Geelong meet

Guest guest36762

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roaminnomore

We arrived (Noodle) so, been reading through the thread and my it has grown :biggrin:. Could you please clarify the date, time and venue, we will be there. Ley x

Guest guest36762
Can we now pick a venue as its only a 3 weeks away. Belmont hotel is ok, but i think a pub in town might be better.

I nominate scottish chiefs

Guest guest36762

OK, Scottish Chiefs it is then, 6pm on Friday 25/2

see you there, roll call, shout yes if you're definately coming

Pozz

Optimist

Pezz

AnnaBay

Noodle

Bernie

Welshchick

Tralaah

brumbrum

heieup

OK, Scottish Chiefs it is then, 6pm on Friday 25/2

see you there, roll call, shout yes if you're definately coming

Pozz

Optimist

Pezz

AnnaBay

Noodle

Bernie

Welshchick

Tralaah

brumbrum

heieup

Hi all we'll get there for 6 but we'll have our little lad with us, ( we haven't been here long enough yet to leave him anywhere) So we'll just stay for a couple of drinks just to say hello. If this is OK?

There's a good group on in the botanic gardens on sunday 5pm start , they're called Donegal Express . We saw them last year . Its $15 pp but kids go free , people take picnics , drink etc . We're off there if anyone's going , weather permitting . :biggrin:

Don't really fancy the orchestra one on saturday . Yes Harpodom we'll be at the scottish chiefs

Guest Guest37175

Hi everyone, Harpdom is taking a well earned rest from posting for a few weeks, but he has asked me to pass on a message that he's looking forward to meeting as many folk as can possibly make the meet-up at The Scottish Chiefs on Friday Feb 25th from 6pm onwards.

Hope you have a cracking evening.

Oz

Guest Debpaul

Hi. We have justed moved into Geelong and heard about meet . Would love to come along and meet people. Moved from mcr and been here for 5 weeks. Debbie & Paul

First off let me say thanks to Harpodom for organising a great night. It was great meeting you all we are fairly recent to the country and thank you for making us so welcome, and i hope some great friendships blossom from this get together.

Chris, Sue and James (the little un)

For anyone living in or around Geelong, can you recommend areas to live, will possibly be working in Melbourne and doing the commute, but would really welcome any advice on areas. If it helps to show what we're looking for....i'm a nurse, OH, David is painter & decorator, looking to start up his own business agin in Oz, have family 4,6,16 and 19, with 23yr old to follow. So we'll be looking for somewhere with reasonable commute distance to Melbourne, good transport links, schools, university access, etc. Many thanks

Hi Coxy, Geelong is about an hours train ride from central melbourne, it also has a a unviersity (Deakin) which seems pretty good. There are lots of decent areas between Geelong and Melbourne it depends what you want. Geelong is a city which is nice with a good shopping centre and nicely spread out, and is just right for us. If you want a bit quieter then Lare is quiet which cheap rentals and good homes. Werribee seems nice and has a great zoo, also resonably priced housing. Point Cook/Sanctuary Lakes to be honest the houses for the price are stunning with plenty of land. However I found it a bit sterile here ( I have only visited a couple of times though). The best thing to do is decide where to head for first then have an explore and decide where to settle but thus far we haven't seen a bad area.

It is now 1.30 am and I have just got in after attending the Geelong meet that Harpodom arranged ......... what a brilliant night.

Lots of talk, lots of wine and lots of laughs.

Let's hope that this happens on a regular basis.

Look forward to seeing you all again......soon

Gill

Archived