all will be good by the time we go. Steve's parents have been great about it and can't wait for us to go so they can come and stay! Both sets of our parents have promised they will be visiting regularly :smile:

We'll be staying in temp. accomodation in Rockingham when we arrive and will have a few days to secure a rental, not sure where that'll be 'til we get there, although we will have to start looking into schools soon and maybe when we have picked out a good school, that will determine the area we might live.

I am a hairdresser (had my own salon for years) but won't be working when we first get there, not until the children and us are settled in at least.

Will be lovely to meet up with other PIOers and compare tips.

All the best for everyone going out there - see you on the other side :jiggy:

Liz x

Give us a shout when you get here Liz ! Is that Ellasdaddy flying out tomorrow? I was just thinking about her the other day and wondering how she was getting on!

Give us a shout when you get here Liz ! Is that Ellasdaddy flying out tomorrow? I was just thinking about her the other day and wondering how she was getting on!

Hi there,

Yes it's Carolann, Steve and kids (ellasdaddy). They fly to Hong Kong tomorrow for a 2 night stop-over and in arrive Perth on Monday. Us girls had a takeaway/drinks night to see her off and now I have to wait 7 months til I see my friend again - missing her already. They were all so excited to be going, I really hope they love it. My husband Steve has told Carolann that even if it's awful, she is only to tell me good things! lol

With them leaving our move to Oz has become very real the past few days! Also now we're into 2011 there is the fact that we are coming out this year!!

I will definately be in touch when we get there (and before), would be lovely to meet up :jiggy:

Liz x

Guest Nando65
Hello All

I will be flying out to Perth in 3 weeks! O/H not coming out until 7 weeks after me so would love to meet up with folks!

Emma

:hug:

Hey Emma

Not long now, where are you going to base yourself? Will definitely PM you our email address, be sure to keep in touch and so look forward to meeting up!!!

Hugs

Jane and Nando (Nando65) :biggrin:

Hey Emma

Not long now, where are you going to base yourself? Will definitely PM you our email address, be sure to keep in touch and so look forward to meeting up!!!

Hugs

Hey guys - Jane, Nando, Emma and all the others reading this.

Sorry I've been rubbish at keeping in contact recently. Was kinda waiting for a couple more others to get out here before arranging a big get together. Maybe when Emma gets here in Feb, we could organise something.

I still have the list of email addresses of those interested in meeting up, so i'll send a group email today to determine who is actually here already and who would like to do a group meetup - maybe a picnic / bbq by the river one weekend?

PM me if you want me to add you to the list - let me know your (real) names and the date you're due out here. I'm keen to arrange some regular meetups for the 30 somethings, esp those who've come out on partner visas. Although of course any age is welcome - children too !

For those of you not here yet, it's hot hot hot at the moment. 'Normal' temperatures these days are 32-38 degrees. I'm still loving the heat but a lot of our aussie friends just want to stay inside in the aircon! Can you believe I've only been to the beach once since I got here in Nov? So it'd be nice to meet up with some English folk who want to be out in the sun for a bit. :biggrin:

Bye for now,

Jo

Guest Nando65
Hey guys - Jane, Nando, Emma and all the others reading this.

Sorry I've been rubbish at keeping in contact recently. Was kinda waiting for a couple more others to get out here before arranging a big get together. Maybe when Emma gets here in Feb, we could organise something.

I still have the list of email addresses of those interested in meeting up, so i'll send a group email today to determine who is actually here already and who would like to do a group meetup - maybe a picnic / bbq by the river one weekend?

PM me if you want me to add you to the list - let me know your (real) names and the date you're due out here. I'm keen to arrange some regular meetups for the 30 somethings, esp those who've come out on partner visas. Although of course any age is welcome - children too !

