Australian Quiz.

Guest guest37336

Guest guest37336

Hi Folks.

Bloody miserable here at the moment, so thought I would stick this quiz up, serious, funny, whatever you want to do with it, just might pass the bloody time as we are stuck in as it is chucking it down here in sunny Hertfordshire.

No prizes for the correct answers peeps, and google as much as you want.:biglaugh:

Who said, 'Such Is Life'

Who said, '5 nil, whitewash, again.'

Who said, 'Naa, this IS a knife'.

What is the true meaning of 'Waltzing Matilda'.

What do the four XXXX's mean on the tinnies/stubbies from the Castlemaine brewery?

What is Australia's only poisonous mammal?

Australia is famous for having one section of rail track that has no bends in it, where is it, and how long is the stretch of rail?

Name the one species of Bear in Australia!!!

How many states and territories in Australia?

What is the 'original' name of Australia?

What is Australia biggest natural structure made by a 'living' organism?

What is Damper?

How many seas and oceans is Australia surrounded by?

What do you call a Boomerang that doesn't come back?

Australia has the most venomous snake in the world, yet funnily enough no fatalities have been recorded from its bite, what is the snakes name?

How many times larger is Australia than the UK?

What is Australia's capital city?

Australia was once targeted and bombed (war) by a foreign nation, who was it?

Tasmania's 'unofficial' name is?

One of the highest sea tides in the world occurs in Australia, where is it?

Who first invented the 'Pavlova', :shocked::policeman:

What do you call someone who can't play the Didgeridoo?

When did the 'White Only' policy in Australia come to an end?

The Emu and Kangaroo is on the Aussie coat of arms, but there is another 'living' species on it, what is it?

What is the longest river in Australia?

What is significance about the 26th January every year in Australia?

How many of the present population in Australia can trace their kith and kin directly to a convict, is it 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, (approx.) or higher?

On August 17th, 1980 the worlds media attention was turned on Australia, why?

The 'Ten Pound Pom' scheme was extended for a year and went up to £20 in that year, what year did this occur?

One of Australians prime ministers once caused uproar (in some circles) by doing what to the Queen?:shocked:

How many species of Kangaroo inhabit Australia?

How many migrants from the UK presently inhabit Australia?

PS. There are one or two 'trick' questions in the list.:cool:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest sh7t man no way

i know the answer to the last one mate--how many migrants from the UK presently inhabit australia---answer not enough--immigration said no:mad:

Hi Folks.

Bloody miserable here at the moment, so thought I would stick this quiz up, serious, funny, whatever you want to do with it, just might pass the bloody time as we are stuck in as it is chucking it down here in sunny Hertfordshire.

No prizes for the correct answers peeps, and google as much as you want.:biglaugh:

Who said, 'Such Is Life' Lotsa blokes including Ned Kelly

Who said, '5 nil, whitewash, again.' Bobj.

Who said, 'Naa, this IS a knife'. Paul 'Crocodile Dundee' Hogan.

What is the true meaning of 'Waltzing Matilda'. Australian Ra-Ra followers chorus at the Bledisloe Cup... Walking with your swag

What do the four XXXX's mean on the tinnies/stubbies from the Castlemaine brewery? Cross out the pommy p*ss?

What is Australia's only poisonous mammal? Pommy no-hopers? Duck-billed platypus

Australia is famous for having one section of rail track that has no bends in it, where is it, and how long is the stretch of rail? On the Nullabor, 487 km

Name the one species of Bear in Australia!!! two polar bears in Sea World, Goldcoast, drop bears in some forests, koalas aint in the ursa (bear) family...

How many states and territories in Australia? 6 states, 2 territories and then the state of euphoria, the state of intoxication, etc.

What is the 'original' name of Australia? British Sarf Gold Coast? Terra Australis Incognita

What is Australia biggest natural structure made by a 'living' organism? GBR. PIO? A sheila having sex with the Australian Ra-Ra team...oh, that's an orgasm...:no:

What is Damper? Telling a joke and forgetting the punch-line? Bread baked on a campfire

How many seas and oceans is Australia surrounded by? Lots...and bl**dy great fishing, too.

What do you call a Boomerang that doesn't come back? A pommy that goes back to the UK? A hunting boomerang, a stick

Australia has the most venomous snake in the world, yet funnily enough no fatalities have been recorded from its bite, what is the snakes name? Fierce snake, trouser snake, snakes and ladders.

How many times larger is Australia than the UK? 20 times...and 1000 times better...:tongue:

What is Australia's capital city? Canberra, or Mackay...

