Subclass 309 to 100 (PR) Processing times

Guest Taytoconnorrs

Guest navdeepkaur
Welcome to Poms In Oz.

That is a rather old thread there I am afraid.

Which country are you applying from for your 309/100? please?

Susie

hi got my subclass 100 permanent residency few weeks ago. however, my husband still wants to cancel my visa and want to give me divorce. i have all evidence saying our relationship was genuine still he want to can cel my visa. what should i do. what will happen to my visa

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties but one good thing for you now you have PR is that your husbands threats to cancel your visa are meaningless. You now have PR so you free to stay here and after another 2 years you can get citizenship. There is nothing he can do about it.

However, if he is still being this nasty and threatening, contact some of the organisations SiamSuzie told you about in getting help with family violence. A womens refuge or Legal Aid Centre can help explain your options and maybe get a Family Violence Order.

Don't put up with any threats or violence however minor and good luck

Guest navdeepkaur
Thats good.. Try and make an appointment on Monday morning if possible and let us know how you get on.

If you do find yourself in danger than the Police Phone No is 000.

Keep safe.

Susie x

hi i got my partner permanent residency subclass 100 three weeks ago. but me and my husband had fight he physically abuse me. i called the police and they told me to leave. i already left his house a week ago. but still he threars me to cancel my visa. i didnt do anything wrong. we had genuine relationship and i have all evidence like joint bank account, marriage certificate, wedding pics, home loan papers and other correspondences showing same address. my question is can he cancel my visa

hi i got my partner permanent residency subclass 100 three weeks ago. but me and my husband had fight he physically abuse me. i called the police and they told me to leave. i already left his house a week ago. but still he threars me to cancel my visa. i didnt do anything wrong. we had genuine relationship and i have all evidence like joint bank account, marriage certificate, wedding pics, home loan papers and other correspondences showing same address. my question is can he cancel my visa

As Boganbear said, now that you've got PERMANENT residency you are entitled to stay in your own right, regardless of what your husband does.

I'm very sorry to hear you're still having troubles with him but it sounds like you've made a positive step by moving out. Good luck.

Guest navdeepkaur
As Boganbear said, now that you've got PERMANENT residency you are entitled to stay in your own right, regardless of what your husband does.

I'm very sorry to hear you're still having troubles with him but it sounds like you've made a positive step by moving out. Good luck.

thanks for replying me but he continuously threating me to cancel my visa. do i need to tell department about my neww address because i m flying overseas after a week or can i do it when will i come back

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you - your husband cannot cancel your visa, he does not have any power to do that - you have your visa now, and it is a permanent visa, so you have nothing to fear.

Are you sure you still need to let immi know your address now that you have your permanent visa? If you do, then I think you are supposed to let them know within a couple of weeks of moving.

Take care and I hope you are now able to make a real new life in Australia xx

Guest navdeepkaur
Good luck and I hope everything works out for you - your husband cannot cancel your visa, he does not have any power to do that - you have your visa now, and it is a permanent visa, so you have nothing to fear.

Are you sure you still need to let immi know your address now that you have your permanent visa? If you do, then I think you are supposed to let them know within a couple of weeks of moving.

Take care and I hope you are now able to make a real new life in Australia xx

my question is we have joint account and i have my money in that account. can i withdrawl my money from that account. doesnt it ll look like i did joint account for my visa and after my PR i withdrawl money . also, i left him week ago and want to go overses can i go overseas without any problm

• 4 months later...
Guest sophie1108

Taytoconnorrs,

I received my letter regarding my Subclass 100 and they said processing times would be 6-8 months.

I see your note was written some time ago, what was the outcome for you?

Regards

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

I'm not Tatyoconnorrs (obviously :) ) but thought I'd reply anyway - I hope that is okay.:smile: I think the 6-8 time-frame may well be accurate. I submitted mine in October (a little bit late on my behalf but with reason) and am still waiting to hear.

Guest sophie1108

Hi Happy Lass,

Thats fine no worries.

I would have thought no news is good news. If they required any further information from you I am sure you would have heard from them.

Did your letter ask for any significant evidence in a change in the relationship? I am unsure what this means but would assume say if you were to get married in the time of your 2 years they would want proof of this? Nothing has changed for us in the 2 years, so again I assuming I do not need to send anything?

Thanks

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

The letter only asked us to advise of any changes to our circumstances such as a change in name, passport, contact details or family members. We applied for the 309 as a married couple and nothing has changed for us in the intervening 2 years either beyond my having started work. We were asked for certified copies of our passports etc., another form 80 and a Stat Dec including the name of two persons who could be contacted if needed. If you are uncertain of what to provide you could always e-mail or ring the 'Partner (Permanent) Processing Centre' mentioned in the letter to discuss. I had do that in October and found them to be very helpful.

Best of luck :hug:

Guest sophie1108

Happy Lass,

Sounds like we may have got the same letter!

Sorry for another question, but do you think there would be an issue in travelling abroad inbetween those 6-8 months?

It doesnt state whether I have to be in or out of the country when the visa is confirmed.

Thanks again,

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

You're very welcome and that is a very good question! I haven't the foggiest what the real answer is but I guess that would fall under the changes to contact details that they ask you about so you might need to drop them a line to let them know when you will be out of the country and how to reach you if they need to do so. I'd contact them to double-check on what the correct procedure is if I were you. :)

All the best :)

I had to ask them about this as we lodged in JAnuary and will be going home in June for a few weeks. They just said that you need to call or email and let them know you will be overseas and the dates. You're fine to travel on your 309 visa, they just want to be able to get hold of you if they need to.

Archived