Guest mike1

2 nd stage spouse visa

Guest mike1

hey does anyone know how immigration usually contact when visa has gone through from provisional to permanent! thanks

I'm a year away from the second stage version myself, however I did receive a letter to tell me what to expect at the next stage... can't find it at the moment but if memory serves, they will write to you approximately two months before you reach the 2 year mark. It also said to get in touch with them if you haven't heard anything so presumably that means you are welcome to give them a ring or pop into your local DIAC office to find out more.

All the best. :smile:

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff.”

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Im at the same stage i have contacted immigration on the date which you would of received when you done the first part of the spouse visa I been told i should receive a pack before the end of February which needs to be return with in 90 days if i haven't received i have to contact them to get the pack sent out

Guest Marcsi

For us they just mailed the forms and we'll have to return them in 45 days. (820 to 801, we are married) We received it a bit less than 6 weeks before the 2-year turn of the application date.