Australia was once targeted and bombed (war) by a foreign nation, who was it? Japan. UK's barmy army...several times.

Tasmania's 'unofficial' name is? Siamsusieville.

One of the highest sea tides in the world occurs in Australia, where is it? Broome and the West Kimberley coast.

Who first invented the 'Pavlova', :shocked::policeman: His dog. Toss-up between a Kiwi and an Australian.

What do you call someone who can't play the Didgeridoo? Bobj. Didgeridon't.

When did the 'White Only' policy in Australia come to an end? 1973 but Henry Ford liked it so much that he had a black car policy...The 'T' model Ford.

The Emu and Kangaroo is on the Aussie coat of arms, but there is another 'living' species on it, what is it? Wattle I do when you are far away...moz-screenshot-4.png

What is the longest river in Australia? Don't tell me, Darling... Murray...

What is significance about the 26th January every year in Australia? it always follows the 25th??

How many of the present population in Australia can trace their kith and kin directly to a convict, is it 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, (approx.) or higher? Depends on how honest one is...:wink:

On August 17th, 1980 the worlds media attention was turned on Australia, why? Bobj caught a big murray cod? Azaria Chamberlain...

The 'Ten Pound Pom' scheme was extended for a year and went up to £20 in that year, what year did this occur? After Bobj came out to Australia.:tongue:

One of Australians prime ministers once caused uproar (in some circles) by doing what to the Queen?:shocked: Ah, the great 'push-in-the-back' by Paul 'you scumbag' Keating. Walter O'reilly...er Raleigh and his "cloak-in-the-puddle" trick?

How many species of Kangaroo inhabit Australia? 4... big 'uns, little 'uns, fast 'uns and faster 'uns..

How many migrants from the UK presently inhabit Australia? Squillions.

PS. There are one or two 'trick' questions in the list.:cool: Where? Can you give us a clue?

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest guest37336
Great Idea Tony, but how can anyone top Bob?

Thanks Bob for ruining a good thread :realmad::biglaugh:

Hi Geoff.

I know I should have done this thread when bloody Bob was in bed. There must be more to add though mate, and you could come up with loads. Or as Bob PM'd me 'Make em EASY next time'.:notworthy::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.

Hi Geoff.

I know I should have done this thread when bloody Bob was in bed. There must be more to add though mate, and you could come up with loads. Or as Bob PM'd me 'Make em EASY next time'.:notworthy::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.

Poor bugger never sleeps needs to get get up ever hour for a pee :wubclub:

I will do my best

Who said, 'Such Is Life' Some would say Ned Kelly but his last words remain uncertain

Who said, '5 nil, whitewash, again.' Me

Who said, 'Naa, this IS a knife'. Paul 'Crocodile Dundee' Hogan.

What is the true meaning of 'Waltzing Matilda'. To carry your coat

What do the four XXXX's mean on the tinnies/stubbies from the Castlemaine brewery? QPDD, Queenslanders Pee Don't Drink

What is Australia's only poisonous mammal?

Australia is famous for having one section of rail track that has no bends in it, where is it, and how long is the stretch of rail? On the Nullabor, 487 km (go with Bob)

Name the one species of Bear in Australia!!! No native bears in Australia

How many states and territories in Australia? 6 states, 2 territories

What is the 'original' name of Australia? Terra Australis Incognita, meaning "unknown sourthern land"

What is Australia biggest natural structure made by a 'living' organism? some fungus somewhere in a forrest somewhere???

What is Damper? Bread baked on a campfire

How many seas and oceans is Australia surrounded by? What about straits???

What do you call a Boomerang that doesn't come back? a stick

Australia has the most venomous snake in the world, yet funnily enough no fatalities have been recorded from its bite, what is the snakes name? Land??? because I'm sure there is a sea snake that's worse

How many times larger is Australia than the UK? 20 times...and 1000 times better...:tongue: I'll go with Bob :notworthy:

What is Australia's capital city? Canberra,

Australia was once targeted and bombed (war) by a foreign nation, who was it? Japan. Bombed Darwin

Tasmania's 'unofficial' name is? The Apple Isle

One of the highest sea tides in the world occurs in Australia, where is it? Broome and the West Kimberley coast. Bob :notworthy:

Who first invented the 'Pavlova', :shocked::policeman: His dog. Toss-up between a Kiwi and an Australian. Agree again The Kiwi's lay claim but we all know the Aussies were the 1st!!!!!

