Football in 2011

joenorwich

Hamersley Rovers Soccer Club is based in Carine Open Space off Beach Road in Perth's northern suburbs only 5 minutes from the freeway and Reid highway. We cater for all seniors (18+) and have teams in every category. We are seeking talented players for our Amateur 1st division squad, who narrowly missed promotion and reached the amateur cup semi-finals, we have an excellent coaching set up and great team spirit but always looking for fresh faces to bolster the squad. Pre-season training starts Tuesday 11th January at Carine, 6.30pm

For younger players looking to advance we have a Development team in amateur Div 6 (U23's).

For people looking for a more relaxed approach we run social teams in the local leagues.

We also have a masters team (35+) and a ladies team. Its a well run club with a great social scene especially on during the season on Thursdays and match days. We are a multi-cultural club but majority of members are ex-pats and its a great way to meet new people (and keep fit!).

For kids we have an affiliated junior club, see our website for link.

If you are interested or want more info, please contact me via PM

Cheers

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
hi there sounds like u have a really good set up there. when does ur season start and finish?

Hi Adam

Season starts in April and finishes in September. We start pre-season in January but people are welcome down whenever they arrive. Email me if you like at admin@hamersleyrovers.com.au if you have any more questions.

Cheers

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hamersley Ladies start training the first Thursday in Feb at Liddell Reserve in Girrawheen and every Thursday after (6.45pm start). Will switch back to Carine at the end of March. The team is especially looking for a goalkeeper.

Hamersley mens amateurs and U23's have started training already, every Tuesday and Thursday. Normally at Carine although the odd session is at a different venue (PM me or email admin@hamersleyrovers.com.au for more info).

Masters and socials start at Liddell in Feb.

Cheers

Joe

Home | Hamersley Rovers Soccer Club | Carine

I have a 14 year old son who is obsesed with football, he is in my opinion a great player he plays for his club in the UK and they are top of the prem (so far) We are looking to move to Perth in July, what opertunities are there in Perth for my son to continue to play the sport he loves. If he got into a good club I think this would make his move much easier. Area we are thinking of is Rossmayne good area for football or not?

Thank you

I have a 14 year old son who is obsesed with football, he is in my opinion a great player he plays for his club in the UK and they are top of the prem (so far) We are looking to move to Perth in July, what opertunities are there in Perth for my son to continue to play the sport he loves. If he got into a good club I think this would make his move much easier. Area we are thinking of is Rossmayne good area for football or not?

Thank you

There are many clubs that offer pretty decent pathways for good players, most of them are State league premier clubs. Some that have the best youth programs are Stirling Lions, Balcatta SC, Perth SC and Floreat Athena. Easy enough to travel from Rossmoyne but they are north of the river clubs, there are other clubs closer though. Football West also run state teams and development programs. Some local high schools also run football programs, Lynwood SHS and John Curtin College are the two closest to you.

Home - Football West - The peak body for football (soccer) in Western Australia has plenty of info

Hope that helps

Joe

There are many clubs that offer pretty decent pathways for good players, most of them are State league premier clubs. Some that have the best youth programs are Stirling Lions, Balcatta SC, Perth SC and Floreat Athena. Easy enough to travel from Rossmoyne but they are north of the river clubs, there are other clubs closer though. Football West also run state teams and development programs. Some local high schools also run football programs, Lynwood SHS and John Curtin College are the two closest to you.

Home -*Football West*- The peak body for football (soccer) in Western Australia has plenty of info

Hope that helps

Joe

Try using a round ball instead of a sherrin ,you might get better:biglaugh:

• 5 weeks later...

Hamersley Rovers still welcoming new players

Good standard players very welcome to come down to Carine Open Space, off Beach road on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6.30pm.

Socials, Ladies and Masters have started training at Liddell Park in Girrawheen from 6.45pm on Thursdays. All welcome.

Home | Hamersley Rovers Soccer Club | Carine

• 2 months later...