Subclass 309 to 100 (PR) Processing times

Guest Taytoconnorrs

Guest Taytoconnorrs

Hi There

I've just applied for subclass 100 (PR) from a Subclass 309 (provisional resident) visa. I've been living onshore for 15 months. I'm told the processing times are 6-8 months. Does anyone have any experience with this process? Did it really take that long?

Cheers

Guest sophie1108

Hi, my 309 visa was granted in Sept 2010.

I know that in 2 years time, I will hopefully be granted the 100.

Can anyone tell me, what happens at that point? Do they want more proof of the relationship etc?

Also I have seen somewhere online that the 100 only gives you 5 years. Does that mean after 5 years you can apply for perm res? Sorry bit confused!

Thanks in advance.

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

It's 2 years and you'll receive the onshore 801 I believe. After living in Australia for 4 years, that is assuming you are here for most of that time, you become eligible to apply for citizenship.

I'm half-way through the 2 year provisional myself so I don't know the answer to your other question except to say that they will want to know that your relationship is still ongoing so I'm continuing to save everything just in case. I'm assuming that there will be more Stat Decs to write at the very least.

Congrats on getting your visa and all the best for the future. :smile:

Guest sophie1108
Hi Sophie,

It's 2 years and you'll receive the onshore 801 I believe. After living in Australia for 4 years, that is assuming you are here for most of that time, you become eligible to apply for citizenship.

I'm half-way through the 2 year provisional myself so I don't know the answer to your other question except to say that they will want to know that your relationship is still ongoing so I'm continuing to save everything just in case. I'm assuming that there will be more Stat Decs to write at the very least.

Congrats on getting your visa and all the best for the future. :smile:

Happylass, thanks for the reply. I actually found the following info after on - Aussizz Migration - Partner Visa: Spouse (Offshore)

What does this visa allows you to do?

This visa allows you to get permanent residency of Australia after 2 years by proof of genuine and continuing relationship with your partner.

During the initial 2 years of temporary visa (Subclass 309) you can:

• Live and work in Australia until the decision is made regarding your permanent visa

• Study in Australia at school or university (No 20 hour work limitation but cannot get access to Government funding for your study)

• May receive subsidized healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme

• Get an Australian Citizenship after 4 years of stay in Australia. (must be Permanent Residence (Visa Subclass 100) at least for an year)

Once you will grant permanent Visa (Subclass 100) you can:

• Live and work in Australia on a permanent basis without any condition

• Study in Australia at school or university (No need to pay international student fees and no 20 hour work limitation)

• Receive subsidized healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.

• Access certain social security payments (No waiting periods as you were 2 years on temporary visa)

visit:- www.centrelink.gov.au

• Get an Australian Citizenship after total period 4 years of stay in Australia. (Must be Permanent Residence (Visa Subclass 100) at least for a year)

• 7 months later...
Guest navdeepkaur

HI i have applied for subclass 100 in april 2011 and still waiting.can u tell me how long it ll take to get visa

Guest siamsusie
HI i have applied for subclass 100 in april 2011 and still waiting.can u tell me how long it ll take to get visa

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

That is a rather old thread there I am afraid.

Which country are you applying from for your 309/100? please?

Susie

Guest navdeepkaur

i had 309 visa and my two years are passed . applied for second stage permenent visa 100 in april 2011 and still waiting please tell me how long it will take to get granted as my husband is not in a good relation wd me

Guest siamsusie
i had 309 visa and my two years are passed . applied for second stage permenent visa 100 in april 2011 and still waiting please tell me how long it will take to get granted as my husband is not in a good relation wd me

I am sorry to hear this.

I would have thought you would have heard before now.. if you are experiencing problems due to your marriage breakdown then I would seek migration agent advice.

I really hope you will get some news shortly

Susie x

Guest navdeepkaur

thanks dear but i m alone here in australia and even my husband always threats me to cancel my visa. i applies for PR second stage in april 2011.do u know any idea about time line for visa please reply

Guest navdeepkaur
I am sorry to hear this.

I would have thought you would have heard before now.. if you are experiencing problems due to your marriage breakdown then I would seek migration agent advice.

I really hope you will get some news shortly

Susie x

hi can u please tell me what r my options or should i wait for my pr to get granted.he somtimes physically abuses me threats me to cancel visa

Guest siamsusie

There are very strict laws here in Australia to prevent and protect against domestic abuse in your situation.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1040.pdf

Do read through this link http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/38domestic.htm

Fact Sheet 38 - Family Violence Provisions

Partner visa applicants

If the applicant’s relationship breaks down after they have applied for permanent residence, and they can provide acceptable evidence under the Migration Regulations that they or their dependants have been the victim of family violence committed by their Australian partner, the applicant can still be considered for permanent residence.

The applicant will also have to satisfy the delegate that their relationship was genuine and continuing until it ceased.

Note: There are some variations within the Partner category visas in the eligibility to access the FVP. More information can be obtained from family violence contact officers in each state and territory office of the department.

If you would kindly tell me which state you are residing in, I will see if I can find an Immigration Advice Centre in your area.

