VETASSESS assessments upto Dec'09 validity

chandi

Hi everyone,

I have a positive assessment issued by VETASSESS for Mathematician in December 2009. Their assessment criteria changed in January 2010, but as far as I can remember, the previous assessments were still valid. Also, the stipulated validity period was 2 years, I believe.

Can anyone confirm the above facts please? Moreover, has DIAC come up with any new policy which says the pre-'09 assessments are no longer valid for new visa applications?

I am asking because, when I asked VETASSESS to reconfirm the validity period (2yrs as opposed to 1yr, just to be safe, as I am nearing the one year point), they seem to have got cold feet about something and told me to ask DIAC!....which needless to say, is an absurd reply, given that it is VETASSESS that issued the assessment.

Chandi

• 2 years later...

I need to know same your question as I applied foe assessment and have got it positive by vetassess but that was in 2007, their letter was not showing and expiry date. and when I contacted them recently they answered me as follows:

Dear Maged,

Generaly speaking, when you apply to The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), you will need to apply for your visa under the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations system (ANZSCO), but DIAC will accept your Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) assessment, as long as there is a matching ASCO – ANZSCO code (ASCO-ANZSCO mapping table).

However, as you have been assessed under the previous assessment criteria (qualifications only), you will need to contact the DIAC in order to confirm if the will accept your Qualification Assessment or if you are required to apply for a Skills Assessment under the current assessment criteria (qualification and employment).

• 4 months later...

Hi ,

can someone please advise ? I have the same problem, skill assessment issued in 2007 for community worker asco - ASCO code 2512-13. There is no expiry date on the document. Vetassess advised the same thing , it is still valid but I should contact the Department. I wish to apply for 190 visa state nomination WA, the occupation exists on the WA list, but not sure about the validity of the skill assessment.

On the Department website:

[h=2]Only ASCO-ANZSCO correlations endorsed by the department are acceptable for skilled visa program purposes[/h]Only those ASCO-ANZSCO correlations endorsed by the department as acceptable for skilled visa program purposes can be used in ASCO-ANZSCO transitional arrangements.

Occupation information (such as a valid skills assessment) can only be used under transitional arrangements if all the following circumstances apply.

• a departmental-endorsed ASCO-ANZSCO correlation for that particular occupation exists
  • that occupation continues to be an acceptable occupation for skilled visa program purposes
  • the skills assessment is still valid (validity periods are determined by skills assessing authorities and may differ between occupations/authorities).

If any of the above circumstances do not apply, then the occupation information may not be considered under skilled visa program transitional arrangements.

If you are unsure whether your skills assessment is still valid, you will need to contact the relevant authority that issued the skills assessment.

If you are uncertain whether your skills assessment is acceptable for a visa application, or have further questions regarding the above, please contact the department to discuss your situation.

I have tried to contact them to speak with one of the pre-lodgment officers but they are not sure if the assessment is valid or not, strange response.

can anyone help?

Thanks

Archived