new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest Strider

Wow! It works! It works at last!

Now I see my first, unfinished application from 8th November!

The sequence of operations was the following:

1. 8th November.

Started and saved application form. (Tried to test the system, huh, what a mistake!)

2. 8th November - 15th November.

Prepared CV and other attachments.

3. 15th November.

Logged into the system and didn't find my saved application (Weird!)

4. 15th November.

What could I do? I started new application. Completed all at once, attached scans. After "submit" button there were no final page (like "congrats"). Though the table appeared under "track" option, Case Id and Status were empty.

5. 16th November - 29th November.

The table shows only Name and Date (15th Nov). No Case Id, No status. They don’t answer the phone, don't reply on emails.

6. 29th November.

The site is down.

6. 30th November.

The site is up.

The new application (15 Nov) disappeared. Instead, the old one (8 Nov) appeared at last! Status - Incomplete - "Complete Now"

So, now I hope I can finish my first application and avoid bugs in the future!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lankan1
Wow! It works! It works at last!

Now I see my first, unfinished application from 8th November!

The sequence of operations was the following:

1. 8th November.

Started and saved application form. (Tried to test the system, huh, what a mistake!)

2. 8th November - 15th November.

Prepared CV and other attachments.

3. 15th November.

Logged into the system and didn't find my saved application (Weird!)

4. 15th November.

What could I do? I started new application. Completed all at once, attached scans. After "submit" button there were no final page (like "congrats"). Though the table appeared under "track" option, Case Id and Status were empty.

5. 16th November - 29th November.

The table shows only Name and Date (15th Nov). No Case Id, No status. They don’t answer the phone, don't reply on emails.

6. 29th November.

The site is down.

6. 30th November.

The site is up.

The new application (15 Nov) disappeared. Instead, the old one (8 Nov) appeared at last! Status - Incomplete - "Complete Now"

So, now I hope I can finish my first application and avoid bugs in the future!

Well, in my opinion you haven't lost the 15th application, since its fully completed the system would have removed it & showing only the incomplete ones!!

Guest Mongobear
Does any one know what happens in steps after we submit the application for VIC SMP.

My details are as below:-

Name:JSHAN

Date of SMP application:29/11/2010( system shows 0711/2010 this is what i had created the application

Trade/profession: Sys Anlsyt

Nationality:INDIAN

IELTS (if applicable):avg 6.5

Visa type:457 currently / 175 aplied 30/8/2010 / 176 post VIC SMP

DIAC Priority (if applicable):3 at presrnt (2 if VIC SMP)

Delays/further docs requested: None

SS received: Not yet

comments: case id SS-2010-03xxxx

You're in my friend.

To answer your question. Your application will be assessed against employability in VIC. This will be done by an external body. They determine whether you're worth a sponsorship or not. In the past applications have not been accessed in date-order but rather in groups of occupations (all ITs, all tradies, all engineers). So far none of the new (SMP) applications have been assessed and everbody is still waiting for VIC to start moving ...

The following sentence has been written in tracking area of their web site.

NOTICE: Due to technical issues the Tracking area of this website has been removed. Registered users who have applied online for visa sponsorship will be contacted via email about the status of their application(s) when necessary. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Applications may take up to 12 weeks to process.

Guest Mongobear
My theory regarding declaration email from VIC.

I checked my copy of the VIC SS application, I found that all of my attachments were named exactly as I named them but the declaration file's name had changed. I had named it declaration.pdf but it shows declaration34.pdf. The application copy I have is text only, so the attachments cannot be opened. I think somehow the declaration pdf got mucked up in the VIC system and they cannot open it. I guess this happened to a few people's applications and that's why they asked us to send it again.

One good news from this is that they are looking at our applications to make sure we have all supporting documents and our applications are complete. It may also mean that the industry panel for ICT is meeting soon. So, I think people who have not received this email should not worry. This is specially true because the declaration they asked us to sign was exactly the same declaration that we sent with our original application. So, I don't think we are chosen to resend the declaration. It doesn't make sense to ask applicants to sign the same declaration in a matter of weeks if they have original declarations. If it was after months, we could say they are trying to see whether we are still committed to VIC and that would be kind of a good sign. Now I think it's more a matter of supplying missing documents.

I don't have any theory regarding change of case ID.:smile:

Good morning world :hug:,

a horrible night is over. Our little prince woke up at least 20 times tonight and cried for daddy :arghh: And daddy patiently sat by his bed every single time and waited for Mr. Sleepless to fall asleep again. :SLEEP:

Anyway, swan aka "Sherlock Holmes" thanks for your analysis. So I guess I don't have to add the daclaration changes to the first page ?!?

Just had a look at my application and the document I submitted was called declaration.pdf and has been renamed to declaration19.pdf by VIC. Could it by that my application is number 19 in the system ?

Cheerio

Uli

Guest Lankan1
The following sentence has been written in tracking area of their web site.

