Poor Old Aussie Dollar - Not so Poor Now

Guest JohnP

Guest JohnP

I have no luck with my native currency. when I moved to the UK in 98, It was $2.80 to the GBP, now Im ready to go back with all my £££ and its $2.30. What is everyone thinking of doing with their money? I think we will need most of ours when we get there, so I guess you just cut your losses. Any pearls of wisdom? Anyone had a good idea? Damn that Aussie Dollar. Can't we start a conspiracy theory to make the dollar plummet??

Ramblings of a mad man

Cheers

JP..

Hi

I always recommend to my clients to consider drip feeding their money from one country over a 12 monthperiod to the next as then they get an average of the currency movements over a period. Sure you don't get the best rate but it means you can sleep at night! even the professionals cannot predict currency exchange rates medium to long term. Last week they were saying the Aussie Dollar was heading higher and this week it has lost 4 cents against the US$! Better to drip feed or to be more technical "Dollar Cost Average"!

This is meant as general advice only and you should seek advice specific to your particular circumstances.

Archived