Robina

Guest Nathnanth

Guest Nathnanth

Hi There,

after six months of trawling suburb by suburb and school by school annual reports,

I think I have finally decided that Robina would be the place to settle.

I am hoping to enrol my son into Robina State School, which by the report looks very impressive.

If anyone could possibly give me any advice on what Robina is like to live in, and have or know of anyone at the state school, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthea

Robina is a good area, with good facilities easy access to highway, good public transport. I have heard mixed reports on high school. Neighbours granddaughter doing well there, friend of my daughter last 6 months there.There are better schools around such as Varsity Lakes.

We just went over on a recce trip and Varsity Lakes looks like a fantastic school! It goes from prep right through to Year 12, divided into 4 separate "schools" over 2 main campuses, on each bank of Lake Orr. I am hoping mine will be starting year 3 and year 8 in January!

Guest Nathnanth

Hi Guys,

thanks for the replies, i've now been in touch with a few of the schools, and as you say

NZstidz, Varsity Lakes really does seem very good, and in fact a better option for us as a family.

Out of interest, how old is your little one going into year 3? my Son is 6 and is currently in year 2 over here in UK, although he'd be due to go to year 3 sept of next year.

Thanks again for the replies.

Anthea

Hi there

My youngest is 8 and will be 9 in July 2011. He would be going into year 4 here in NZ in Jan 2011, but as here we go from year 1-13, and in Aus they go from Year 1-12 (with a year called kindy or prep) he will still be with his age group, it just has a different name. Depending on your little one's birthday he may be in year one in January. Don't forget, the Australian children will have already had a year of kindy/prep/whatever. The school should be able to tell you immediately as some of their cut off dates vary. My son's school cuts off on June 30th, others in April...

Hopefully we can meet up - when do you get there?

Guest Nathnanth

Hi NZstidz,

My partner will be in Aus from the 15th Dec, with our youngest son ( he's just turned one) i'm hoping to be out there by the end of Jan at the very latest with our eldest, in time or not too long after the new school year starts.

Thanks for clearing up the age and school year confusion, my son, on that premise will be going into year 2.

My partner has now been offered a job in Burliegh Heads, so we will definitely be looking for a rental in the Robina/Varsity Lakes borders. I'm really hoping it's not going to be too difficult to secure a place :frown:

It would be wonderful to meet up! will definitely keep in touch.

Ax

That would be great Anthea - we get there on the 3rd Jan and are really hoping we can get a rental before the start of term, I understand it is almost impossible to enrol your child in school if you do not have proof of address in the catchment (have also heard that Varsity Lakes catchment is strict - check it out on their website and use it as a guide when looking for property!)

x

Archived