Agent for every stage of visa application?

Guest ConfusedPoms!

Guest ConfusedPoms!

Hi,

Just been thinking about the following and wondered if anybody has an answer......If you are using an agent for the skilled visa process, at any stage can you just choose not to use them and go it alone for a certain parts of the process?

Just that once you start using an agent, are you then obliged to pay their fees at every stage or if you feel confident doing part of it on your own with no assistance from them, is that ok...? Thanks guys

Guest journeydownunder

We have spoken to a few agents and they all say you can use them for whatever bits you want. They normally charge a fee for each bit eg a fee to prepare the vetasses (about $995 on average) about the same again for state sponsorship and then about $2500 to prepare the visa application.

We have decided for the time being to try and go it alone and take it step by step. If you break down each stage it seems fairly straight forward, especially with all the advice from PIO. If we fail the vetassess then we might think differently but for now we are going to try and save the money. It seems to me that getting all the paperwork, evidence etc together is the most time consuming bit and you have to do that yourself anyway!!

Time will tell if we have made the right decision!!

Good luck with your journey!

Emma

We have spoken to a few agents and they all say you can use them for whatever bits you want. They normally charge a fee for each bit eg a fee to prepare the vetasses (about $995 on average) about the same again for state sponsorship and then about $2500 to prepare the visa application.

We have decided for the time being to try and go it alone and take it step by step. If you break down each stage it seems fairly straight forward, especially with all the advice from PIO. If we fail the vetassess then we might think differently but for now we are going to try and save the money. It seems to me that getting all the paperwork, evidence etc together is the most time consuming bit and you have to do that yourself anyway!!

Time will tell if we have made the right decision!!

Good luck with your journey!

Emma

This is the way we're looking at it too.

You will find opinion is divided on here and many have gone each way. However, our feeling is that they are most useful if you think you have a borderline case, maybe because of your qualification, age or health history etc.

Guest ConfusedPoms!

Thanks both! We are actually already with an agent and they have been most helpful so far (not entirely sure we would have gotten all of the vetassess paperwork passed first time without them!)

It's just that now we are looking at the next stage of applying for SS, they want over £300 at this stage to assist with it.......Looking into it online, if we apply for SS with SA, you can download the forms etc and it costs nothing to apply so thinking maybe do this part alone and save some money.....Just wan't sure how well that would go down with the agent......

You've paid the agent for the work they have done already so if you go-it-alone on the next stage it shouldn't matter.

No doubt they'll have a feeling of great satisfaction if you need their help at a later stage but they should be professional enough to take it on the chin and help you once more. After all it is in their interests to help you as you are a paying customer.

I can't say for definite, because our docs haven't arrived yet, and so we haven't been successful yet with the SA SS application, but especially as the new one is entirely online, it's quite straight forward, just a bit time consuming to do all the research, but if you have the time and inclination you should be able to do it on your own. Good luck either way x

Hi,

Just been thinking about the following and wondered if anybody has an answer......If you are using an agent for the skilled visa process, at any stage can you just choose not to use them and go it alone for a certain parts of the process?

Just that once you start using an agent, are you then obliged to pay their fees at every stage or if you feel confident doing part of it on your own with no assistance from them, is that ok...? Thanks guys

Hi,

We are using GO MATILDA who have charged for each step of the process and to be honest they have stated at each stage what their fee would be should we decide that we would like them to continue assisting us. The fact that they have offices and staff both here and in Australia has been invaluable to us. For example we dealt with Sarah in their Australian branch with our SA SS sponsorhsip application which was dealt with relatively quickly.

We probably could have attempted the vetassess paperwork ourselves, BUT I doubt that I would have gathered the same amount of evidence and potentially we would have failed! Had we not got past that first vital stage we would not be where we are just now, and in fairness our timeframe is relatively short this is thanks to the thorough job done by GO MATILDA on our behalf.

I wish you well whatever you do,

Lorraine x :hug:

Guest ConfusedPoms!

Thanks Lorraine, looks like you are just a little ahead of us, we are just waiting for Brikkie practical decision (Hopefully within next couple of weeks) we will then be applying for SA SS. Looks like you got yours back really quickly! Fingers crossed ours will be the same and we can get our 176 lodged in the new year....... Was the SA SS application difficult? x

Guest ConfusedPoms!

Also Lorraine would you recommend using Go matilda (We are also with them) for the SA SS application or do you think we should go this part alone.....?

Thanks Lorraine, looks like you are just a little ahead of us, we are just waiting for Brikkie practical decision (Hopefully within next couple of weeks) we will then be applying for SA SS. Looks like you got yours back really quickly! Fingers crossed ours will be the same and we can get our 176 lodged in the new year....... Was the SA SS application difficult? x

Sarah White from Go Matilda completed the SA SS application for us from information which we provided to her. I did look at the form and I don't think it's "difficult" BUT I do believe that if the form is not completed to the particular states satisfaction, then they could potentially not approve your sponsorship. We have been with Alan and the people at Go Matilda form the beginning of this process and I would not have done it without them. Sarah is based in Australia also, I like the fact that Alan and his team have branches in the UK and OZ.

Go Matilda will tell you exactly what you need to research for your SS application and this forum is an invaluable source of information.

Don't worry about the practical I'm sure that you will have passed with flying colours.

If you need anything PM me

Lorraine x

Also Lorraine would you recommend using Go matilda (We are also with them) for the SA SS application or do you think we should go this part alone.....?

We used Go Matilda for every stage of our process and I genuinely believe that we would still be at the starting blocks if not for them. In terms of cost, compared to the rest of the process SS application assistance is a relatively small cost.

I would say you have to consider it carefully re going it alone or not, for us the peace of mind of knowing that the application was correct etc was worth every penny and the result speaks for itself.

Alan and the people at Go Matilda have many endorsements on this forum and they live up to their well deserved reputation. They are prompt, always keep you informed, and they are straight with you.

I'm sure that you will do well in your vetassess practical.

Best of luck :hug:

Lorraine x