Really proud of my daughter

Rudi

This weekend I was down in Melbourne to watch my 14 year old daughter competing in the national diving championships. She dives off the 10m platform and was up against some of Australia's Olympians and Commonwealth Games representatives in the event.

She placed 6th in the final with a personal best score.

We are so proud of all she has achieved. She's had a tough year and was out of training for 4 months with a broken hand and has had only 3 months to learn the 5 internationally competitive dives she needed to compete.

She was the youngest diver in the field. Select Diver

Love

Rudi

x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Rudi

She was brilliant - I really don't know how anyone can get the courage to jump off the board so high, I would have fainted just looking down, let alone diving off.

Guest guest37336

Hi Rudi.

Firstly congratulations to ALL involved, well done to you all, BUT.

10 METRES, it looked more like ten thousand feet to me, bloody hell, no way in a million years would you get me up there, mind blowing it is, are you sure it was ONLY ten metres?:notworthy::notworthy:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Edited to add. There was a great programme recently where Justin Lee Collins (the comic) learnt to dive (badly,:biglaugh:) Rudi, I have searched but can't find a link, but it should be there somewhere. Have a looksey, it was fascinating in that the technicality and practice was awesome to watch, certainly opened my eyes to the dedication of those involved, really funny as well.

Guest guest36187

My Dad used to dive when he was younger. I stood at the top board once, looked down.............................................then climbed back down!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Yes, I am extremely proud of her. She is so dedicated to what she does - I am in awe of her strength of character and determination - I could not do what she does either emotionally of physically - I would not even jump off the 10m platform!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Guest mikka711

Rudi you must be floating with pride - your daughter taking on Olympians and top sportswomen and coming out so well:notworthy:

z4cfce1b2589ea.gif

Guest SunshineSmile

Good Lord. I just watched your daughter in action. Serious bottle and dedication to do that and immense talent to make it look so graceful and natural...

:notworthy:

Guest June Pixie

6th is an excellent placing. My cousin ran for Queensland and the Aussies were always a tougher nut to crack than her English counterparts.

6th is an excellent placing. My cousin ran for Queensland and the Aussies were always a tougher nut to crack than her English counterparts.

Yes.......with that score she'd have placed 4th in the UK National Championships :biggrin:

Love

Rudi

x

Archived