lodging subclass 175 before receiving assessment ???

Guest giro123

Guest giro123

Hello All

i have lodged my skill assessment with Engineers Australia a month ago , and i know that i must wait up to 4 month before hearing the results .

One of my friends advised me to go ahead and lodge a subcase 175 application now , and tell DIAC that i will send them the assessment results upon receiving them from Engineers Australia

is it possible to send an application of subcase 175 without the skills assessment results included ?

Guest abeersalik

Dear giro,

It is not advisable to submit your visa application without assessment outcome. Please read below as stated at Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175).

------------------------------------

Skills assessment

You must obtain a positive skills assessment before you lodge your application for this visa. This is an evaluation of your qualifications to make sure that you are sufficiently qualified for your nominated occupation.

Important: The skills assessment must be performed by the approved assessing body for your nominated skilled occupation. Contact details for these assessing bodies can be found in the Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI) website.

See: Australian Skills Recognition Information

Note: If you are a New Zealand citizen, you must obtain a skills assessment before applying for General Skilled Migration regardless of whether you are able to obtain registration in your nominated occupation in Australia. The skills assessment must be provided by the approved assessing body for your nominated skilled occupation.

See: Australian Skills Recognition Information

It is your responsibility to contact the relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation to arrange for an assessment of your skills. Each assessing authority has its own assessment procedures, timeframes and charges. You need to contact the relevant assessing authority about your skills assessment well before you intend to lodge your application.

If your nominated occupation is 'Medical Practitioner', you should read the specific information on skills assessments for medical practitioners.

See: Migration of medical practitioners under the General Skilled Migration Program

Important: You must lodge evidence of a completed positive skills assessment with your application.

------------------------------

Hope this helps, however, experts may advise otherwise.

Regards

Guest yessica76

I am in the same situation...this is my week number 13..and I want to know if I can lodge the 175 aplication before get the assesment...

Guest jigarercivil

Dont do that because if your assesssment not in hand and if CO will be allocate then your file rejected and you need to pay again whole fees....so many applicant's did this and them file rejected due to insufficient documents.... so dont take risk

SO hurry to rich Aussie ?:chatterbox:

See dont take risk with assessment and IELTS....if you have both things and 120 points then upload file

Without assessment how you know which code you will get for u r occupation?????:twitcy:

DONT ASSEUME THAT YOU APPLY FOR ANY OCCUPATION and YOU WILL GET SAME AS CLAIMED.....some people got diferent code rather than claimed...

SO wait ....:daydreaming:

Hello All

i have lodged my skill assessment with Engineers Australia a month ago , and i know that i must wait up to 4 month before hearing the results .

One of my friends advised me to go ahead and lodge a subcase 175 application now , and tell DIAC that i will send them the assessment results upon receiving them from Engineers Australia

is it possible to send an application of subcase 175 without the skills assessment results included ?

I doesn’t get much clear than what is stated on DIAC’s website. Don’t remember it precisely but it’s the either first or the second question in the online visa application. It states very clearly that YOU MUST HAVE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS assesses BEFORE you lodge your application.

Moreover, you should have all other documents on hand when you submit your application.

I have 175, we submitted skills assessment in May2009 - took nine weeks to come through. We then submitted Visa application in Nov 2009 ( waiting for baby to be born). It arrived 16 weeks later march 2010. We could not believe how quick it came through. So wait if in no rush, because the visa itself takes less than the 18 month guide line time. Off to Perth Xmas day - cant wait.

Zoe

Its very bad advise from your friend. my visa is a 176, but i am sure one of their first questions will be your Skills trade code (ANZO or something) then a reference to your skills assesment letter (some serial number or something)

So, lets say, you ignore the advice on here and lodge it, then your skills assessment comes through after, how are you going to amend it to register the skills assessment letter?

Dont waste your money!

Guest nanna g

Hi well done perth is lovely.. my son is just about to complete a 175 application did you attach your medical and police check with the application or did you wait for a case officer. i am concerned about the time things take as he is already in perth and his visa may run out before the 175 comes through. any advice greatly recieved. thanks

Hi well done perth is lovely.. my son is just about to complete a 175 application did you attach your medical and police check with the application or did you wait for a case officer. i am concerned about the time things take as he is already in perth and his visa may run out before the 175 comes through. any advice greatly recieved. thanks

It is better to wait, the medicals and PCC don't normally take long to get (assuming your son has just lived in UK / Oz).

When does his current visa expire?

Guest nanna g

Hi

He is on his girlfriends 457 visa at the moment but her employer is selling up so she may not find someone who will take her sponsorship on and therefore they will have to leave. the quicker we can get the visa submitted the better. Unfortunetaly her job is not on the skills list.

cheers

Archived