Guest tenbandz

Australian Group 4 Applicants!!our lives have been put on hold!!!

Guest tenbandz

Hi guys, We are the biggest victim of government immigration policy.Yes! We are the AUSTRALIAN Group 4 applicants. No one know us, no one mention us !!We have scrificed so much in making sure we meet Australia’s requirements, lodged perfectly good applications to australian immigration office, however our lives have been put on hold an inordinate amount of time. 1 year; 2years; 3years!!! How long do we need to wait?!!. We are planning to lodge a complaint letter together to the greens or immigration office and do everything we can to let the public know our current situation.Share out your story.Thank you very muchT_T

:hug:

Good work fellow cat 4

My time line shows our position. Spouse main applicant as Haidresser

Moving back home 29th March 2013

Guest Rami

It is now clear they want all cat 4 applicants out of the country after grabbing every piece of their penny and no service rendered. No disrespect, The greens and other political parties don't care about genuine visa applicants as evidenced during the election. The Greens in particular only cares about asylum seekers. The overall migration propaganda is on the so called " boat people".

I don't think you have a tiny chance of getting the Australian media to cover this story. Many people on this website have already tried and did not prevail. You best chance would to be to have an international media like the BBC or CNN to cover our stories. If this happen, the Australian media will have to follow suit.

All the best for all category 4 applicants. You all have our support.

Hi guys, We are the biggest victim of government immigration policy.Yes! We are the AUSTRALIAN Group 4 applicants. No one know us, no one mention us !!We have scrificed so much in making sure we meet Australia’s requirements, lodged perfectly good applications to australian immigration office, however our lives have been put on hold an inordinate amount of time. 1 year; 2years; 3years!!! How long do we need to wait?!!. We are planning to lodge a complaint letter together to the greens or immigration office and do everything we can to let the public know our current situation.Share out your story.Thank you very muchT_T

Well done for the effort. But I am afraid. A lot has already done by various forum members including me. Nothing is going to happen. Yes we can try to involve some international media. In fact, even international media can not do anything here. As they can not participate in the working of a department. They can not question the department that why are they delaying the processing of particular applications. So wait and watch.

HRC|496|30.08.07|Occup-Public Relations Profess|Ack -24.1.08|C.O.-20.10.09,11-05-2012|Med-09.09,06.12|PCC-09.09,15.05|Job veri-3.09.09|Grant-Got it Finally... on 18-June-2012:biglaugh:

I am going to write an email to Mr. Baxter. I had noted that he has only pointed the problem of Onshore applicants. What about those who has applied from offshore like me. I had applied in August 2007. And still DIAC is not providing me any suitable reply.

HRC|496|30.08.07|Occup-Public Relations Profess|Ack -24.1.08|C.O.-20.10.09,11-05-2012|Med-09.09,06.12|PCC-09.09,15.05|Job veri-3.09.09|Grant-Got it Finally... on 18-June-2012:biglaugh:

This is what I wrote to Mr. Baxter. I hope he will add my issue to this mail.

Sir,

With due respect, we belong to India. And we love Australia that is why I choose to live in Australia. I assessed my application for Australian Immigeration way back in July 2007.I found that I am eligible for applying to Australian migration. So, I started this process on 30th August 2007. It was clearly mentioned on DIAC website that it will take maximum of 15 months for this process to complete.But, now it has been more than 3 years but still I am waiting for the decision. Adding to more sorrow, First DIAC anounced 23 Spetember 2009 changes and then they announced category 4 . According to these changes all old and new applicants will be effected. These changes are criticized across the world and even in Australia. As Australia is a Democratic nation, they present each and every changes in front of Public. But according to my knowledge, nothing was put forward to public domain before these changes.

As, I had already mentioned that I applied on 30 August 2007. My brother is an Australian Citizen. He has already complaint to Ombudsman regarding the delay in my application but all in vain. My visa class is class UZ subclass 496( Provision - Family sponsored visa) . As it has been mentioned that it is a provisional visa, so I have to stay in Australia for two years to occupy Permanent Residency. So according to this, I am suffering a lot along with my family. As I had invested a lot in the future of my family. Legally according to the DIAC website, I have to be in Australia now.(15 months)

Now I have been put into category 4. They have also said that they have applied cap and cease on Pre September applicants. Fortunately or Unfortunately, according to some law they can not cap and cease 496. But they must tell what are they doing with my application for last last 40 months.

I am not alone in this race, there are thousands other applicants around the world. As these applicants are well qualified and young they will only and only contribute to the economic growth of country so immigrants are always good for one country's economy...

How more I have to wait??????????

With best regards,

Guest Alejandro
Hi guys, We are the biggest victim of government immigration policy.Thank you very muchT_T

DIAC's website explains the options available to onshore applicants. These are:

1. Wait for a decision

2. Find sponsorship

3. Withdraw application and depart Australia

DIAC is directed by the government so it's no use complaining to the government's representatives. In simple words, the government says,"It's our way or the highway".

The opposition can not risk making any radical changes to immigration because of a strong negative opinion about immigration amongst the locals. This negative sentiment is due to insuffucient infrastructure development, using immigration cut policy to increase voting bank and not educating the locals about the benefits of balanced immigration.

