Applying for Citizenship

hoorayhenry

Hello Everyone

Again I am asking the lovely PIO-ers for advice!

I am planning on putting my application in for citizenship in July 2012 (when I have been here for four years). Do I have to be settled in one place whilst they process my application? I am planning on quitting my job mid 2012 and will be travelling around Oz for the next six or so months.

That means I won't have a permanent residence in Australia whilst the application for citizenship is being processed, although I do have a friends address that everything can be mailed to.

Do you think I would be able to do this or will I have to just stay in Victoria until the whole citizenship process has completed?

Thanks in advance.

HH

I don't think it would matter that you're travelling, but you have to nominate where you want to do your ceremony and it is that shire that sends you your invitation. May be worth sticking around. Most places will do a big ceremony on Australia Day and you may be lucky and get processed very quickly.