What do you call someone who can't play the Didgeridoo? Bobj. Didgeridon't. :biglaugh:

When did the 'White Only' policy in Australia come to an end? 1973 but Henry Ford liked it so much that he had a black car policy...The 'T' model Ford. :biglaugh::notworthy:

The Emu and Kangaroo is on the Aussie coat of arms, but there is another 'living' species on it, what is it? Wattle I do when you are far away...moz-screenshot-4.png

What is the longest river in Australia? Don't tell me, Darling... Murray...

What is significance about the 26th January every year in Australia? pick one January 26 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many of the present population in Australia can trace their kith and kin directly to a convict, is it 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, (approx.) or higher? ?????

On August 17th, 1980 the worlds media attention was turned on Australia, why? A dingo got my baby...

The 'Ten Pound Pom' scheme was extended for a year and went up to £20 in that year, what year did this occur?

One of Australians prime ministers once caused uproar (in some circles) by doing what to the Queen? He touched the Queen, Paul Keating...... Living in France now....

How many species of Kangaroo inhabit Australia?

How many migrants from the UK presently inhabit Australia? Too bloody many!!!!.

PS. There are one or two 'trick' questions in the list.:cool:

Hi Folks.

Who said, 'Such Is Life' No one says it any more... A bloke got hanged for saying it...

Who said, '5 nil, whitewash, again.' Most Australians...

Who said, 'Naa, this IS a knife'. Nigella Bites?

What is the true meaning of 'Waltzing Matilda'. Shoving a vodka martini down a sheila's throat...

What do the four XXXX's mean on the tinnies/stubbies from the Castlemaine brewery? Xtra, Xtra, Xtra Xtra good Qld booze

What is Australia's only poisonous mammal? flying foxes with vampire teeth

Australia is famous for having one section of rail track that has no bends in it, where is it, and how long is the stretch of rail? Actually, there are 2 tracks, and it has a few vertical bends ...

Name the one species of Bear in Australia!!! Bear grease, bear all (bad spelling, I know) bear with me...

How many states and territories in Australia? And what the state of excreteme...excitement? Sorry, Olly.:wink:

What is the 'original' name of Australia? It was named by Jimmy Cook, after his crew member who first sighted it...Hicksville.:wink:

What is Australia biggest natural structure made by a 'living' organism? Hefilump poo?

What is Damper? Wot goes under golden syrup...:yes:

How many seas and oceans is Australia surrounded by? 4...one this side, one that side, one t'other side and one on the side...

What do you call a Boomerang that doesn't come back? A wog...er...wump of wood.

Australia has the most venomous snake in the world, yet funnily enough no fatalities have been recorded from its bite, what is the snakes name? Fred.

How many times larger is Australia than the UK? :hug: That many times.

What is Australia's capital city? Hot air and cold heartsville.

Australia was once targeted and bombed (war) by a foreign nation, who was it? It was targetted and bombed by no less than Sir Ian 'Guy-The-Gorilla' Botham on a few occasions

Tasmania's 'unofficial' name is? That island sarf of Smellbum.

One of the highest sea tides in the world occurs in Australia, where is it? is the tide in, or out...'cos it can be a helluva long way out.

Who first invented the 'Pavlova', :shocked::policeman: She was the sheila who stepped up on tippy-toe and wore a tu-tu and everyone yelled out " some sod should make a delicious sweet from that name..."

What do you call someone who can't play the Didgeridoo? Musician?

When did the 'White Only' policy in Australia come to an end? When we ran out of red paint.

The Emu and Kangaroo is on the Aussie coat of arms, but there is another 'living' species on it, what is it? lotsa germs

What is the longest river in Australia? After this lot of rain..All over

What is significance about the 26th January every year in Australia? Zack Hicks spotted it in a when he was in a drunken stupor. So we all get pickled to remind us.

How many of the present population in Australia can trace their kith and kin directly to a convict, is it 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, (approx.) or higher?

5.4%...Those out of work and in the nick.

On August 17th, 1980 the worlds media attention was turned on Australia, why? Brits lost the Ashes 5-nil again?

The 'Ten Pound Pom' scheme was extended for a year and went up to £20 in that year, what year did this occur? When the Poms won The Ashes 1-nil?

One of Australians prime ministers once caused uproar (in some circles) by doing what to the Queen?:shocked: How did you know that?? She reckoned it was great!

How many species of Kangaroo inhabit Australia? None, they were all killed by the poms in mistake for bears...

How many migrants from the UK presently inhabit Australia? :hug:

PS. There are one or two 'trick' questions in the list.:cool: All trick questions, but I did my best to answer truthfully.

Cheers, Grouchodom, Hopeless Roff et al.