What can highly skilled onshore applicants do? Think. Even if you think outside the box, there is no dignified alternative. All this complaining to different departments would waste your own time and resources. Even if you get something out of it, you'd lose your trust in Australian governance and hence your peace of mind forever. I personally would either secure an employer sponsorship or leave Australia if the onshore application's processing takes longer than 15 months.

Life's too short. :yes:

Guest UFO

for crying out loud get a grip. what about those applications which were killed and they spent alot of money. they cant apply again for 3 years. which some of them would be to late.

at least you are still in the system.

what your life is so boring, you are depended on this :eek:

Guest tomtom
for crying out loud get a grip. what about those applications which were killed and they spent alot of money. they cant apply again for 3 years. which some of them would be to late.

0.1/10 dont bite people :wubclub:

Please don't tell us to 'get a grip.' Yes we are in the system but you cannot imagine how frightening it is living on a daily basis with the possibility that you could you have your application capped and told to get out in 28 days even though you have been waiting patiently for years and have fully integrated into Australia, not to mention payed thousands upon thousands of tax dollars to the Australian government with no benefits in return. My WHOLE family is in this country, I have financial responsibilities here, my work, friends...everything basically. Others have bought houses, opened businesses, have rental contracts, have given birth to children here and have children in school here. Those that were capped before were offshore and yes it was a completely unethical and cruel move but I believe onshore applicants have far more to lose. When you are waiting onshore for many years for a visa you have no choice but to start to set down roots, buy furniture, houses, cars, pay taxes, invest, send kids to school, make friends. Basically how would you feel if somebody turned round to you in your home country and told you you have 28 days to leave everything. Thats how we feel.

Guest UFO

you need to understand immigration is big business for Australian goverment they dont care where people are in the application processing cat. Just as long as they get money from you.

Guest langhoatu81
Please don't tell us to 'get a grip.' Yes we are in the system but you cannot imagine how frightening it is living on a daily basis with the possibility that you could you have your application capped and told to get out in 28 days even though you have been waiting patiently for years and have fully integrated into Australia, not to mention payed thousands upon thousands of tax dollars to the Australian government with no benefits in return. My WHOLE family is in this country, I have financial responsibilities here, my work, friends...everything basically. Others have bought houses, opened businesses, have rental contracts, have given birth to children here and have children in school here. Those that were capped before were offshore and yes it was a completely unethical and cruel move but I believe onshore applicants have far more to lose. When you are waiting onshore for many years for a visa you have no choice but to start to set down roots, buy furniture, houses, cars, pay taxes, invest, send kids to school, make friends. Basically how would you feel if somebody turned round to you in your home country and told you you have 28 days to leave everything. Thats how we feel.

Why are you so negative about it? it seems to me you are very scared of not being granted the visa. everything is still ahead, who knows they will grant all visa soon. they will not send you home as some posts already mentioned about the cap and cease has not passed the parliament. take it easy man and keep doing what you are doing. you will be fine one day. nervousness and worry don't give you visa either so why bother...

Good work fellow cat 4

My time line shows our position. Spouse main applicant as Haidresser

Not meaning to upset you but "Spouse main applicant as Haidresser" is hardly a reason to get a bee in your bonnet about not getting in.

I think hairdressers would be and should be a long way down the list.

On the bright side you've had a few years in Oz and you sound like you enjoyed it. It was always going to be a risk buying a property when you didn't know if you were going to be able to stay. You might have made a fair bit on that if you have to sell.

Hi Jess,

I have been waiting 2 years now for a visa to go to Aus but as i still have my life here in the UK i could not complain because if all fails i have lost nothing but the dream, people like you i really could not imagine how hard it is for you to live a life in Aus knowing that one day the goverment could say go home when your home is already in Aus because i know i could not do what you are doing you are brave, all's you can do is be positive and hope your visa comes soon as i am sure your dream will come true.

Tania

:xmas7:Cat 4 (Fitter) 175 04 November 08, CO 09/09/11 Visa Grant 15/11/11

Not meaning to upset you but "Spouse main applicant as Haidresser" is hardly a reason to get a bee in your bonnet about not getting in.

Not meaning to upset you ! ( But I Will anyway !! ) Dont be such a muppett !!!

Ok Einstein if your opinion is so valuable we are not just talking about Hairdressers as Cat 4. There are other jobs that have been on lists when applications have been lodged and money taken that are in Cat 4 and have been retrospectively treated.

So MATE if I want to get a bee in my bonnett about the way CAT 4 has been treated i bloody well will. Its Idiots like you that wind people up on these threads that havent got a sodding clue about anything that other applicants are going through !!

Shane

Falling between the cracks of skilled migration reform - The National Interest - 3 December 2010

The ABC (or at least the journalist Peter Mares) is aware ...

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Guest ChittyChargo

Yes and the reason for this is why? you have no hair and are as bald as a coot and would not require an Hairdresser. MORAN

Guest Alejandro

I think that if the Australian government was to send the '28 day evacuation notice'(2DEN) to even 10,000 of the onshore applicants within a time frame of 6 months, there could be a major potential humanitarian crisis.

