Taking cat to Oz, what jabs ect timelines?

Guest Angie M

Guest Angie M

Hi,

Any advice on what vaccines, timelimes i need to get done with sending cat to Oz. Have had Rabies inj and microchipped but as Daff website very detailed just wanted a quick checklist if possible. Using Air Pets nyone else used them?

Cheers

Angie M

Guest juliemtaylor

Our two cats came over in January this year and rountinely had their rabies and Cat Flu shots each year, as long as these are up to date and microchipped and in good health I think that is all you need. We used Petair UK and they were well looked after and spent their 30 days in quarantine in Spotswood, Melbourne.

Julie x

You just need to ensure they have had their annual flu jabs. They don't have to have rabies jabs, although we made sure ours had them and we got pet passports in case it all went horribly wrong and we decided to come home!

Air pets will do everything else.

Guest christi

We just made sure thier flu and enteritus jabs were up to date. We did not have Rabies jabs as they dont need them to enter OZ. Having said that we are returning home now and the cost of Rabies jabs and blood tests here is VERY high, so I think you have done the right thing, getting them done in the UK. Just remember to keep up the booster for the Rabies, incase you ever head back to the UK

The vets here will tell you, it needs to be done yearly, but if NOBIVAC has been used, the booster is every 3 years. A lot of PIO members have been caught out.See the other posts on Rabies vaccinations for returning to the UK

We used Airpets coming over and they were fantastic,,,no complaints about them

Good Luck, with your journey

• 2 weeks later...

Archived