The 'Happiness' Thread.

Guest guest37336

Guest guest37336

Just got back in and on the radio I heard Mr Cameron saying that one of the latest ideas he has is try and make everyone a bit happier in the UK, (who said Quangos were dead, :shocked:), kidding aside I could see what he was trying to say, but I fear it will all be vain.

They also interviewed a professor who had a scale of happiness, the scale went form 1 to 10. One being in the pits of despair, and ten being absolutely at peace with yourself and your surroundings. They even interviewed several people who were asked several questions.

1. How loved do you feel?

2. How happy do you feel?

3. What's the first thing you think of in the morning?

4. If all material wealth was taken away today, what would you have left?

They were the four key questions that 'apparently' can surmise how happy you are, mmmmm, think it could be a bit deeper than that, but there you go.

The vast majority of respondents said that they were relatively happy, and answered the questions as 'honestly' as they could. The professor then went on to mark them, overall they were in the 7's, 8's, 9's and even one ten. Except for one poor bugger who scored 2, no job, no family, etc, and he truly sounded very depressed.:cry:

So on a scale of 1-10 how would you mark yourself, honesty now folks.

I would do it a bit differently, I would definitely say that I was a ten in relation to the key questions, but the professor made one point that I didn't quite understand. She said that to accept things that you cannot change will ultimately lead to happiness as well, I tend to disagree.

It's a VERY personal point of view, but to try and want to change things that are allegedly out of out control can surely be the driving force behind 'happiness'. Some say that to accept certain issues will lead to a life where you can be happy, but is that 'accepting' that things are just the way it is, and that is the way they will always be.

So in a rather confused and complicated way I guess I am asking how would you rate your life at the moment, family etc are all important, and indeed if EVERYTHING else went tomorrow I would be very happy, but I would still want to see change bought about.

The strange thing is this. That whilst I often crave and clamour for change it truly doesn't make me unhappy, the reverse in actual fact. If I succeed all well and good, but if I fail then so be it. In actual fact I am ecstatic that I hope to raise certain issues, it is the ONE driving force that makes me get up every day.

Of course my family comes first, but in all honesty if you don't have a 'realistic' dream that you want to achieve can you ever be truly happy, even if you never get to acheive it.

Sorry, long and bloody boring I know, but thought it worth asking.:mad:

Cheer Tony.:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Jeeeeeez Tony

theres so many variables and if i had to be honest, i would say i am hovering around the 7' mark.

I am happy with life, but i think i would be happier in Australia, its the weather thing you know, i think i suffer from SAD.

9 ,would be 10 but she doesnt rate me hoovering:mad:

7,Lpool are playing garbage,hse selling not going great,work situ grim,but ive got me health(touchwood),and ive got jan she's a starbar,THE best thing thats ever happened to me,except for me week in istanbul for the 05 champions lge final:biglaugh:kidding:wideeyed:

And it was her who said get 2thou off the hse to go:notworthy:and at least i have a visa,loads on here are struggling for one,so gotta be gratefull for the good things

A ciggie! tea! liverpool football club

My family,and jan,my health(touchwood)and ~~~~~~~ liverpool football club:mad:

Dont rate the last two do i tone?:wubclub:

Guest guest37336

9 ,would be 10 but she doesnt rate me hoovering:mad:

7,Lpool are playing garbage,hse selling not going great,work situ grim,but ive got me health(touchwood),and ive got jan she's a starbar,THE best thing thats ever happened to me,except for me week in istanbul for the 05 champions lge final:biglaugh:kidding:wideeyed:

And it was her who said get 2thou off the hse to go:notworthy:and at least i have a visa,loads on here are struggling for one,so gotta be gratefull for the good things

A ciggie! tea! liverpool football club

My family,and jan,my health(touchwood)and ~~~~~~~ liverpool football club:mad:

Dont rate the last two do i tone?:wubclub:

Have to agrre with the above mate, except. Ciggy and THE ASHES.:policeman::shocked::biglaugh:

Guest guest37336
Jeeeeeez Tony

theres so many variables and if i had to be honest, i would say i am hovering around the 7' mark.

I am happy with life, but i think i would be happier in Australia, its the weather thing you know, i think i suffer from SAD.

Hi Jim.

Sevens not bad mate, but I reckon you are right, Australia would up to around 8 or 9 I reckon matey.:wubclub::wink:

At the moment I would say a 5 or 6. A few rubbish things happenning at the mo. But once I am with my man and start my job I suspect I will zoom to a 9 or even 10.

Seeing Steve. Followed by worrying about my Mum and Dad. Oh, then wishing I could go back to sleep :biggrin:

The most incredible relationship with a gorgeous man who adores me :wubclub:

I'm not very happy at the moment! Don't feel very loved either lol!

If material things were taken away I'd still have my family and friends :)

I'd say a 6 overall.

Here's some love for you Brit :hug:

When you leave for Oz with that amazing adventure ahead of you, your life will change for the better :yes::wubclub:

Guest guest30085

By family and friends - yes very. I am lucky that a have a great network behind me.

About a 5

Oh god, do I have to get up again or

Oh god, I hope it hasnt snowed because I cant go to work which results in question 4

What I have got now - bugger all :biglaugh:

Ok, that sounds all depressive and negative, but Im studying so cant work much and the business isnt great anyway at the moment :goofy:

I know my time isnt now, I know that I have to go through the motions (and crap) to finally achieve what I want to. But ask me in a years time when I have Finally finished my blummin degree and hopefully get a decent job again (whether its in UK or OZ) and I think things will be much brighter :biggrin:

I felt happy just looking at BobJ's picture, I love seeing other people happy, it makes me feel good.

Probably an 8.5... I have a little one who loves me, a family who love me even if they are far away. I am single so I guess the right person could shift that score up a little but I don't feel lacking and feel a whole lot more loved than I was when married. My home is full of love.

7 I guess, I have some injuries but I am appreciative that this is temporary, have a lot of stresses to deal with but I am right now with two of my favourite people in the world and and that gives me so much pleasure. I am also facing something terrifying to me so that brings down my score somewhat and someone I love is having a hard time and that worries me. I'm generally a happy person though.

Depends on the morning, this morning was fairly familiar, thinking that I had heard little one starting to move around (I was right) and a couple of times lately I have woken feeling as though I must have had some pretty good dreams.

It already was. I won't say it makes life easy but it is far from the worst thing in the world, I am left with a beautiful healthy child, a family who love me (albeit from afar) a couple of friends who I wish lived closer but are close to my heart, my senses to see beautiful things, hear music, taste chocolate, smell the frangipani blossom and touch my little one's soft skin. It has been quite a lesson for me to lose close to everything material. I miss the feeling of security and there are times it gets scary, I had to learn to accept help which I found very hard.

Lots ! :wubclub: By my 2 Children who tell me everymorn that they Love me , by my OH who we don't see very often but when he walks threw the door after months away :biglaugh: he fights his way threw the children and the gsd just to give me his first hug ( sounds sick * vomit lol we pretend to not like each other in public lol ) !

I'm happy , i would be happier if my family could be together a little more be in the same country that would be good sometimes lol

:tongue:

:chatterbox:Whats the time ! and why is julius ( he is 3 ) in the bathroom wearing my makeup lol :biglaugh:

:wubclub: Love from the strongest people i have known in my life thats the HUbby and my children . I don't need material wealth :wubclub: i love nature and people to much to worry about that

So a 8

Brides x

P.s Bob ty x

Archived