The 2DEN victims would pursue venues such as refugee claims, fraudulent marriages, studying other sub-standard courses and (God forbid) suicide. The government is aware of these risks and so is delaying the application processing instead of application refusal.

Have a look at the figures, there are thousands upon thousands of onshore applicants living and contributing economically as well as socially. If DIAC was to waste this massive talent pool, they would have to refuse atleast 10,000 onshore applications every 6 months. How many onshore applicants do you know who've been refused their visa in the last 6 months?

Not many, right. I never thought I'd say this but,"Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst".

I for example benefit the most myself by being positive. So be positive. I know it feels disgusting to wait for such a long time but it's better than being refused straight away. No more how much you think about it, being positive is the only solution to all life's problems. So if you're positive, be hopeful. Remember, if you've been waiting for visa processing for more than 2 years you've got a 90% success chance if you're an onshore applicant. Why else would someone let you stay and than refuse your visa application.

Guest UFO
I think that if the Australian government was to send the '28 day evacuation notice'(2DEN) to even 10,000 of the onshore applicants within a time frame of 6 months, there could be a major potential humanitarian crisis.

The 2DEN victims would pursue venues such as refugee claims, fraudulent marriages, studying other sub-standard courses and (God forbid) suicide. The government is aware of these risks and so is delaying the application processing instead of application refusal.

Have a look at the figures, there are thousands upon thousands of onshore applicants living and contributing economically as well as socially. If DIAC was to waste this massive talent pool, they would have to refuse atleast 10,000 onshore applications every 6 months. How many onshore applicants do you know who've been refused their visa in the last 6 months?

Not many, right. I never thought I'd say this but,"Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst".

I for example benefit the most myself by being positive. So be positive. I know it feels disgusting to wait for such a long time but it's better than being refused straight away. No more how much you think about it, being positive is the only solution to all life's problems. So if you're positive, be hopeful. Remember, if you've been waiting for visa processing for more than 2 years you've got a 90% success chance if you're an onshore applicant. Why else would someone let you stay and than refuse your visa application.

There are plenty of suckers which will take their places, and the goverment knows this

A polite request from admin (me) as I don't want to have to temporarily close this thread while it's tidied up. Please remember.

1. PomsInoz.com is not the appropriate medium for personal or private vendettas.
  2. Out of respect for the Original Poster, please try to keep postings on-topic.
  3. Be respectful to your fellow members, moderators and administrators, this is a friendly and great environment; we wish to keep it that way so please treat others as you would like to be treated and please respect other members rights to express an opinion which may differ to your own.

Cheers

Rob

:cute:

Agreed Rob

Unfortunately I am probably a culprit on this thread. The majority of PIO members are friendly and empathise with other peoples predicament. But there does seem to be a minority of people that only post comments to annoy, irritate , wind up to try and prompt a response. These people know who they are !!.

The process currently is very stressful and confusing and is made worse by comments that are made seemingly to stir things up.

So, I apologise for my earlier response to Paul1Perth , perhaps Paul could admit that his post was inflammatory towards Hairdressers after all we are not the people who decide whose Job is more important than someone else's.

Shane

• Like 1

Guest tenbandz

thanks for support

Agreed Rob

Unfortunately I am probably a culprit on this thread. The majority of PIO members are friendly and empathise with other peoples predicament. But there does seem to be a minority of people that only post comments to annoy, irritate , wind up to try and prompt a response. These people know who they are !!.

The process currently is very stressful and confusing and is made worse by comments that are made seemingly to stir things up.

So, I apologise for my earlier response to Paul1Perth , perhaps Paul could admit that his post was inflammatory towards Hairdressers after all we are not the people who decide whose Job is more important than someone else's.

Shane

Hi Shane,

I totally see where you are coming from. Historically some people who write on Poms In Oz are entitled to write down their opinions and answers, but as I have found over the past 2 years, some write before they think. At the end of the day mate, there are a lot of angry and excitable people on here and rightly so. We just have to believe in the states that have sponsored us and wait for them to roll out the SMP's.

It does all get a bit much at time, but what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

Still on for a beer when you get to WA mate????

Cheers,

John:hug:

Hi Shane,

I totally see where you are coming from. Historically some people who write on Poms In Oz are entitled to write down their opinions and answers, but as I have found over the past 2 years, some write before they think. At the end of the day mate, there are a lot of angry and excitable people on here and rightly so. We just have to believe in the states that have sponsored us and wait for them to roll out the SMP's.

It does all get a bit much at time, but what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

Still on for a beer when you get to WA mate????

Cheers,

John:hug:

Defo on for that Beer John

Received an email from My uncle today advising that he has received confirmation from DIAc that his nomination for Soph as a Hairdresser has been received, we now wait to see if it gets approved at least thats another iron in the fire. Just out of interest it was received on the 24th Nov and the fee $455 was taken the same day... you couldnt make it up could you ?

Doesnt seem to be any delay with the taking of money... that is one dept running smoothly ! Lol:jiggy:

Shane