Please tell me isnt not true

mandymcqueen

Guest ppzppzppz

AFter finishing my study, I applied for TR and that put me pn bridging Visa...

While being on bridging Visa, after 4 months I applied for my PR..

SO its not true that u can not apply for other visa while being on bridging visa..

AFter finishing my study, I applied for TR and that put me pn bridging Visa...

While being on bridging Visa, after 4 months I applied for my PR..

SO its not true that u can not apply for other visa while being on bridging visa..

Your post is very brief but I will assume you held a student visa and applied for a subclass 485 TR visa. Once on a bridging visa you then applied for a subclass 885 PR visa.

It is possible to apply for a subclass 885 PR visa while the holder of certain Bridging visas as long as you meet certain requirements including that; you “held an eligible student visa at any time during the period of 6 months ending immediately before the day on which the application is made”.

Guest ppzppzppz

@ABA

yes, you r right... I applied for PR withing 6 months of finishing my study

can u help me out with this one?

I am on bridging visa and I have applied for both PR/TR..

I applied TR before 11 months and PR before 7 months.

Now I am planning to invite my wife to Australia on visitors visa.

My question is " once i get my TR or PR approved, is it possible for her to apply for PR/TR while being on visiting visa? or she need to go back and apply for PR/TR and then wait for the approval to come back?

Please guide me..

WHat should i do?

No I was on a student visa until August this year then applied for a graduation visa which is currently taking over 1 year to process, so I am currently on a bridging visa. I would be looking to apply for RSMS or ENS early next year, so as I am on a bridging visa waiting for a graduation visa does this mean I cant apply until the graduation visa has been granted??

You can apply for ENS/RSMS it will just be offshore one if your 485 has not come through and an onshore one if you are granted the 485, you then might be able to get fee free if you have also lodged 885/6.

Hope this makes sense:-)

you can re-lodge 885/886 only if you are on 485 visa or bridging to 485. If you are bridging to 885/886 and you don't have substantial visa (student or 485) you can't. Otherwise people like me can lodge new 885/886 on every new move by DIAC.hope this will help.

you can re-lodge 885/886 only if you are on 485 visa or bridging to 485. If you are bridging to 885/886 and you don't have substantial visa (student or 485) you can't. Otherwise people like me can lodge new 885/886 on every new move by DIAC.hope this will help.

sorry I forgot about ENS/RSMS or SMP (if you applied before 1st July ) are the options still available.or you can lodge fresh 175/176.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scottndina
Your post is very brief but I will assume you held a student visa and applied for a subclass 485 TR visa. Once on a bridging visa you then applied for a subclass 885 PR visa.

It is possible to apply for a subclass 885 PR visa while the holder of certain Bridging visas as long as you meet certain requirements including that; you “held an eligible student visa at any time during the period of 6 months ending immediately before the day on which the application is made”.

Does it mean that they would automatically put somebody on a bridging visa? If my mother comes to Australia from Russia on Visitor visa and then applies for a non-contributory Aged parent visa, will she have to apply for a bridging visa separately to remain in Australia until the decision is made on her Aged visa? From the post above it appears that it would happen automatically for on-shore application.

Can somebody please clarify this for me?

Thanks in advance!

Dina

Archived