Sign in to follow this  
Guest dazrfc

Australian Business Number

Guest dazrfc

hi im moving to perth at the end of the month on a year's working visa . Im a Bricklayer and i know i need the blue/white card and i know i cant get my tax file number until i arrive in perth but can i get an abn as i will hopefully be mostly self employed . I was wondering if i can get one before i arrive to speed things up. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS:confused::confused::confused:

Guest guest33730
hi im moving to perth at the end of the month on a year's working visa . Im a Bricklayer and i know i need the blue/white card and i know i cant get my tax file number until i arrive in perth but can i get an abn as i will hopefully be mostly self employed . I was wondering if i can get one before i arrive to speed things up. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS:confused::confused::confused:

Welcome to PIO Dazrfc,

I applied online for an ABN this week and you actually get given one at the end of the process so there is no issue about 'speeding things up' - There are a number of questions it asks including asking for you tax file number (although you can make your application without one.

All the best

Daniel

Hi

As far as I understand it, you can't get an ABN until you're actually here as you need to quote your tax file number (TFN) or provide documents that prove your identity for registration purposes. (Primary and secondary documents which you won't have until you're actually living in Australia).

Guest dazrfc

thanks guys im greatfull for any advice im just nervous because its obviously a huge thing going to the other side of the world as im from scotland i just want the proper documents so i can start work as soon as possible.any one any ideas how long it realisticly takes to complete the process of the tax file number and abn once i apply in perth. In fact any advice any one can give me about any thing regarding my HOPEFULLY new life in australia would be really really apreciated. THANKS AGAIN

Guest guest33730

Hey Dazrfc

I am guessing you are from the Glasgow area with the Rfc in your username! - I am from paisley and support Saint Mirren so there is no way I'm helping you LOL

Seriously though - the tax file number is a quick process (a week) and once you have that you can get the ABN straight away. The other things like the blue/white card I believe take a bit longer but someone else might be able to confirm that.

Ask away on the threads - that's what they are here for!

Daniel

Guest dazrfc

Cheers daniel m8 thats a big help im taking care of the white card online so thats ok. Cant wait to get to perth . Mon the Buddies