multiple lease applications and rental applications habits/hints

Guest aussie06

Guest aussie06

hello,

can we do multiple lease applications in parallel or does the application form filled is a comittment (i.e. we can not say no, or have to pay something if we decline)?

Does generally people pay reservation fees?

how long do landlords answer back to the applications (generally speaking)?

any hint for application would also be welcome ;-)

thanks a lot :wubclub:

you can apply for as many places as you want at the same time.

If you get offered 2 or 3, you just tell the real estate agent that you already have something else.

You dont need to pay anything upfront. Some people do suggest paying 2-3 months rent up front as well as the bond to give applications that extra edge, but we didnt have to when we arrived 3 years ago, and the rental situation was much tighter then.

Real estate agents tend to let you know if the application is succesful or not within a few days.

If you are renting furnished on arrival first of all, normally about 4 weeks is ideal to get settled & find a long term rental.

I was worried about this too but I had 3 applications going at one time and needed to secure one. I only applied for houses i really wanted and the rent was right so whichever one i got i was happy with.

When we got offered the rental I went to the other estate agents and withdrew my applications.

As for the timescales, the estate agents seem to wait for between 5-10 applications or more before showing the owners for their decision. This process took about 4-10 days between submitting and replying depending on the agent.

Most have open days for viewing so beforehand i would go and get an application from the office and complete with photocopied letters to support my application ready to hand to the agent at the viewing. I did waste a few days when first applying waiting for agents to call me back and most don't. Look online or ask in the office when the open days are.

Good luck x

Archived