rockymaizymoe

life stories of an average 8 year old!

morning/evening all,

myself n family r relocating to melbourne(cranbourne)January time.

I'm hoping to have found a local school for my children maizy 8 and rocky 6 by the time the new year starts,I've also got a 2 year old moe.So my hands r full!

I'd be interested in hearing from any people who have been in a similar situation.

My main concerns are school life,Australian childrens attitudes,childrens activities outside school general parent concerns really.

My children are very social and are excited by the move so I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing,just trying to get some feed back for the big move.

Thanx for any help

Maxime

Guest terraformer
morning/evening all,

myself n family r relocating to melbourne(cranbourne)January time.

I'm hoping to have found a local school for my children maizy 8 and rocky 6 by the time the new year starts,I've also got a 2 year old moe.So my hands r full!

I'd be interested in hearing from any people who have been in a similar situation.

My main concerns are school life,Australian childrens attitudes,childrens activities outside school general parent concerns really.

My children are very social and are excited by the move so I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing,just trying to get some feed back for the big move.

Thanx for any help

Maxime

Hi Maxime

We have just moved to Cranbourne East, and i have three children as well, the youngest two will be going to Cranbourne East Primary when it opens in Feb, they are 7 & 10

Sorry i can't help much at the moment with any real info as we are still finding our feet, but if you want to pm later you are more then welcome.

Linda:laugh:

As long as you can find a house to live in then you will have found a school for your kids to attend. It isnt like UK where you may not get into the school right on your doorstep - Aus schools (gov ones anyway) have a catchment area and are obliged to find a place for any child living within that area and you can basically just rock up with their visa, birth certificate, vaccination certificate and evidence of place of residence and enrol. Kids tend to be quite resilient and I am sure they will be fine, most kids settle in quite well.

Hi Maxime

You have a choice of a few good primary schools in Cranbourne. St Agatha's in an excellent primary school (Catholic - not zoned). The one primary I would try and avoid is Cranbourne West, a lot of parents removed their children from there because of bullying etc.

You could also look at the schools where they go from prep right up to Yr 12.

The best school would be Lighthouse Christian College, you also have Casey Grammar and then the new one that is opening in February on the Hunt Club.

I wouldn't worry too much about the schools because you do have a wide choice open to you

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.