Rubbish Royal Mail!

Guest china

Sent docs to SA for SS between shutting down, and starting up of new application system. Still not arrived - aarrghhh! What is the point of track and trace when all it says is "received and ready for processing" - grrr! So tempted to just do a new application, but it was so time consuming. Worried about missing out on SS :( I'm possibly the only person who wants the SMP to wait until my application has been processed, just in case there's a sudden influx of applicationds after release.

Anyway, ranting done. I do hope SMP is released soon for all those waiting patiently!! x

Sent docs to SA for SS between shutting down, and starting up of new application system. Still not arrived - aarrghhh! What is the point of track and trace when all it says is "received and ready for processing" - grrr! So tempted to just do a new application, but it was so time consuming. Worried about missing out on SS :( I'm possibly the only person who wants the SMP to wait until my application has been processed, just in case there's a sudden influx of applicationds after release.

Anyway, ranting done. I do hope SMP is released soon for all those waiting patiently!! x

Hiya, i was going to PM you earlier to see how your posting went. obviously not good. Did you use the parcel website i recommended?

Hi Sharon

Thank you for that - really great to be able to check there - no status though - grrr!

Hi Gaz - I did look into it, also checked with parcel force which seemed to be the same kind of price - went to the post office who advised me to go for international signed for as it would take five days, as opposed to two, which didn't seem that much of a difference (£45 compared to £7.50) - I shouldn't have gone for the cheap option, but the post master made me feel so silly for going for the pricey option. It's only been seven working days, so I guess it's not that bad - This whole visa thing just makes me so impatient. I know we haven't had it bad, only been going since the beginning of the year, but it just feels like constant waiting, life on hold, and we haven't even started the actual visa bit. Anyway everyone here is so lovely, and reading up on everyone else's progress keeps my spirits up.

Cheers to both of you, and good luck x

Hi.. I have also applied for SA SS online thru my agent. Can anyone tell me when will I get the reference number which can be used for SA Client tracking System to check on the progress of my application. I have checked with my agent and they said that SA has not responded yet. My documents are on the way though.

Well I bit the bullet and spent £58 DHLing my docs for the second time to adelaide - grrrr!

I had 30 days from the 8th nov, so I am hoping that means until the 8th dec as DHL should get them there for the 7th - nail biting stuff!!!

Furious with royal mail, 11 days and still not there :(

While crossing your fingers for the SMP could you cross them a little bit for my docs to arrive in time!!! Thanks all, and good luck x x x

Thanks - at least DHL seem to be pretty good (so far) - I can see the docs left on a flight from heathrow on saturday afternoon to adelaide, so I have pretty high hopes about them arriving on time - eek eek eek! Then it's just fingers crossed so a quick (positive) decision, and then SMP release (is that asking too much!)

xx

Thanks - at least DHL seem to be pretty good (so far) - I can see the docs left on a flight from heathrow on saturday afternoon to adelaide, so I have pretty high hopes about them arriving on time - eek eek eek! Then it's just fingers crossed so a quick (positive) decision, and then SMP release (is that asking too much!)

xx

Fingers crossed for you. In recent history, they turn around the visa applications about two weeks after the paperwork arrives. i bet you have been praying for the SMP not to be released before your paperwork gets there to save the flood gates opening.

So, its all your fault :eek:

That has been my exact thinking (and praying - sorry!) hehe!

Well docs have been processed in adelaide, so fingers crossed they should definitely arrive tomorrow, cutting it fine..... ;)

Hey guys,

We've got a big problem with the post too. We are also on a race against time but only sent out TRA docs off 25th November so we are going to be hard pushed to miss the rush when the SMP's get released. We were hoping the paperwork would arrive Friday/Monday but called them at 1am last night (couldnt sleep lol) and they said definitely not received or in the post that day. Really wishing we'd paid the extra money but like China we were made to feel that why pay £50 more for just a couple of days difference - but what I wouldn't give now to see where our application is!! :cry:

Anyway, I called Royal Mail and they told me that they are having problems flying the post out to Australia and items are arriving about 10 WORKING DAYS later than it would normally! Which means we could be waiting another week or so!!!! :arghh:

Really dont know what to do now! She said no point resending as it will get there and we can't get it there quicker now but really worried as losing sooo much time! And scared that it won't get there at all! We wouldn't mind how long it took but if we dont get our visa application in before 1st July its all over :cry:

Anyway, anyone any advice or is our only real option just to wait it out. Obviously we would have to re-print all the documents (there was a lot!) and get some of it certified again by our solicitor & then spend out more money we dont have. Would be gutted to do all this and then it arrive! although maybe that is the answer? How people have coped with this for 1,2,3 years well I think you're all amazing :hug: :notworthy:

Cara x :wubclub: Trying to keep the faith that we will get it done in time :yes:

Hi Cara

I am so sorry for you guys - it is the most horrible feelingg! When I sent docs I was told it should take 5 working days, so I thought well even if it takes 10 working days I will be fine (cutting it fine, but ok) but after 10 days and all the tracking thing said is "received and ready for processing" I seriously panicked. The thing is we had a deadline of 30 days from submitting online application for docs to arrive and I'm still not sure if deadline was today or tomorrow, but thanks good DHL delivered this morning and SA client tracking service says "complete set of documents received" phew! But like you I am already worried this could have cost us our visa - if they have already awarded their quota of SS to teachers, then we will not be able to apply as cannot get enough points after july '11 :(

