One Way Flights

murky

Hi All

Myself, my wife and 2 teenage kids have just got our PR visas. I have been looking at flights online for probably August 2011 but can't find any good deals on one way migrant flights. One way seems to cost as much as a return. Is there such a thing or am i looking in the wrong places?

Thanks

Murky

I'm afraid one way flights are almost the same as a return. Kayak is one of my favourite apps!

Hi Jodie

You've changed your picture since last time i was on Cat 3 thread, hope you are well?

I will have a look at Kayak. The aus gov give out a website when you get your visa that gives you a quote especially for one way migrant travel - what a rip off!!

Thanks

Mrs Murky

Guest pandj6224

According to Qantas, they do good deals on Migrant flights and if you haven't activated your visa's yet they will allow 40KG of baggage per person.....

May well be worth a phonecall,

Pat..

Yes I changed it yesterday,got fed up seeing 3 little monsters all the time! :o

the roo looks nice and chilled unlike me who is still waiting for WA SMP!!

Hi jodie

You still seem to be in good spirits and i hope you don't have too much longer to wait now. i have just had a little look at Cat 3 thread and noticed Milkymoos have a visa, i am sooo happy they will be there before me!

Mrs Murky

Hi jodie

You still seem to be in good spirits and i hope you don't have too much longer to wait now. i have just had a little look at Cat 3 thread and noticed Milkymoos have a visa, i am sooo happy they will be there before me!

Mrs Murky

Good spirits! What vodka??? Good days and bad I suppose!

According to Qantas, they do good deals on Migrant flights and if you haven't activated your visa's yet they will allow 40KG of baggage per person.....

Pat..

people that have tried this route have reported that the migrant fares are equivalent to a normal fare + the cost of the excess baggage = so no saving...

Pat..

Hi

Quantas was the quote given to us on the site that the aus gov gave to us with the visa approval and it was way above a normal return flight we were really shocked. I might ring Quantas instead like you said it might be worth a try direct.

Thanks

Mrs Murky

Good spirits! What vodka??? Good days and bad I suppose!

Hi

Oh so its vodka thats keeping you going? i'll try that. At the moment i keep getting the jitters thinking are we doing the right thing? i'm driving Murky mad.:wacko:

Mrs Murky

people that have tried this route have reported that the migrant fares are equivalent to a normal fare + the cost of the excess baggage = so no saving...

Hi Peach

Yeah they do seem to be charging more for a one way fare. Its a bit rubbish really!

Thanks

Mrs Murky

Guest pandj6224
Singapore air also do the double baggage allowance for a pr visa! I know who I would rather fly with! Lol

Hi Murky

Just got back from Brisbane, flew with Singapore A380 out lol...777 on the way back....No seriously though they were great, it's the second time we have flown long haul with them and I'd have no problem reccomending them to anyone....

Just had a look at one of the well known travel companies to get an idea, the cheapest fare I found to Brisbane (thats we we will be flying to) was £649 one way, I just picked a random date, thats another thing if your flexible it's well worth checking a couple of days either side of the date you initially set yourself......

Pat

When I was looking (though not a PR visa) I found emirates to be the cheapest and one way flights seemed to only be a couple of hundred cheaper though... But if you asked then got the luggage allowance. Worth just phoning someone like flightcentre (who did end up being cheapest for me) and askign what they can find really

Check out AirAsia.com.

You need to book 2 flights.

1. London Stansted to Kuala Lumpar

2. KL to Australia.

They are a budget airline but they often do cheap deals.

If you do this then please allow a long layover in KL. Air Asia doesn’t do through ticketing and you could be in a world of pain if one of your flights is late or cancelled.

Try airasia.com. They charge per each way, so a one way flight is sometimes less than half the price of a return. Best route is london stansted to melbourne, because its a connecting flight. If you want to fly to any other of the state capitals, you have to change flights in KL, which can be a hassle for a host of reasons. They do good promos too, hope this helps.

Pat..

Wow I wish I knew this when I came over with them, I spent awhile on the floor with my suitcase lid open offering people some of my stuff as I was well over the limit. I got rid of some but I still ended up paying 100 pound fee :mad:

Wow I wish I knew this when I came over with them, I spent awhile on the floor with my suitcase lid open offering people some of my stuff as I was well over the limit. I got rid of some but I still ended up paying 100 pound fee :mad:

See the other comments in the thread, the Qantas migrant 'special' fares cost a lot more than a normal ticket - so you don't get any saving..

Guest pandj6224

What a nightmare, I presume they knew you were migrating in which you would have thought someone could have been more helpful......

As we have already activated we wouldn't be entitled to the extra allowance but rest assured I will be phoning around the airline companies to ask because...there are only two answers.......simply a yes or no will do and if a yes, a letter confirming would be nice......

Anyone else tried this ???

Regards to you all....

Pat...