Stage 2 - De Facto visa

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some details on what is required for stage 2 of the De Facto Spouse visa?

I have a temporary visa for the next 2 years, and after that I know that will re-evaluate my application and from there decide whether or not to grant me a permanent visa?

Will we need to provide proof of relationship again from those 2 years in Oz? Like leases, and bills, and joint bank accounts etc?

Thanks - any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Hi Jinni,

When you applied for the provisional you also applied for the permanent version at the same time. I'm just over half-way through my two years on the provisional and I'm not sure what will be required either but I assume that they will want to evidence and stat decs etc. to show that you are still together in two years time. I've been saving every bit of paperwork just in case.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff.”

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Thanks Happy Lass.

I am aware that I applied for the permanent visa at the same time, I was just wondering about paperwork and proof... that was such a pain last time, really dreading having to do it again. But I guess it pays to just keep everything...

I know what you mean. My letter said I should hear something between August and October this year so I'll make sure I'll post to say what was requested of me when the time comes. I can't wait to clear out all this paperwork I've been saving up just in case!

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff.”

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos