register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

clairerichie

Non Dependent Children - HELP

Can anybody help us!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are all set to put in our Visa Immigration Application, my husband has a daughter from a previous relationship who is 12, do we have to declare her on on visa application as a non-dependent - he has no parental responsibility for her, as this lies with her mum,

Thanks

Claire:yes:

Guest Sue1203

Hi ya

Yes you would have too....my oh is the same, he has a 10yr old who will not be emigrating with us and we had to put her on the visa application and also I am not sure what the relationship is like between him and the mother but she has to sign a declaration also or if in our case, his ex wouldn't but we were still able to proceed, I think he had to sign a declaration stating that the mother wouldn't sign it and also she will have do the medicals and we got police clearance for her also. Hope this helps, anything else, let me know.

Sue

x:goofy:(this is how I am feeling, waiting on WA SMP's!!!!)

Hi Sue, sorry but can you just explain what you had to do, as we have been waiting for her to send photographs now for eight weeks, and has sent nothing, what was the declaration that she had to sign???? What if she refuses to do the medicals??? Thanks Claire

Guest Sue1203

Hi ya

We went and got photos done ourselves...she is to sign a declaration so that she can be included on the visa but she wouldn't so our agent sent another form for himself to sign instead (I will dig out the forms that they emailed and forward them onto u). We went and booked the meds etc without her bit we did need her passport!!!! It's funny we r trying to give her a better future and the mother didn't want too!!!! Some people r funny...hope I have helped, anything else and let me know

Sue

X

Guest carlj3108

Hiya....

what happens if you have no contact with the child or mother, and no idea of there whereabouts?

Hiya....

what happens if you have no contact with the child or mother, and no idea of there whereabouts?

You still put them on the forms, but also supply a stat decs that states you have no contact and no idea where they are.

Guest visa-pending

We are all set to put in our Visa Immigration Application, my husband has a daughter from a previous relationship who is 12, do we have to declare her on on visa application as a non-dependent - he has no parental responsibility for her, as this lies with her mum,

Thanks

Hi, we have just received our visas and I also have a daughter from a previous relationship who is not going with us. The problem, as I understand it, is if you do not include them as a non-migrating applicant, if anything were ever to happen to the childs mother and she/he needed to come and live with you, there could be complications in obtaining a visa if the child should fail a medical or if over sixteen not have a clear police record. By including them initially then they are pre-approved for entry into Australia. As I say this is only my understanding of what I have been told, my daughter was on the application but did not get a visa, but would be allowed a visa if anything were to happen to her mother. I hope this is helpful.

Yes, you include details on the visa application form.

Complications such as having non migrating children from a previous relationship are reasons why many choose to engage a competent migration advisor to assist with the visa application - particularly where contact with the child/the other nature parent is infrequent or non existent.

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Guest carlj3108
You still put them on the forms, but also supply a stat decs that states you have no contact and no idea where they are.

Thanks Peach,

is the stat declaration in the way of a letter from myself stating this information?

thanks

Thanks

May I suggest that if you have an issue that involves the welfare of a child, a public forum is not the best place to seek advice. Depending on the level of cooperation between the custodial parent and the non-custodial parent, there could be several options.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Guest bkicb
Hi, we have just received our visas and I also have a daughter from a previous relationship who is not going with us. The problem, as I understand it, is if you do not include them as a non-migrating applicant, if anything were ever to happen to the childs mother and she/he needed to come and live with you, there could be complications in obtaining a visa if the child should fail a medical or if over sixteen not have a clear police record. By including them initially then they are pre-approved for entry into Australia. As I say this is only my understanding of what I have been told, my daughter was on the application but did not get a visa, but would be allowed a visa if anything were to happen to her mother. I hope this is helpful.

Hi Visa Pending,

Congratz with your visa, I guess you should change your username to visa approved...:wink:

anyways, did your online electronic application status inquiry (online) w/ DIAC stated a health requirement/medical examination for your daughter from your previous marriage? and did she undergo this health exam?

My child from my previous relationship did not appear on the Electronic Application Status inquiry of DIAC, thus no health/medical requirement is required and outstanding?

Is this maybe becuase my child is also illegitimate?

Sorry for the three questions above. I hope to extract some info from your experience though.

thanks.