I don't really know how to advise you as your docs will arrive, it's just when, and also you have a lot more difficulty getting them all together again - I was fortunate that I am so controlling (eek) I made OH fill in and get witnessed two copies of the cover letter, "just in case" (and just in case happened) and I photo copied the reference he got from his employer "just in case" again, and sent off original, but liuckily had the colour copy to send in the DHL packet, and everything else I could photocopy at home. If I was you, I would probabl;y try to be patient, bite my nails, consume a fair amount of wine, and just hope they get their act together as quickly as possible. Not entirely helpful I know :(

I really wish you the best of luck, and I think we have both lernt a lesson, Royal-ly crap Mail are not to be trusted! xxx

Hi Cara

I am so sorry for you guys - it is the most horrible feelingg! When I sent docs I was told it should take 5 working days, so I thought well even if it takes 10 working days I will be fine (cutting it fine, but ok) but after 10 days and all the tracking thing said is "received and ready for processing" I seriously panicked. The thing is we had a deadline of 30 days from submitting online application for docs to arrive and I'm still not sure if deadline was today or tomorrow, but thanks good DHL delivered this morning and SA client tracking service says "complete set of documents received" phew! But like you I am already worried this could have cost us our visa - if they have already awarded their quota of SS to teachers, then we will not be able to apply as cannot get enough points after july '11 :(

I don't really know how to advise you as your docs will arrive, it's just when, and also you have a lot more difficulty getting them all together again - I was fortunate that I am so controlling (eek) I made OH fill in and get witnessed two copies of the cover letter, "just in case" (and just in case happened) and I photo copied the reference he got from his employer "just in case" again, and sent off original, but liuckily had the colour copy to send in the DHL packet, and everything else I could photocopy at home. If I was you, I would probabl;y try to be patient, bite my nails, consume a fair amount of wine, and just hope they get their act together as quickly as possible. Not entirely helpful I know :(

I really wish you the best of luck, and I think we have both lernt a lesson, Royal-ly crap Mail are not to be trusted! xxx

Hiya,

Yes REALLY learnt a lesson! Will be sending everything by DHL in 3 days from now on :mad:

I just soooo wish I had done it the first time because TRA would have been working on our application by now and looks like we're going to have to wait another week.... :arghh:

I feel like I just can't take the stress because I willbe devastated if we miss out :cry:

We worked out that even if we DHL it all now it wont get there til Tues/Wed next week by the time we've got it all printed & certified again anyway so think we've got no choice but to wait it out.

I'm sure now SA have your docs you'll be fine as they haven't released the SMP yet and it doesnt seem to be as popular as SA. My worry now is that as loads of people have missed out on Queensland (Think that is disguisting and really feel for those people:hug:) but they are now going to start applying for other states pushng up the quota there.

I have emailed Go Matilda our migration agents to see if we have any other options if we miss SMP so have somethng to fall back on so then it wont seem quite so much the end of the world.

Good Luck & keep me posted :smile:

Cara xx:wubclub:

Got email today to say TRA have received our application! woo hoo :jiggy:

There's hope again lol :jiggy:

We have also received details off Go Matilda on what we need to apply for state sponsorship so at least we can start working on that too.

I know we're still miles behind most people but if we keep working hard hopefully there will be one little place left for us :unsure:

Cara :wubclub:

Oh that's brilliant - I am so pleased your docs arrived - good job I used DHL as my docs sent through royal mail on 23rd nov STILL not arrived!!!!

Good luck with your SS x

Oh that's brilliant - I am so pleased your docs arrived - good job I used DHL as my docs sent through royal mail on 23rd nov STILL not arrived!!!!

Good luck with your SS x

Thank goodness you used DHL well done!

Good Luck to you too

Cara x

• 2 weeks later...
China

Any news on your SS?

Cara,

Any news on your TRA?

Hiya,

We are still waiting for the result of the skills assessment. Wasn't expecting it yet but really hoping it will be soon as we are ready to apply for the state sposorship. I can't help but check every day - even the weekends doh! Its like a ritual I can't stop! lol

I've emailed the TRA to ask if we can have the skills assessment forwarded direct (we appointed them after we sent the application) to our migration agent in Australia to save having it sent to the UK and straight back ot Oz again! It would save us 2-3 weeks, we'll see what they say.

Thanks for asking

Hows things with you?

Cara x

Oh yes! lol

What's DRA and what's your occupation?

Its nothing to do with my occupation. It is a Decision Ready Checklist (or as i call it a Decision Ready Application) lodged by my Migration Agent. But as we are still waiting for the SMP it has not/will not help in speeding up my application.

The DRA/DRC is a certifed application from a small number of authorised migration agents that basically tells the CO that everything is covered, every thing is there so it can be rushed though the process, in the past DRC/DRA have been known to get CO within a week or two of lodging their visa application. But, sadly i am not that lucky, another un-planned winter in the UK.

Its nothing to do with my occupation. It is a Decision Ready Checklist (or as i call it a Decision Ready Application) lodged by my Migration Agent. But as we are still waiting for the SMP it has not/will not help in speeding up my application.

The DRA/DRC is a certifed application from a small number of authorised migration agents that basically tells the CO that everything is covered, every thing is there so it can be rushed though the process, in the past DRC/DRA have been known to get CO within a week or two of lodging their visa application. But, sadly i am not that lucky, another un-planned winter in the UK.

Nightmare! It seems nomatter what anyone does this visa process is going at its own pace! It WILL NOT BE RUSHED!!! Well best of luck to you. I'm sure we will all get there in the end - just hopefully before we have a nervous breakdown :twitcy: :wacko: :hug:

Archived