Staying in the cold !

mickyb

The shippers came amonth ago , set sail on tuesday , finished work a week ago , sold all my remaining tools ,dogs been rehomed to really nice people ,one in wales ,one in portsmouth right by the sea , gave all remaining clothes ,including all winter wear to charity ,all plates kitchen utensils and everything gone . hotel booked at heathrow for saturday night ,flights booked for sunday morning ,two nights in kuala lumpar then on to brisbane .wednesday afternoon,transfered all our money to ANZ bank bar acouple of hundred pounds, dentists and wife gets a safe to fly certificate from the doctor then thursday morning .... awoken by strange noises coming from the ensuite ! 5am and the mrs b is sat in the shower 'i think my waters have broken ' so down to the hospital and after a lot of contractions at 4pm she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who despite being 41 days early weighed 5lb 6oz . he needed CPAP for 12 hours but is breathing fine now just abit of trouble feeding so got a tube in his stomach but he's in great hands at kettering general hospital and a big thanks to all the wonderful staff that assisted in his delivery and in the dependancy unit and my lovely wife .but what happens next ive no idea !kids ay !:unsure::rolleyes::spinny:

Guest siamsusie

its-a-boy.jpg

Oh Micky so many congratulations, what a story.. I am so pleased your wife and baby are safe....

I am thrilled for you all.. love Susie x

Guest siamsusie

Well Micky I have copied and pasted your post onto our woman's thread, we are very fond of true life/happy ending stories... hope you dont mind x

Guest Bailey Bunch
The shippers came amonth ago , set sail on tuesday , finished work a week ago , sold all my remaining tools ,dogs been rehomed to really nice people ,one in wales ,one in portsmouth right by the sea , gave all remaining clothes ,including all winter wear to charity ,all plates kitchen utensils and everything gone . hotel booked at heathrow for saturday night ,flights booked for sunday morning ,two nights in kuala lumpar then on to brisbane .wednesday afternoon,transfered all our money to ANZ bank bar acouple of hundred pounds, dentists and wife gets a safe to fly certificate from the doctor then thursday morning .... awoken by strange noises coming from the ensuite ! 5am and the mrs b is sat in the shower 'i think my waters have broken ' so down to the hospital and after a lot of contractions at 4pm she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who despite being 41 days early weighed 5lb 6oz . he needed CPAP for 12 hours but is breathing fine now just abit of trouble feeding so got a tube in his stomach but he's in great hands at kettering general hospital and a big thanks to all the wonderful staff that assisted in his delivery and in the dependancy unit and my lovely wife .but what happens next ive no idea !kids ay !:unsure::rolleyes::spinny:

Great story mate, congratulations.

I skiped this thread because of the title (thought here we go more whinging about weather:wink:) Glad i took a peek.

Congratulations to all of you, well done:cool:

Hey mick all the best we the new born, nice one fella . Welcome to parent hood

Cheers mate , I've already experienced fatherhood and I'm now in the mature father club , I've got 2 girls 17 and 19 and the reason for flying so late was I became a grandad 2 weeks ago so wanted to see my granddaughter before I left ! Still judge not as the saying goes !! Little boys doing well , still being tube fed but getting stronger , going back down hospital now

Guest guest30085

Congratulations to you and your mrs. :hug:

What a wonderful story! :notworthy:

Its nice to hear of some good news on here - and it doesnt get much better than this :biggrin:

Guest guest37336

Well done Micky, some story that one, congratulations to you and your family. May the happy times roll on for you all.

Cheers Tony:wink:

Thanks for all your kind words and wishes . Mrs b is great and baby is getting stronger and trying to feed on his own but struggling so still being tube fed but all monitors are off him and in an open cot , he could be in for 2-3weeks just depends on how soon he feeds naturally . We should all be on a plane now , and just saw Malaysia truly Asia advert on tv ! I ve changed my flight to 7th December to find home for us and baby as container arrives 30th and mrs b and baby b will fly out as soon as it's safe . Big hugs

Guest valleylass

Ahh I've now got the full story - was replying to you on the other thread. We too had organised to move (although not to another country) when our boy came early. Like you we had nothing as it was all in transit up the M1; mattress on the floor in someone else's flat because we had given up our lease.

It takes a while for the feeding skills to kick in as they don't get the sucking reflex until 36 weeks if memory serves me right.

Emigration will feel like a breeze after this!! Well done to Mrs B and your young fella - keep on putting on those pounds and you'll be out of there in no time.

Archived