NOTICE: Due to technical issues the Tracking area of this website has been removed. Registered users who have applied online for visa sponsorship will be contacted via email about the status of their application(s) when necessary. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Applications may take up to 12 weeks to process.

Earlier 8 weeks now 12 :wacko:

Guest Strider
Well, in my opinion you haven't lost the 15th application, since its fully completed the system would have removed it & showing only the incomplete ones!!

Whatever it has been, I failed to finish my 8th application :(

While I was preparing to do it, they closed the link and the tracking facility at all!

Well, I created a new account and filled the form again.

Hello, 30th application for Sponsorship! :hug:

Guest Strider

P. S.

Lankan1, you are, very probably, right.

May be, 15th application will be retained, while 8th application is removed.

At the same time, I don't like 15th application for the abovestated reasons.

30th app seems more reliable, at least the final page was present.

Guest Lankan1
P. S.

Lankan1, you are, very probably, right.

May be, 15th application will be retained, while 8th application is removed.

At the same time, I don't like 15th application for the abovestated reasons.

30th app seems more reliable, at least the final page was present.

:wink:

Final page ??? You mean confirmation page "Thank you bla bla..."

Guest swan2748

Anyway, swan aka "Sherlock Holmes" thanks for your analysis. So I guess I don't have to add the daclaration changes to the first page ?!?

Let's add the case ID changes as it is still an unresolved mystery...(puts the hat on and starts smoking the pipe...:biglaugh:)

Since the website is back up I seem to have been kicked off !! The website does not recognise my log in details that I was using previously and the forgot password link does not send to my e mail address ???

I have sent an email to skilled@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au with my details. Has this happened to anyone else ?? Are they just not interested and couldn't be jiggered to send an explanation :-s. Ok I'm sure not the latter but I do feel a bit rejected.

I'm just hoping now that they answer their e mail as they have not previously. I'm not sure now whether to apply again or what. I'll try ringing them later..

Guest Strider
:wink:

Final page ??? You mean confirmation page "Thank you bla bla..."

Yes.

A very important page! :wink:

When I submitted on Nov 15, there were no final page.

How could I be sure that everything came into their base?

Besides, Case ID was empty.

Guest Strider
SHas this happened to anyone else ?? Are they just not interested and couldn't be jiggered to send an explanation :-s. Ok I'm sure not the latter but I do feel a bit rejected.

I'm afraid you can't count on getting replies.

For example, I haven't received one during 2 weeks.

Guest Mongobear

They definitely need some competent IT guys over there. :elf: Their doc-mgmt sytem and website is a joke. Luckily they've got my CV already and I just have to wait for their job-offer :spinny:

Guest uaSkywalker
Their doc-mgmt sytem and website is a joke. Luckily they've got my CV already and I just have to wait for their job-offer :spinny:

One needs to be an Australian citizen to work for Australian government, am I right? :biggrin:

Guest Mongobear
One needs to be an Australian citizen to work for Australian government, am I right? :biggrin:

That's even better. Saves me 5 long years of PR :wink:

Honestly, I know a German who moved to Townsville 8 months ago. He was "sponsored" by the OZ army and one requirement of this kind of sponsorship was that he had to become a citizen within 6 months from his initial touchdown in OZ. I guess because the job was in the public sector. Anyway, he just wrote a mail some weeks ago that he had his ceremony and ownes a OZ-passport now. Lucky him ...

Guest swan2748
Since the website is back up I seem to have been kicked off !! The website does not recognise my log in details that I was using previously and the forgot password link does not send to my e mail address ???

I have sent an email to skilled@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au with my details. Has this happened to anyone else ?? Are they just not interested and couldn't be jiggered to send an explanation :-s. Ok I'm sure not the latter but I do feel a bit rejected.

I'm just hoping now that they answer their e mail as they have not previously. I'm not sure now whether to apply again or what. I'll try ringing them later..

From your timeline it looks like you have successfully lodged your application. Have you received a case ID? If you have then I think you wouldn't have to submit a new application. Try emailing smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au as well. However I have never received a reply from them.

Guest seban123

As per my knowledge, for being a federal govt employee you need to be a Citizen. But state govts it is not mandatory. I know recent graduates working for vic government who are not even PRs

Hello all,

I have received this email:

--------------------------------

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your email. We have added the completed declaration to the application. We do not require a hard copy. We will contact you if we require any further information.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2010-021XX in all of your communication to us.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development

Level 20, 80 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000

Immigrate to Work and Live in Melbourne and Regional Victoria, Australia - Live in Victoria |

T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0561 | smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Guest swan2748
Hello all,

I have received this email:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your email. We have added the completed declaration to the application. We do not require a hard copy. We will contact you if we require any further information.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2010-021XX in all of your communication to us.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development

Level 20, 80 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000

Immigrate to Work and Live in Melbourne and Regional Victoria, Australia - Live in Victoria |

T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0561 | smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

I received a similar email, so I guess they are communicating with applicants now.

Archived