Mobile phones in OZ

redrobbersdog

I was with o2, so called them to see what to do;

On the o2 website there is a link somewhere to unlock the iphone (I was directed to it from by the o2 lady).

Once in Oz I simply bought a telstra card and put it in the phone, connected to itunes and the phone unlocked.

It was very easy.

Guest suegozza

We are flying out today to Perth.

I have an iPhone (which I have unlocked) and my husband has an htc.

Could anyone please let me know which providers give the best coverage in Perth and the best SIM only package?

Thanks

Hey

Same as what most have said. I have an iPhone3GS which was on a O2 contract in the UK, which they unlocked after i completed a form online.

Once i got out here i just got a 'pre-pay' sim card from Vodafone which costs $55 a month.....for that you get 500mb of data and $550 of call credit which you can use to call anywhere in Australia or the world.

We are flying out today to Perth.

I have an iPhone (which I have unlocked) and my husband has an htc.

Could anyone please let me know which providers give the best coverage in Perth and the best SIM only package?

Thanks

It really depends on whereabouts you live. Check out the coverage maps for where you will be living before you shell out on anything long term. Best coverage with Telstra but they are far and away the most expensive. I am with Virgin, use the Optus towers and generally get good coverage but acknowledge that Telstra coverage is better. Watch out for 3 - it is fantastic if you are going to only be metropolitan but once you move out of the city and onto roaming, then Telstra costs can hit you via roaming.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

We have brought our mobiles over which are on Vodafone UK locked. We intended to just put vodafone AU sim cards in but the don't work. The only phone that we have managed to set up was unlocked the other 3 didn't.

You will also find that you have to register the Au sims and this is quite hard cause they want a Aus driving license or medi card. We only managed it as we have relitives in Aus that could register for us:wacko:

Hope this helps

Andy