For those of you not here yet, it's hot hot hot at the moment. 'Normal' temperatures these days are 32-38 degrees. I'm still loving the heat but a lot of our aussie friends just want to stay inside in the aircon! Can you believe I've only been to the beach once since I got here in Nov? So it'd be nice to meet up with some English folk who want to be out in the sun for a bit. :biggrin:

Bye for now,

Jo

Hi Jo

Be sure to add us to the list for a Feb meet, that would be fab, be careful of that sun, I did 1 sesssion last week, now having to sit indoors, with major blisters!!!

Look forward to hearing from you re: meeting up, will be great! I am sure you have our email on the list so look forward to hearing from you!!!

Take care

Nando65 (Nando and Jane) X

Hey Emma

Hugs

Hey!

Only 22 days!! I can't wait to get back to the sunshine!

I will be based in Cottesloe, where are u guys?

Looking forward to meeting up, I'll PM you my email.

Emma

X

Guest Jessie Burke

Hi there,

I have just moved to Perth 2 weeks ago. I too was a secondary school teacher in the Uk and my hubby is also in recruitment. We have a 3 year old boy. So lot's in common. My god it is scarey and has broke my heart to leave my job, however settling in well and enjoying the weather. Where are you planing to live? Keep me updated and perhaps meet up when you get out here.

Jess

Guest jmorris
Hi there,

I have just moved to Perth 2 weeks ago. I too was a secondary school teacher in the Uk and my hubby is also in recruitment. We have a 3 year old boy. So lot's in common. My god it is scarey and has broke my heart to leave my job, however settling in well and enjoying the weather. Where are you planing to live? Keep me updated and perhaps meet up when you get out here.

Jess

Hi Jess

Excellent would be great to meet up. I see you were in Norwich, we live in Thetford how strange. Which school did you teach at? What subject do you teach?

So many questions to ask:

How is your huspand finding it getting a job, did he apply before you left?

Have you registered yet to teach? I sent my paperwork off a few weeks ago so hopefully I can get some supply work straight away.

Where in Perth are you staying? We are over in April staying with friends to activate our visa, they live in the city centre. Would be good to meet up then for BBQ maybe?

We can not wait for our reccie, but nervous about flying with the boys (6 and 2), well it will be an experience lol.

Jay xx

Guest Jessie Burke

Hi there,

How strange, you are in Norfolk too. I was at Thorpe St Andrew for 4 years then been HOD at Reepham High School and College. My main subject is GCSE and A levle Health and Social Care, Sociology and PSHE. However, i am struggling to gain work. My subjects do not easily fit into the curriculum. I have not yet registered with WACOT yet as all my docs are being shipped. However will register then perhaps approach som schools for some observational / work shadowing to get the hang of Aussie schools. Simon had a job to go to as we are on the 457 visa so that was handy. We are in Connolly to start with then off Hillarys. Who does your hubby work for? Yes would love to meet up. My face book is Jessie Burke so request me and you can see our photos so far if you like. Honestly the flight is fine. My son is only 3 and did not shed one tear in any of the journey. Just pack som Pjs and say it is night time now!

What is your name so i know who you are?

Jess X

Hi Jess

Excellent would be great to meet up. I see you were in Norwich, we live in Thetford how strange. Which school did you teach at? What subject do you teach?

So many questions to ask:

How is your huspand finding it getting a job, did he apply before you left?

Have you registered yet to teach? I sent my paperwork off a few weeks ago so hopefully I can get some supply work straight away.

Where in Perth are you staying? We are over in April staying with friends to activate our visa, they live in the city centre. Would be good to meet up then for BBQ maybe?

We can not wait for our reccie, but nervous about flying with the boys (6 and 2), well it will be an experience lol.

Jay xx

Guest jmorris

Wow so many people moving over this year. It feels good to say were moving out this year. We would like to meet up with PIOs before we go but it looks like alot of yous live miles away, we live in Norfolk. If your over this way let me know.

Cant believe how popular this thread is getting, thanks eveyone. It gives me something to focus on while we wait for the BIG move.

