ozsurfie

Where to take 2 poms to see Sydney

Hi all - hopefully some great ideas come from this request . Have 3 days in Sydney mid dec in which to show friends from back home around sydney .

Where do we go ?

Cheers

Guest cazbeckham

Ok you asked for it.

Day 1 - get yourselves a pass to go into the Sydney Aquarium + Sydney Wildlife World + Sydney Tower + Oceanworld Manly - we have done the first three and was a fantastic day, well worth it.

Day 2 - Blue Mountains - not to be missed if visiting Sydney

Day 3 - Ferry to Manly or Taronga Zoo - or Bridge Climb - or Paddy's Market - or just sightseeing the City.

WE had three days with our Son and his Fiance in Jan this year and we certainly did the Aquarium etc, Paddy's Market with trip on the Monorail and the Blue Mountains.

Did not have time for the ferry to Manly.

Oh and also go to Darling Harbour - beautiful.

Hope that helps and have a great time.

If you go up the Tower in Sydney - recommended we went both during the day and again in the evening.

Oz Tower is great,

The Bridge Walk

Dinner in Darling Harbour and chinatown

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

ferry to Manly is brilliant, pretty cheap, wonderful views of the bay and manly is gorgeous, have some dinner walk on the beachs

we also had dinner in the revolving tower (thinks is the ATM tower) which was pretty cool

have fun

x

23/11/08 skills ass passed. 24/11/08 online 175 applied for. Feb 09 NBV reg'. 14/05/09 CO assigned 11/06/09.

Visa granted 16-7-09, flew out Sept 10- now living the dream and loving it, Whoopy

melbourne has all those lovely arcades to wander in - does sydney have anything similar ( except for the QVB)

There are some lovely cobbled alleys to explore up at the Rocks ( far end of Circular Quay ) Nurses walk is good for some stunning little shops.My favourite is the button shop.

Sydney Hospital ( not far from the Botanic Gardens ) is worth a walk around.Beautiful building.

I no longer skinny dip,I now chunky dunk:laugh:

Hi all - hopefully some great ideas come from this request . Have 3 days in Sydney mid dec in which to show friends from back home around sydney .

Where do we go ?

Cheers

If they like walking start at the opera house and walk through the botanic gardens, round the harbour, to Woolloomooloo Bay. Check out the restaurants on the finger wharf where the hotel is. Spectacular views from there. Good for a relax but a bit on the pricey side.

There is a nice open air cinema in the botanic gardens, which is different for someone visiting from the UK.

If the harbour bridge climb is a bit expensive (I reckon it is) a walk over the normal path is still nice and gives you some good views. You can visit Kirribily Park and there is a great outdoor pool near the bridge, if you fancy a cooling swim.