message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest physiomitch

mobile broadband providers

Guest physiomitch

Hi all

Only 19 days to go!!!!!

Can anyone let me know what is the best pay as you go mobile broadband in Oz, if it exists. In the UK there is only one, ie vodaphone, otherwise which would be the best pay monthly contract. I have 2 dongles already, so only require a sim card.

Thanks

Guest JamesGong

I suggest you browse here to do some research... http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/18

Also, unless you are moving to a metro area you need to think carefully about coverage unless you have the chance to test. Best way to do that is to buy a $2 SIM pack and see how you go with. The Telstra/Bigpond network is best, but the most expensive, followed by Optus and then 3/Vodafone. Any cheap pay-as-go provider will use one of these networks, but you might not get the same experience with the reseller as you would buying direct.

For work I use two different providers and have two different dongles, because of coverage and latency issues with the cheaper plan on one of them.

Guest physiomitch

Thanks James, I will be residing and hopefully working in the Gold Coast, so will check the coverage there.

Cheers