I would say that seeing you almost qualify for your PR I cannot envisage too much of a problem, but I am only a lay person (not immigration trained) so its always better to seek professional advice.

Susie x

Guest navdeepkaur
There are very strict laws here in Australia to prevent and protect against domestic abuse in your situation.

Do read through this link http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/38domestic.htm

Fact Sheet 38 - Family Violence Provisions

Partner visa applicants

If the applicant’s relationship breaks down after they have applied for permanent residence, and they can provide acceptable evidence under the Migration Regulations that they or their dependants have been the victim of family violence committed by their Australian partner, the applicant can still be considered for permanent residence.

The applicant will also have to satisfy the delegate that their relationship was genuine and continuing until it ceased.

Note: There are some variations within the Partner category visas in the eligibility to access the FVP. More information can be obtained from family violence contact officers in each state and territory office of the department.

If you would kindly tell me which state you are residing in, I will see if I can find an Immigration Advice Centre in your area.

I would say that seeing you almost qualify for your PR I cannot envisage too much of a problem, but I am only a lay person (not immigration trained) so its always better to seek professional advice.

Susie x

Thanks dear problem is that i m not very much qualified and dont know much about this.i live in western australia .some body advice me to just wait for ur PR u r very close to it.but he absuses me everyday . now exactly three months have been passed since i lodged my second stage PR papers. we have home loan on both of our name and house too. but he is asking me money to get my PR. i just want to know how much i have to wait and bear all this.once i get my PR i ll show him wat a women can do.so please help me dear in timeline

Guest siamsusie

Navdeepkaur,

I will send you a personal message and try and give you some good places for advice..

May I just say that your PR has already been paid for in your initial application fee so dont worry about money.

Regarding your time frame, I would have thought hopefully it wouldnt have been too long for you, but you really do need immediate assistance regarding the abuse and also to obtain your legal rights.

I have given you some phone numbers to call, these organisations are well equipped to point you in the right direction. I do hope you have a friend or two to support you on this, its so hard going it alone.

Australian Immigration Advice Centre

45 Ventnor Avenue, West Perth WA 6005

(08) 9429 8861 ‎

http://www.womenscouncil.com.au/womens-refuges.html

Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline

1800 007 339 (FreeCall)

Crisis Care

1800 199 008 (FreeCall)

http://www.womenscouncil.com.au/get-help.html

http://www.womenscouncil.com.au/centrelink-crisis-payment.html

Susie x

Guest navdeepkaur

so wat evidence i need to prove that he is abusing me.my brother living wd me and he sometimes physically abuse my brother as well

Guest siamsusie

I think you seek immediate immigration help and advice.

Immigration have to satisfy themselves that you are both in an on going and genuine relationship, and usually on the 2nd stage you would have been asked to submit further proof.

If your husband is threatening to go to DIAC (Immigration) then I think it is better to seek this advice before he carries out this threat.

I cannot anticipate when your PR will be granted, but to seek good advice could well be in your best interest for your future safe being.

Susie x

Guest siamsusie

I think I might have found you an organisation more suited to your needs.

AUSTRALIAN ASIAN ASSOCIATION OF WA INC

Phone: (08) 9328 6202 (Perth)

Phone: (08) 9328 1160 (Youth Coordinator)

Phone: (08) 9328 4696 (Community Liaison Officer)

Phone: (08) 9228 9833 (Aged Care Programme – Triple A Care)

Phone: (08) 9300 2710 (Joondalup)

Mon – Fri: 9am – 5pm

We assist migrants with settlement process. Our services include: advocacy, assistance with accessing housing, employment, education and English, referals to relevant service providors, support groups, information sessions and other activities, emergency relief by appointment, free legal and immigration advice and no interest loans for household items. Advice given for Domestic Violence.

Guest navdeepkaur

thanks dear i have all proofs like morgage papers loan papers under both of our names,bank statements, bills and also i come to knoe they r processing january cases and mine is in april so i m very close

Guest siamsusie

Thats good.. Try and make an appointment on Monday morning if possible and let us know how you get on.

If you do find yourself in danger than the Police Phone No is 000.

Keep safe.

Susie x

Guest siamsusie

At the end of your 2 year period, you should have been contacted by DIAC for further information

example.. 2 witness statements to confirm that your marriage is genuine

and maybe one or two other pieces of evidence.

If they have not contacted you, then you must call them for the forms to be sent out. Confirm that they have the correct address.

This has then to be submitted and the time frame can be from 4 - 20 weeks.

When DIAC are satisfied they will then give you your PR

Guest navdeepkaur

thanks dear i have submitted all papers eg stat decs nd all papers of second stage partner visa documents in march as my two years were dur in april.so far 12 weeks have been passed but problm is that my husband threats me to cancel my visa so i want to get Pr before he could do anything. please tell me should i wait

Guest siamsusie

I have given you all the organisations above, please do try and call them on Monday.

I am delighted your paperwork has been submitted and fingers crossed fro you,

Keep safe.:hug: please.

Susie x