Jay

XXX

Guest jmorris
Hi there,

How strange, you are in Norfolk too. I was at Thorpe St Andrew for 4 years then been HOD at Reepham High School and College. My main subject is GCSE and A levle Health and Social Care, Sociology and PSHE. However, i am struggling to gain work. My subjects do not easily fit into the curriculum. I have not yet registered with WACOT yet as all my docs are being shipped. However will register then perhaps approach som schools for some observational / work shadowing to get the hang of Aussie schools. Simon had a job to go to as we are on the 457 visa so that was handy. We are in Connolly to start with then off Hillarys. Who does your hubby work for? Yes would love to meet up. My face book is Jessie Burke so request me and you can see our photos so far if you like. Honestly the flight is fine. My son is only 3 and did not shed one tear in any of the journey. Just pack som Pjs and say it is night time now!

What is your name so i know who you are?

Jess X

Hi there

Just looked on face book there are loads of you lol. Im jay morris fowler, might be easier.

My huspand works for a small company at the moment but has worked for Hayes in the passed. He is in construction recruitment, 10 years experience. Iv looked on seek website there seems to be many recruitment positions, so hopefully he will find a good job.

Hilarys looks great, good luck with that.

Jay x

Guest Jessie Burke

Hi Jay,

I have just spoken to my husband and he is head of recruitment firm in WA (CBD) and is looking for experienced consultants. His name is Simon Burke and would happily meet with your hubby to give him an interview / cofffee chat. Keep in touch and let mw know your thoughts.

Jess

Hi there

Just looked on face book there are loads of you lol. Im jay morris fowler, might be easier.

My huspand works for a small company at the moment but has worked for Hayes in the passed. He is in construction recruitment, 10 years experience. Iv looked on seek website there seems to be many recruitment positions, so hopefully he will find a good job.

Hilarys looks great, good luck with that.

Jay x

I have just spoken to my husband and he is head of recruitment firm in WA (CBD) and is looking for experienced consultants.

In what industry?

I think we'll be a month late for a Feb meetup. But that's cool, we'll prob jump in on the next one.

Kings Park is always a nice place to meet people. Plenty of parking, good views, fairly central and Franser's Resturant is awesome.

Guest jmorris
Hi Jay,

I have just spoken to my husband and he is head of recruitment firm in WA (CBD) and is looking for experienced consultants. His name is Simon Burke and would happily meet with your hubby to give him an interview / cofffee chat. Keep in touch and let mw know your thoughts.

Jess

Just sent u a PM

Jay

In what industry?

I think we'll be a month late for a Feb meetup. But that's cool, we'll prob jump in on the next one.

Kings Park is always a nice place to meet people. Plenty of parking, good views, fairly central and Franser's Resturant is awesome.

Hey Bibbs. Don't worry - I wil def include you in a meet up once you arrive. I'm looking forward to meeting you both. It's not every day you find someone online who is doing the partner visa thing and is moving from and to the same towns that we have done (we were in Reading, UK and are now staying in Kardinya....which is almost Bibra Lake!)

I agree Kings Park is a great place for a picnic, esp at sunset. I also love Matilda Bay and South Perth Foreshore - both have loads of open spaces (to kick a ball, throw a frisbee etc), are on the river and have BBQs. I've not yet experienced the 'get a group together and have a bbq on the foreshore' since I've been here, but have cycled past these areas early evening and been very envious of the people meeting up there. So I'll def be arranging one for us !

Isn't the aussie outdoor lifestyle great? :jiggy:

For a mid morning get down to "Point Peron", it's not too far down the coast, but it's quieter than the other beaches. It's quite calm usually, and good for snorkling etc.

Also a BBQ on the south side of the river is awesome, with teh view of the city and the river. Had a brekkie BBQ & beers before the cricket last year.

Also the SouthBank pub in Freo is good to watch the world go by.

(can you tell I can't wait to get out there?!)

Where in Reading were you from? I lived in Tilehurst for a few years (just opposite the station) and then to Early (just opposite the station). I still work there, near the Kennet Island estate.

Used to drive through Kardinya pretty much every day on our way to the freeway.

Archived