Agent closing shop, help please!

tikbalang

You can contact DIAC and basically sack your agent and then deal with the process personally from now on.

If you have lodged and you have SS I think you would be guided enough by PIO's to carry on with the process from here.

Good luck

Shane

There are a number of past threads about agents folding-however Gill otherwise known as 'Gollywobbler' will hep you I am sure- she is a moderator on here with formidable knowledge. As you have already lodged an application there may be some from filling required so that you can access your application etc but please do gain advice from Gill about this and search for similar threads. wishing you the best :snowman1:

Thanks. It's just one letdown after another.

I was hopin the hurting stops with the release of the SMP, but now i have to deal with my agent folding.

Had SS and already lodged with DIAC, but totally confused and in utter mess at the moment.

Which form would I have to fill up then? Looked at DIAC website but couldn't find the one regarding agent, or I'm just in utter disarray at the moment.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99027-thinking-australia-have-they-gone-bust.html

Hi please have a look at this link - on page 3 Gollywobbler provides a number of links which may be of help to you. It is a frustrating process at the best of times but a nightmare when things feel like they are going wrong at every stage. there are some brilliant migration agents on here to whom Gollywobbler also refers to in the thread-I wish you luck once more and hope this is of help to you :)

Guest Susan Wareham McGrath
Thanks. It's just one letdown after another.

I was hopin the hurting stops with the release of the SMP, but now i have to deal with my agent folding.

Had SS and already lodged with DIAC, but totally confused and in utter mess at the moment.

Which form would I have to fill up then? Looked at DIAC website but couldn't find the one regarding agent, or I'm just in utter disarray at the moment.

Hi tikbalang

It's a Form 956.

Cheers

Susan

Guest VickyMel
just sent the form today.

excuse me for my ignorance but do DIAC send a confirmation afterwards? haven't received anything yet.

with my agent no longer my authorised recipient, when does that take effect?

Hi Tikbalang

I assume that you included your new contact details (& email) - I am sure DIAC will get back to you soon - it usually takes 2 or 3 days for them to come back to us when we have contacted them.

Good luck

VickyMel

Howdy, thought it would help if i refrain from checking for a while and that i'd see WA smp when i'd log in. No joy.

Yes, definitely closing. I was told by my agent she could still pursue it, but with the office shutting down that would be too much of a risk.

Hi... did you contact your agent to see if they are closing? I spoke to themand they seemed ademant they were still in buisniness and my file was SAFE no mater what rumours are going around. Just wondering if you made contact 1st? taa...

Thanks Vickymel,

Yes and I've just got that auto response today. Doesn't tell me much though.

Does this mean I can try the post lodge inquiry now? I mean using my new contact details.

Hi Tikbalang

I assume that you included your new contact details (& email) - I am sure DIAC will get back to you soon - it usually takes 2 or 3 days for them to come back to us when we have contacted them.

Good luck

VickyMel

Howdy, thought it would help if i refrain from checking for a while and that i'd see WA smp when i'd log in. No joy.

Yes, definitely closing. I was told by my agent she could still pursue it, but with the office shutting down that would be too much of a risk.

Hi elizabeth todd (director)

thinking australia.com

There are postings on this chat forum that are reflecting our company in a bad light!

We are trading well. If any one has a concern please call us.

Guest guest33730

Elizabeth,

I have had a number of reports (even today) that your office is still not answering calls or emails and that you are still not in possession of many clients files - could you confirm whether this is the case please.

Daniel

Elizabeth,

I have had a number of reports (even today) that your office is still not answering calls or emails and that you are still not in possession of many clients files - could you confirm whether this is the case please.

Daniel

Hi. I contacted Thinking OZ via telephone and email. On both occasions Darrell (director) reported back within 10 minutes. He was upbeat and positive on both email and telephone.

You did direct the question to Liz Todd. (but thought id offer my latest experience).

Guest guest36187

Guys, This thread is NOT about Thinking Australia. The OP has stated that this is NOT his agent. Can we please respect the OP.

Elizabeth,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Pick up the phone and dial us now! 0845 850 40 40

We are here. Any files in australia are with a registered migration agent and under MARA law they are responsible for their files

elizabeth todd

Hi Daniel,

Pick up the phone and dial us now! 0845 850 40 40

We are here. Any files in australia are with a registered migration agent and under MARA law they are responsible for their files

elizabeth todd

[[Not Daniel & Emma]] ,,,, Daniel -aka- Bring Me Sunshine.

Just clarifying. Ta

Guest VickyMel

I'm not sure - hopefully someone will come and answer soon.

I would imagine that it should be immediately - I suspect that when they email to confirm they have received your change of correspondence details that they have already changed their system to place you as their contact.

But I don't really know.

Maybe ensure you mention that you have just changed contact details (and include the email address you gave) in the PLE just in case.

VickyMel

Archived