and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest jains005

Need some advice on Decision Ready Application...please

Guest jains005

Hi

Can someone tell me if Decision Ready Application will be helpful for cat 3 or 4 applicants to get a CO soon? And will it help to speed up the cat 2 application?

Thanks in advance

Hi

Can someone tell me if Decision Ready Application will be helpful for cat 3 or 4 applicants to get a CO soon? And will it help to speed up the cat 2 application?

Thanks in advance

Due to the release of the SMP’s, Brisbane has announced changes to the DRC process.

· No longer accepting DRC for priority 3 applications;

· DRC only available to priority 2 (SMP applications);

· DRC only available if application is decision ready at time of application. Applications made decision ready at a later date will not be allocated to a case officer under DRC guidelines;

· DRC must be lodged within 72 hours of lodging the visa application;

· DRC applications will now take up to 28 days to be allocated to a case officer;

· Even 485 and 887 will need to be decision ready at time of application to be able to access DRC. These will be allocated within 14 days.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Guest jains005
Due to the release of the SMP’s, Brisbane has announced changes to the DRC process.

· No longer accepting DRC for priority 3 applications;

· DRC only available to priority 2 (SMP applications);

· DRC only available if application is decision ready at time of application. Applications made decision ready at a later date will not be allocated to a case officer under DRC guidelines;

· DRC must be lodged within 72 hours of lodging the visa application;

· DRC applications will now take up to 28 days to be allocated to a case officer;

· Even 485 and 887 will need to be decision ready at time of application to be able to access DRC. These will be allocated within 14 days.

Hi ABA

thank you very much for your input. Is there Decision Ready Application for offshore applicants? Do the same rules apply? If i front load all the documents how fast can i get a CO with this?

thank you...

Hi ABA

thank you very much for your input. Is there Decision Ready Application for offshore applicants? Do the same rules apply? If i front load all the documents how fast can i get a CO with this?

thank you...

DRC is for certain on shore applications being processed by the Brisbane Processing centre.

Raul T Senise

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Guest jains005
DRC is for certain on shore applications being processed by the Brisbane Processing centre.

Hi ABA.. Oh it's totally confusing... I'm offshore (176) and just jumped to Cat 2 with NT smp. My agent is advising me to go for Decision Ready Application as i would get my CO quicker than otherwise. Says it is an option given to registered agents to apply for their clients from Nov 10. How far you think it is useful for me as im in cat 2 now and a March 2009 applicant?

Thank you...

So far as I know the DRC only pertains to employer sponsored permanent residency visa applications, and to onshore priority cat 2 skilled applications - not to offshore skilled cases.

Am happy to be corrected if someone can send a link confirming otherwise.

To the OP: check this with your agent.

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Guest jains005
So far as I know the DRC only pertains to employer sponsored permanent residency visa applications, and to onshore priority cat 2 skilled applications - not to offshore skilled cases.

Am happy to be corrected if someone can send a link confirming otherwise.

To the OP: check this with your agent.

Best regards.

Thanks a lot Alan. Same is the idea i got about DRC from the posts of George over here. That's the reason i decided to put up the issue here. No idea why my agent advises me so. And she is the best in the team and possibility is less she goes wrong. You think it's worth doing it, if it's possible, paying $500 as i'm cat 2 and a March 09 applicant?

I too have been told by my Agent that my application which was submitted 2 weeks ago went in as a decision ready application - to be honest I didn’t think there was any difference between a DRC or anyone else applying under the same regulations. I am applying under a 176 with SA SS so as yet no SMP (although you would like to think, if your trade is on the interim list then it should be offered the same under their SMP so should jump to Cat two on its release, but when did common sense seem to be involved with SMPs????????)

SO, could someone please tell me, what is the difference between Mr A Another applying for a 176 SS visa that a DRC submitted 176 SS by a migration agent? For me, I didn’t think there was, but please correct me if I am wrong.

08/06/10 TRA received 26/10/10 SA SS Approved 14/11/10. VISA APP lodged 19th Nov 2010 -CO 21/02/11 - VISA GRANTED 08/03/11 ARRIVED IN ADELAIDE 18 July 2011 AND LOVING EVERY SECOND:

Hi ABA.. Oh it's totally confusing... I'm offshore (176) and just jumped to Cat 2 with NT smp. My agent is advising me to go for Decision Ready Application as i would get my CO quicker than otherwise. Says it is an option given to registered agents to apply for their clients from Nov 10. How far you think it is useful for me as im in cat 2 now and a March 2009 applicant?

Thank you...

I have not heard of DRC being introduced for offshore 176 applications.

I can advise however, from firsthand experience, that applications with SMP sponsorship are already being processed by DIAC.

Raul T Senise

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

I too have been told by my Agent that my application which was submitted 2 weeks ago went in as a decision ready application - to be honest I didn’t think there was any difference between a DRC or anyone else applying under the same regulations. I am applying under a 176 with SA SS so as yet no SMP (although you would like to think, if your trade is on the interim list then it should be offered the same under their SMP so should jump to Cat two on its release, but when did common sense seem to be involved with SMPs????????)

SO, could someone please tell me, what is the difference between Mr A Another applying for a 176 SS visa that a DRC submitted 176 SS by a migration agent? For me, I didn’t think there was, but please correct me if I am wrong.

There is a difference between an application being “decision ready” and the “decision ready checklist”.

“Decision Ready” simply means that an application has been lodged complete with all information and documentation required. This alone will not give an application priority processing but can help to speed up processing once the application is allocated to a case officer.

“Decision Ready Checklist” is an initiative adopted by the Brisbane processing centre for some on-shore applications and recently also adopted for ENS and RSMS applications. This is a specific initiative where the application will be given priority if an Agent attests to the fact that the application is decision ready. It only applies to specific applications in specific circumstances.

Raul T Senise

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

Guest jains005

Thanks ABA and Alan for your valuable and timely inputs... Reading everything together i think i will not go for it...